Green Bay Packers Free Agents thread

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope they dont resign him. Until he was playing for a contract he was below avg. Never been a Hawk fan. Maybe his modeling career will take off.

MikeyThePug

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hope they resign him, hes been a favorite of ours! i like lee too, but i guess we have to do what is right for the Packers

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I really hope they dont resign him. Until he was playing for a contract he was below avg. Never been a Hawk fan. Maybe his modeling career will take off.

Yeah, I wasn't overly sold on him either, but you always hate to take away pieces from a Super Bowl winner. My son says they should keep him just so he can be Clay's body double and confuse other teams. LOL.

PackerChef

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't feel that you can have 11 stars on your defense, and you gotta have a guy like hawk who is assignment sure and just does the little things correctly. Did anybody else notice that once he started running the defense, the "miscommunications" that were rampant while barnett called the defense disappeared?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't feel that you can have 11 stars on your defense, and you gotta have a guy like hawk who is assignment sure and just does the little things correctly. Did anybody else notice that once he started running the defense, the "miscommunications" that were rampant while barnett called the defense disappeared?

anyone else notice he only started playing hard when he contract was at risk?

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We cut him to void his contract and $10 mil owed, but we can negotiate with our own players from this last year, but noone else's. I like Hawk and he is an unsung hero of this defense. Guys like Hawk let guys like Matthews, Woodson, etc make big plays and run around doing craziness.

Spriggins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really hoping they can sign Hawk back. No way they could keep him at that price tag, but I'd rather have Hawk over an aging Barnett.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really hoping they can sign Hawk back. No way they could keep him at that price tag, but I'd rather have Hawk over an aging Barnett.

Hawk wants to stay a Packer, the the Packers want Hawk to stay a Packer...

Now pull a Larry the Cable Guy and " Gitter Done"...

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cutting Hawk was just an administrative move in lieu of signing him to a more reasonable long term contract. Nothing to worry about. He was a key component of a championship team and he'll be back.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I don't agree. I think he is a good player, not great. I think people's attitude toward him is very much affected by his draft position. I don't think his performance was at all on par with what one would typically expect with the 5th overall pick in the draft - at that position you expect a pro bowler. But, had he been taken in any round other than the first (and certainly not high first) I don't think people would associate near the amount of negativity with AJ that they do. He is solid but not spectacular, and IMO the kind of guy you want on your team. He is a more than adequate starter, but don't ever expect the guy to be all-pro.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Considering the number of 1st round picks that end up as total busts, getting a solid ball player is acceptable. Yeah, not your ideal, but you could have a bobby carpenter, Tony Mandritch, or Jamarcus Russell type bust.

I hope they resign Hawk. He has been injury free throughout his career and was a solid ball player for us this year on a Championship team. If it ain't broke don't fix it I say. Considering the China dolls we have on this team, it was refreshing to see Hawk in there the whole season. And he played great last year imo.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they resign him when they can. Players like Hawk are part of the reason why the dynamics of this D works. Hawk is one of the building blocks of this D, he may not be a corner or key stone player but he is one of the components in the structure that allows this system to work so well. If you look at it like a chain, made up of many links, that when together is unbreakable, do you fear what is going to happen when you lose some of those links in the chain? I think we had, and still have, the best D in the league or dang near. Maybe losing Hawk won't upset the balance of the universe too much but I fear monkeying with a good thing. This may be a touch of idealism but I am of the philosophy, if it's not broke, don't fix it. But then you throw money and contracts into the mix and everything changes. God Bless T.T., God bless!

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jason Wilde Twitter: Hawk to sign 5 year deal with Packers tomorrow

Twitter

I don't know how reliable the sources are, but I like the sound of this!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
anyone else notice he only started playing hard when he contract was at risk?

While that’s a possibility - you can’t argue about the timing, I saw another theory which attributes his improved play to playing alongside Bishop instead of having to cover for Barnett. I don’t know if I buy that either, but I thought it was interesting. IMO it had more to do with his taking a leadership role, playing behind an emerging star at NT (who kept both ILBs “cleaner”) and the improvement of the defensive backfield with the ascension of Williams and emergence of Shields. IOW, everyone around him was playing better.

I hope they keep Hawk over Barnett (can't argue with success and he's younger and healthier) and if they do that has to spell the end of Barnett in Green Bay, doesn’t it? Barnett, Bishop, and Chillar are being paid very well to play/backup ILB. If Hawk also gets a starter’s deal…

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL yeah people on comments were saying "OH TT is back to his same old." LOL People are also stupid. He built a Super Bowl winning team. PERIOD.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time Stamp me: 10:42 PM 3-2-11

Report to Packer Forum;
From Deadscott

A.J. Hawk will return to Green Bay on 3-3-11 to sign a five year deal

I cannot divulge my sources

last time I tried to break news it didnt turn out so good. Hopefully when you do it ends up looking better.

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just looked on NFL.com, ESPN.com, Yahoo sports, and FOX6 sports... cant find a single thing anywhere confirming this.
Id like to see this happen very much. But until i can see a credible source.. its just another rumor.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts