Got your Hall Of Fame Player?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he re-signed barry, who is a RT\RG option.

Also, free agency is still going on. Do I have to bring back my sig that explains how free agency works?

Ryan - please make sigs longer! jk

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh...wait...oh yeah...hang on....

there is still that thing called the "NFL Draft" in April. It is not even April so yeah.

You wont see "many" signings at one position at all, not in the middle of march.

Theres still more free agency, there is the draft, and in june when teams cut players to avoid costly bonus hits, those players are available...

but yeah...lets complain in march, it almost makes sense in a way..

Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
hmmm..

Haven't seen many guard signings either...

What's up with that..???

I honestly believe that our coaches have seen something in the players we have. I really would like to read up on how Coston has done, ever since he was drafted I just really liked him. Don't know why, but I think he is quick enough to excell in the Zone blocking we will now use.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
[quote="P@ck66":vag8hmde]hmmm..

Haven't seen many guard signings either...

What's up with that..???

I honestly believe that our coaches have seen something in the players we have. I really would like to read up on how Coston has done[/quote:vag8hmde]

thats true, there hasnt been anything said has there. Maybe MM is a hush-hush coach like that one coach in New England...Bob bulichok?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know how you and TT thinks it works...

Let every other team in the NFL sign the good players...and pickup the garbage and scrubs off the waiver wire....for a "good deal"...

(that's a laugh...)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe you should read Chris Havel's latest article, where he disagrees with you at almost every point. But what does he know, right?

THATS a laugh, my fr...fellow packerforum poster

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I know how you and TT thinks it works...

Let every other team in the NFL sign the good players...and pickup the garbage and scrubs off the waiver wire....for a "good deal"...

(that's a laugh...)

I don't wanna be disrespectful here, but seriously are you a Packers fan?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is Ryan Pickett a garbage pickup or scrub? you know, dont answer that. It's all subjective, if you think hes bad, you think hes bad. We all dont guage players the same way. But he led the NFL(or NFC, i always forget which) in DT Tackles! oh well.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
We love the Pack...

(Just not each other...)

We? I was asking you. Please keep your indifference's with others to yourself.

You keep claiming to be a Packer fan yet you rarely if ever agree with any move the Packers make. You only support Favre and his every move or lack of move(referring to his retirement).

Guess I just don't understand where you are coming from at all. I've always considered fans as those who support their team, not critize them for everything they do.

I dunno.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
P@ck66 said:
We love the Pack...

(Just not each other...)

You keep claiming to be a Packer fan yet you rarely if ever agree with any move the Packers make. You only support Favre and his every move or lack of move(referring to his retirement).

Guess I just don't understand where you are coming from at all. I've always considered fans as those who support their team, not critize them for everything they do.

Zero....P@ck66 is an avid Packer fan and a very knowedgable one but....I hope this isn't considered insulting.....he isn't a fan of authority. I don't want to put words in your mouth 66 just trying to help.

I dunno.

Man that's the second time I did that. Sorry about my quote inside yours. I'm too lazy to fix it.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
It would be MUCH easier (and smarter) to have a "good defense"....and surround Favre with very good/great receivers...and a coach who knows how to call a game on gameday....

You'd have a much better chance of going all the way...that way!

P@ck66 said:

P@ck66:

I am not sure what your point is here, as you seem to be contradicting yourself....

First you say building a quality defense would be the best plan for Green Bay. Then when TT signs Kampman, Pickett and Manuel, you claim "every other NFL team [is signing] the good players" while Green Bay picks up "the garbage and scrubs off the waiver wire".

Are you trying to say that resigning of FA Kampman and the addition of FAs Pickett and Manuel, combined with standouts Barnett, Collins and Harris, is not laying down the foundation for a top 10 defense for this season and the future?

If you honestly think that dropping $25 million on Owens would be the answer to all the problems in Green Bay, you really need to take a second look at what comprises a championship winning footbal team. :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know I love when my initial posts get so much traction. Maybe I am a thought provacator. Or maybe I am an instigator.

But seriously. As I read the responses back and forth I can come to only one conclusion. Pack66 is a middle roader. He would rather have everything both ways.

Ie Sherman Ie Favre Ie TT. Ie Tromdaz.

I think at times he disagrees with people just because of the person who wrote the post. I know he did not read what I wrote concerning the Fact that maybe just maybe if the Pack can generate a respectable D. and a "profeciant"(spelling) Offense then the Pack will be in the thick of it.

And yes Pack66 Favre does need to take the next step (again). He has one SB win and one loss in 15 years not bad but should have been alot more.

I think that previous GM's Wolf and Sherman tried to hard to build a team for Brett and not for the Pack.

As I have analyzed the past I see a future that maybe not bending to Favre and bending to the real needs of the Pack is the only way for Brett to return to the SB in the twilight of his career.

And remember Holmgren never bent to the will of Favre. Favre bent to him.

An elite soldier without a leader is a common man but a common man with a leader can become a soldier.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"And yes Pack66 Favre does need to take the next step (again). He has one SB win and one loss in 15 years not bad but should have been alot more. "

YOu see..this is the problem that I have with this board....

You say I contradict myself..Anubis...look at this statement....by JB...

Are you blaming Favre for only one SB win JB...or the coaches or both...??

(I mean...there's so much fuzzy thinking going on here...)

Do I think TT is doing a good job in FA....

No...not really...ok...I guess...but not great...

Pickett....OK...not really above Grady....
Kampman...OK....
Manuel....OK..

I'm not blown away by any of these signings.....are you???

I mean some of you guys..imo..are really reaching to defend TT...
Let's face it...he really hasn't done much so far...and his plan is to wait for other teams to cut players...and to get cheap player off the waiver wire...

Is that going to make the Pack a great team???

I highly doubt it....

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

Jeez..

I didn't realize this was the "All TT-romadz forum"....

He definitely seems to be cut some major slack here while others are slapped down....

Oh well..it's your forum...I gues...

Reaction score
66, the thing is though that you had a vendetta against Sherman. He is gone. Then what we thought would be blissfull times of peace from you became rants on TT. So TT has done an ok job so far, you make it seem as if he is the devil. All your posts are bashing someone within the Packers. That is stale. I defend TT because I want to see the results of this season before I judge him. We all make mistakes, and TT made a few of them. But TT also made a few good decisions also. I want to allow him time to grow into his job, but you do criticize a lot for someone who is a diehard Packer fan.

TT's plan so far was to sign players at a REASONABLE price. HE got Kamp and Green to great deals. He got Pickett signed to a deal between 3-4 million per year. That is OUTSTANDING for what many scouts considered a high quality FA. I was angry at first too for the lack of spending, but I'd rather have players who will make modest money and play hard. Let things play out, give TT a chance. Everyone deserves a chance.

Reaction score
66, if you think you are being treated unfairly, or the mods are being unfair to you, PM one of us right away. I will say that we in no way, shape or form try to moderate with a grudge against certain posters.

Trom has his criticisms of the Packers, but he is generally optimistic. Your posts have not shown anywhere near the same optimism, and that is why I believe Z2C asked if you were a real Packer fan. You just seem to nag instead of stand behind your team. Nothing personal, but your posts for the last while do prove that.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Pickett....OK...not really above Grady....
Kampman...OK....
Manuel....OK..

I'm not blown away by any of these signings.....are you???

I am not sure what your point is. You seem to think that unless a player is a superstar, TT should not even look at them. The three signings above, coupled with the playmakers we already have, is going to ensure a top 10 defense this season and into the future. Is this not a big step in the right direction? Personally, it would have "blown me away" if TT had not of resigned Kampman. With the current state of our offense, we are going to need a strong defense to stay competitive. TT seems to be doing very well in that regard.

P@ck66 said:
I mean some of you guys..imo..are really reaching to defend TT...
Let's face it...he really hasn't done much so far...and his plan is to wait for other teams to cut players...and to get cheap player off the waiver wire...

Is that going to make the Pack a great team???

I highly doubt it....

I am neither defending nor persecuting TT. Some moves he made I agree with (such as beefing up our defense), and others I completely disagree with (overlooking Jim Bates as HC). You, on the other hand, do not seem to be happy with anything the GB Management does. You sounded the trumpet for Sherman's head (which BTW, I agreed with you by the end of the 2005 campaign), but at the same time you do not seem to be willing to give his successor a chance to prove himself. At least wait until the end of week one before getting out the tar and feathers. We have the draft, camp, preseason and a whole new coaching staff to evaluate before we can make an honest judgement as to where this team stands.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ok fine...

I'll refrain from criticizing TT...

(Personally...I think he's trying to drive FAvre into retirement....which I have a problem with...but I'm sure I'll be told I'm a whako conspiracy nut....whatever...)

I guess we'll just have to see what happens once the season starts...

(I would take a different tactic towards FA if I were TT...but that's just me...)

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
ok fine...

I'll refrain from criticizing TT...

(Personally...I think he's trying to drive FAvre into retirement....which I have a problem with...but I'm sure I'll be told I'm a whako conspiracy nut....whatever...)

I guess we'll just have to see what happens once the season starts...

(I would take a different tactic towards FA if I were TT...but that's just me...)

Ahhhh Pack you just dont get it I think. I dont think any one in the front office or the field of Lambeau is above reproach. I think at times TT goes to slow for my tastes. But all in all I dont call the shots. I may scratch my head when he signs someone and say WHO IS THIS GUY.

I think what most people question about you is you tend to be middle of the road and nothing makes you happy. You spit and sputter about conspiracies and other matters like my 1980 dodge.

Football is a team endevour. When I wrote the initial post I was expressing that Favre while being a first ballot hall of famer did not have teams/coaches around him to compete in the Superbowl level.

I have also said that Wolf and Sherman tried to hard to build the team around Brett and to not address real needs. Look at the stats. While GB often ranked in the top 10 of Offense they were anywhere from 15th to 30th in Defense.

I want LET ME REPEAT wat Favre back. I want him to have that one thing he had been missing since 1995 1997 and 1997 A SOLID DEFENSE. Brett is a human being and makes mistakes. In the Past the TEAM could withstand those mistakes. Last year showed that as the season wore on Brett often pressed his game causing more mistakes.

So I am of the school of thought that I will wait until after some real games have been played before I throw TT MM on the pyres of malcontent.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
all about da packers said:
Jb, your post brought up an interesting point. This is for a different topic I suppose, but Brady and Bradshaw might not have been in the same class as Brett, but the championships they have won have cemented their place in the HOF.

Brett is a one of a kind Player but has not had the tools in the shed with him to go the next step.

Boy, ain't that the truth! And probably one of the most subtle understatements of pro football.

One of Wolf's greatest regrets is not having surrounded Brett with steller catching targets, with more ability after the catch. Driver has been a pleasant surprise. Yet, Brett continued to haul in the numbers, and didn't do any whining about it either-----amazing!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Backin...

This is MY whole point....

I've been watching for 6 years now..since Holmgren left...and they haven't been able to build a winning team around Favre.....

(and it was mostly because Sherman was over his head in GB as a GM/HC...and even though they did have a productive offense...it focused primarily on the running game....and the receivers were rookies that had to take 2-3 years to develop...besides Driver....Hell...Ferguson STILL hasn't "developed"...)

That's my problem...it could have been done...but wasn't because of incompetence at the top....

..and I won't even mention the defense....

But if Favre would have had another good veteran receiver or two...instead of Ferguson and Chatman..etc...(and better coaches who knew what decisions to make at game time...)..I say the Pack would have been back to the SB already...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's true........they had the chance to get several SB wins. Just didn't get the right players around Favre. Now it's probably too late. What a waste.

Members online

Latest posts