Group for Super Bowl V to be held at Lambeau Field

warallthetime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a facebook group (to which this thread is directed) but, as I cannot post links yet, I cannot post it.

Description:

For years we have seen the Super Bowl, our national holiday, be held at indoor stadiums and warm-weather locations. Is pre-gaming by the beach side and catering to high-paying celebrities and executives what our nation's favorite sport should be about?

American football is a blue collar sport, marketed towards and created for the working men of America. So, let our historic fiftieth (that's right, the big 5-0) be held that the most historically rich football stadium in the world.

Packers fan or not, one cannot deny the historical significance of Lambeau Field, the "first stadium built for the exclusive use of an NFL team, and [...] the longest continuously-occupied stadium in the NFL." The home of the first great Super Bowl team and the universal symbol of hard-nosed football.

So, let's see if we can get some support for the Super Bowl being returned to its natural place: the cold outdoor gridiron. We are DONE selling out and selling our sport to the corporate benefactors.

If you would like to contact the NFL contact line, you are free to copy & paste the text above and send them a message at NFL Contact Us

Just for fun. It's crazy what internet groups can do.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Never going to happen. Just not enough hotel rooms or infrastructure to handle a SB. And honestly, people who pay $1000 a ticket don't want to sit on a small metal bench the whole game. Championship games are the best GB will ever see.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never going to happen. Just not enough hotel rooms or infrastructure to handle a SB. And honestly, people who pay $1000 a ticket don't want to sit on a small metal bench the whole game. Championship games are the best GB will ever see.

That's what the article is all about--The tickets should go to people who don't mind sitting outdoors on metal benches. Probably the greatest game ever played was in Lambeau in freezing weather on metal benches. And there are plenty of rooms between Green Bay and Chicago that would accommodate the crowd.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The superbowl should be for the fans...not the corporate sponsors. That is why I got behind this thread.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I support the Super Bowl being held in Lambeau but I kind of see it as the same problem Chicago did for the Olympics, one we would probably have to compromise too much, maybe build a dome over the stadium a cardinal sin for Lambeau or worse build a bunch of things that won't be used after its built. Green Bay is not built to be a Super Bowl city, it doesn't have the accommodations or anything and the only way it would happen is if it was tradition to hold the Superbowl there every year.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have attended SBs and own several businesses in the hospitality sector so speaking from from ends, I cant believe that it ever has a chance to happen. Simply put there are not enough hotel rooms in GB. When they had one of the more recent SBs in Tampa there was not enough rooms within 30 miles, and thats Florida. It would create major problems and the closest city that would be able to host any of the parties would be Milwaukee. Then comes the problem that our airport is not big enough to support that much traffic. And the most obvious problem would be the weather.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
ROGER GOODELL IS ABOUT
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Straight cash, dollar bills, no checks, just MONEY.

I would love to go to a Super bowl in green bay, but i'm not delusional. Maybe in 25 years after lambeau field is upgraded again and its like the 100th anniversary of the nfl or something they will have one in lambeau.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ivo, Lambeau is sold out every game day, so there's no problem with game day traffic. The parties and all of that stuff is irrelevent, at least to me. Weather has been involved in some of the greatest games in NFL history, and it is frequently the conditions that made them legendary--including the Ice Bowl. So I think the possibility of bad weather adds to the game, not detracts from the game.

I think the Championship game should be played either at the NFC or AFC champion's field every year--just as the World Series does it. The fans deserve to see their teams in action. All the celebrities can watch it on a big screen somewhere.

Members online

Latest posts