Getting Tired of Opposing Fans at Lambeau

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken in a major way, it sou ded like there were at least 15k Eagles fans at the game last night. Not to mention the fact their fans did a number on Packers fans in a fight. There were tons of Vikings fans in the stands on September 15th too.

What is going on here? Are our fans too nice? Ticket prices too high?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Our own season ticket holders trying to recover the cost of the tickets plus the PSL.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Not if they're selling at a huge markup to fans who can't get tickets in their own market.

Packers fans ar notorious for filling other stadiums for that very reason.

We used to fill Tampa's Big Sombrero every year. Detroit used to refuse to fill ticket orders to certain zip codes (read: anywhere in Wisconsin). Minnesota required that single game ticket buyers also buy tickets to pre-season games at full face value...

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every game the Pack have played here in San Diego for years (for me going back into the 90’s ) has been like a Packer home game. Seemed like at least 2/3 of the stadium were Green and Gold and tailgating with my Charger friends, well, they were the minority in the parking lot.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huge number of Eagles fans last night. Agree it was at least 15k. When they scored it sounded like they were at a home game. I think a lot of Packer fans have gotten sick and tired of pathetic defenses and sell their tickets knowning the team isn't a contender. If the Packers ever becone a contender again, those opposing fans will become scarce..

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken in a major way, it sou ded like there were at least 15k Eagles fans at the game last night. Not to mention the fact their fans did a number on Packers fans in a fight. There were tons of Vikings fans in the stands on September 15th too.

The worst was this fat Eagle fan with the weird tattoos on his stomach right in the end zone looked nasty..

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huge number of Eagles fans last night. Agree it was at least 15k. When they scored it sounded like they were at a home game. I think a lot of Packer fans have gotten sick and tired of pathetic defenses and sell their tickets knowning the team isn't a contender.
To be fair, the Eagles fans had a lot more to cheer about last night.

Packer fans have become somewhat spoiled over the past 25 years, but frustrations have mounted too. There was a commentator on ESPN (can't recall his name), he said several times that this looked like the "same old, same old" Packers. Aaron Rodgers + nobody. It's only natural that fans will be more enthusiastic when the team is elite.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Call me stupid but I can`t see the point you`re making. If tickets were available, doesn`t that say more about our fans than theirs ? I can`t comment on the fighting because I wasn`t there but it takes two to have a fight surely ?

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
The internet and sites for resale of tickets has opened up ticket availability to non-locals. I agree with Buggy on this point - maybe Eagles fans are willing to travel to support their team. If Packer fans don't like a large presence of opposing team fans the solution is obvious - buy a ticket.

Packerfan0220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Call me stupid but I can`t see the point you`re making. If tickets were available, doesn`t that say more about our fans than theirs ? I can`t comment on the fighting because I wasn`t there but it takes two to have a fight surely ?

I was at game, honestly saw more Packer fans being ******** then eagle fans

OP
OP
P

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Our fans aren't as passionate as they once were? Fairweather? 700 season tickets were made available this year. They struggle to sell Brown County tickets. And Family night didn't sellout.

https://www.pressreader.com/usa/milwaukee-journal-sentinel/20190924/281711206370430

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.tic...-night-tickets-selling-slower-than-usual/?amp

https://www.packers.com/news/packer...nty-residents-chosen-in-annual-ticket-drawing

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't speak for ticket sales of regular games or season tickets but can regarding Family Night. We used to take a group of 40+ every year until they jacked with the sales policy about 4 years ago. The 8, then 20 seat maximum was fine because we'd keep trying until we had 60 very close to each other, buy them, and then sell the remainders on EBay for face value.

The next year they allowed unlimited sales & the bots took over purchasing large quantities within the 1st minutes for inflated resale prices ... no chance of us getting 40+ tix together so our tradition stopped ~ haven't been to Family Night since.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

I always find it funny when Packer fans ***** about other teams fans at Lambeau but they always brag about how many Packer fans are there at away games.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For a city with a population of 105k and the entire county at 260k, filling an 80k stadium ( the 5th largest in the NFL) on a Thursday night with only locals might get tough. I could see where life could interfere with game time. I wouldn’t have been able to make it this week. While I would have tried to give friends or family the tickets, with what season tickets cost, I don’t blame others for recouping some of the season cost, especially if they could get a premium price.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always find it funny when Packer fans ***** about other teams fans at Lambeau but they always brag about how many Packer fans are there at away games.
That’s because you are missing the point. We are not angry at the other fans for coming to Lambeau ... we are disappointed in ourselves for not buying all the tickets. Conversely, we are happy to see a large contingent of fans supporting the team on the road. These feelings are not in conflict. While it would be nice to see The Packer fans dominate in both arenas, it is not strange that we wish that were the case.

D

Deleted member 6794

Our fans aren't as passionate as they once were? Fairweather? 700 season tickets were made available this year.

99.4% of season ticket holders renewed theirs. With 137,000 people on the waiting list there's no reason to be worried.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
That’s because you are missing the point. We are not angry at the other fans for coming to Lambeau ... we are disappointed in ourselves for not buying all the tickets. Conversely, we are happy to see a large contingent of fans supporting the team on the road. These feelings are not in conflict. While it would be nice to see The Packer fans dominate in both arenas, it is not strange that we wish that were the case.
I do believe Packer fans already own all the tickets. Haven't they bee "sold out" for years?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well then, I guess the point is that some season ticket holders are as hardcore fans as others.
A lot of season ticket holders are elderly though, and may have trouble getting to games, for various reasons. But they want to hang on to those season tickets, because they're a valuable asset.