Get your excuses ready for the 2005 season

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Phil...

I don't know that Lovie is all that much better....

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KilrB said:
I dont think sherman is the greatest coach in the NFL but we could do a lot worse! We could have a coach named Lovie! :lol:

Also if Holmgren is so great then why do the Seahawks continue to Suck!

Also, we could have another coach named mike, last name tice.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quiting before you start, a true losers lament...

pantherd said:
Ask anyone in the locker room on Sundays. They are the "experts." They'll be the first to tell you...

"THERE ARE NO EXCUSES."

This is one lousy scrimmage, not even a preseason game. Come on! What could mean less? Carolina could've folded last year at 1-7 or made excuses why we didn't make the playoffs when we lost the last game of the season when it was win and in.

Again the players will all tell you, "there are NO excuses."

I totally agree -- "THERE ARE NO EXCUSES IN FOOTBALL!"

On the other hand, Chase/Steel Wheels is a POOR EXCUSE for a football fan. I cannot imagine what it must be like to want to quit before you start?????
77 Pinto on blocks in the yard or not, Chicken Little's propensity to quit and give up hope right out of the gate is the real sad story. Football is a game of guts and passion, not cowardly cowering.

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WEll Well Well,
Packers ripping each other before the season starts. As an outsider and a Viking fan I just love this. When would be a good time to start calling for Shermans head? I think he went to the "school of draft like Denny". Dont you guys need some defense? I read somewhere that the best cornerback is this guy that you got from the Arena league? Is this true?
And I see alot of finger-pointing going on in here.
Keep up the good work! :lol: :lol:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Animal....you are a few years late as the "Give us Sherman's head" contingency has been vocal for quite some time. That said, don't get your undies in a bundle with glee over healthy debate between Packers' fans on this forum. Your attention and concern should be directed toward THE most psychologically fragile franchise in the league....the ViQueens.

Daunte still has done **** but put up big numbers and melt under pressure. Moss is gone...a big but necessary loss. No rolling defenses toward Nate Burleson. Defense? Well....Sharper has been in decline for 2-3 years and Smoot is terribly overrated. Pat Williams is a good sign and your line looks to be fantastic...but they ain't done **** yet.

For a team that is so prone to fall apart when things are going good, I cannot wait to see how they respond with the weight of being widespread favorites for the division, with some even uttering Super Bowl.

Like ***** with cement shoes...they sink!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That kid from the Arena League is going to be the best in the division by the beginning of next season and will be at least on par with Smoot by about week 4 this year.

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey digger,
I think that the fragile moniker can passed along to you cheesers. In fans and team. You guys have been sitting on the edge of the "favre retiring" seat for a couple now and looking to blame Sherman for everything. Sherman didnt run the run the poor routes in the P/O game. He didnt miss all of the tackles.
Sharper is going to be good for us as much as was the biggest nemesis for Daunte over the years. I know two games at least he will be very hyped to play.
Smoot in your opinion is overrated. Is that because he talks alot? He is going to be a very important part to our defense and will do more than people give him credit for. With additions of Napo, Cowart, and Phat Pat the defense will not finish at the bottom of the barrel again this year. Unlike your defense, which will struggle to keep points off of the board, forcing Favre to try and do it all again. This will not be condusive to winning many games.

and will be at least on par with Smoot by about week 4 this year.
You are kidding right? And he will pass the likes of Winfield next year? That is a bold statement, but I respect it.

Anyone think that Kevin Williams is the best tackle in the game? I bet Favre will by the end of the season. 8) :lol:

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not kidding at all. He had great coverage against Moulds and Evans in the scrimmage, so much so that Losman didn't even look to his side of the field. I'm sure you'll be taking in the Pack's game tonight, so watch him to the extent you can. He's outstanding.

In addition, I for one do not blame Sherman for the playoff loss, but rather a lack of depth and terrible route running by the receivers. You're also right that Sherman didn't miss all of the tackles, Sharper did, or he at least missed most of them.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Say what you will, animal. Yeah, Sharper is better than what you had...big deal. As someone who has watched him whiff air more than opponents, and whose freelancing the last several years has cost us dearly...have him. He is only great with someone great next to him...ala Butler. Other than that, he is a formerly good safety on the decline.

Favre retiring? Well, it is gonna happen...how that impacts anyone now is beyond me. We would all like to see him play forever, but that ain't gonna happen. Bottom line, it looks like the replacement is under contract.

Smoot....overrated, plain and simple. Good player, no doubt, but no savior.

Historically, the Packers have been one of the more consistently mentally tough teams in the league, and yours has been one of its most frail. The old saying about leopards changing their spots comes to mind right about now.

And last but not least, w/o Moss chasing down any lob Daunte chucks, Daunte will now be forced to read defenses and check down his progression of receivers.

We all know what happens when Daunte is asked to do anything more than rely on his impressive physical skills!!

P.S. Kevin Williams and your line will be great. The only thing I would hang my hat on at this juncture.

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:

Smoot over-rated? No way. He was highly UNDER-RATED in Washington compared to Champ Bailey. Everyone in the stadium knew who the better CB was on that team. Smoot is the real deal and then some.

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Say what you will, animal. Yeah, Sharper is better than what you had...big deal. As someone who has watched him whiff air more than opponents, and whose freelancing the last several years has cost us dearly...have him. He is only great with someone great next to him...ala Butler. Other than that, he is a formerly good safety on the decline.

Favre retiring? Well, it is gonna happen...how that impacts anyone now is beyond me. We would all like to see him play forever, but that ain't gonna happen. Bottom line, it looks like the replacement is under contract.

Historically, the Packers have been one of the more consistently mentally tough teams in the league, and yours has been one of its most frail. The old saying about leopards changing their spots comes to mind right about now.

And last but not least, w/o Moss chasing down any lob Daunte chucks, Daunte will now be forced to read defenses and check down his progression of receivers.

We all know what happens when Daunte is asked to do anything more than rely on his impressive physical skills!!

P.S. Kevin Williams and your line will be great. The only thing I would hang my hat on at this juncture.

I never said that Sharper was better than what we have, but that statement may ring true by the end of the season. That is what the organization is hoping for. A team is only as good as the back-ups. Last time I looked there was more than one person in the secondary. Sharper was the best that you had back there last season. Did you guys improve the secondary as a whole in the offseason?
So what you are saying about Rodgers that he is the second coming of 'Ol Farmer boy? Now that is a BOLD statement.
Smoot is better than what you give him credit for and will show you that soon. He is a top 10 corner in this league whether you will admit it or not.

Since I am the only Animal around here, the leopard spot deals do not apply. There have been many a choke job by the Pack over the years and the futility of the Packers in the past 30 years outweighs the Vikings by tenfold.

Daunte is never going to get any props from you, that is what I see here. So preach on brother, it's falling on deaf ears though. His maturation process is almost complete. The rest will come this season.

The Williams Bros. are coming to a game near you! Don't blink, you might miss the Blitzkrieg!!!!! Ted Cottrell will have something special for the Pack and their big bad O-line. It's a good thing that Favre came in to TC in the best shape that he has ever been in. He will need it, because he will be running for his life. :wink:

Slick,
And as far as ownership........The person that is supposedly owned will not have a comeback for the person that supposedly was claiming ownership. :roll:
I think I did a fair job at getting my family jewels back. :shock: :lol:

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Sorry Ryan.

My first loyalty is to the Silver and Black and the AFC.

***EDITED by Ryan***
Completly personal attack post. Not cool in the Packer Fan Forum. Move it to the smack area.

Ryan, everyone knows Raider Pride is funny.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
vikes93animal said:
Slick,
And as far as ownership........The person that is supposedly owned will not have a comeback for the person that supposedly was claiming ownership. :roll:
I think I did a fair job at getting my family jewels back. :shock: :lol:

Are you sure you're a Vikings fan? You seem too cool to be one, so how's bout jumping over the border and joing all the other cool people and Steel Wheels as Packer fans!!

GBXU

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
The Packers have only played in and looked like sh#t in one scrimmage game this season and the excuses are already flying. It's really no big deal because the Mike Sherman coached Packers are used to being embarrassed @ Lambeau Field.

It was the 1st scrimmage this season for both teams but the Buffalo Bills rolled up 305 yds on offense to the Packers paltry 65 yds in front of a full house of 62 thousand plus fans @ Lambeau field.

That is nothing new. The Sherman coached Packers were only 9-7 @ Lambeau over the past 2 seasons and have lost 2 playoff games @ Lambeau over the last 3 seasons.

When Ron Wolf and Mike Holmgren took over the 4-12 Packers in 1992, every season we saw improvement until the Packers won the "Super Bowl" in 5 seasons in 1996. Under Holmgren the Packers won 25 straight games @ Lambeau and 30 of 31. The Holmgren coached Packers were also 5-0 @ Lambeau in the playoffs.

Under Mike Sherman, that is all only a distant memory. The excuse makers have reminded us that the Sherman coached Packers have won the NFC North Division 3 consecutive seasons. The Packers accomplished that feat against teams with a combined record of 53-91 over those 3 seasons.

The Sherman coached Packers accomplished a 14-4 record against teams with a 53-91 record and 18-12 against the rest of the NFL. 9-10 against teams with a winning record. 1-3 in the playoffs.

No one objected to Mike Sherman's first 2 seasons in Green Bay. In 2000 the Packers went 9-7. In 2001 the Packers went 12-4 but were exposed as the best team in a weak division, by getting spanked 45-17 in St. Louis by the Rams in a Divisional Playoff game.

The Packers scored 390 pts in 2001 while allowing 266 pts. Both stats ranked the Packers 3rd in the NFC and 5th in the NFL. As GM, Sherman only needed to tweak the Packers roster to make a "Super Bowl" run.

We all know how that turned out. Sherman has been stripped of his GM title and will be sent Pack-ing from his HCing job after the 2005 season. That will be a day of celebration.

Mike Sherman has destroyed the Packers defense and has put the Packer organization's backs to the wall in regard to the salary cap. There has been too much damage done for Ted Thompson and Jim Bates to be able to salvage the 2005 season.

Start getting your excuses ready for the 2005 season, you are going to need them.

That's about as premature of an analysis as they come.

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you sure you're a Vikings fan? You seem too cool to be one, so how's bout jumping over the border and joing all the other cool people and Steel Wheels as Packer fans!!
(Animals' stomach is turning over) :roll:
I would quit watching football altogether, no offense. I have always been a Vikings fan and always will be. Good or bad. Super Bowls or no Super Bowls. I have been a "Queen" :lol: fan since 1970. How could I change now? Even fair-weather fans would jump all over my *** as soon as they found me out.
But loyalty to my team is no laughing matter. I will defend my Beloved Vikings until the end of my time.

GBXU,
I think Steel Wheels is onto something and you are afraid to admit it. Are you a member of the Sherman family?
Steelie hit the nail on the head whether or not you want to admit it. If the Pack finish with a record good enough to make the playoffs it will be a small miracle. Not throwing out attacks here, that is really an honest statement. You really dont think that the team that is being fielded this year is a contender? The Vikings are the least of your worries this year. Not because you guys are going to win the regular season battle with the Vikes, you are going to have to worry about winning against the Lions and Bears(even without Grossman).
Are you going to like having a losing season at home again this year? When will your cup be filled with the futility?
Peace
Animal93

GBXU

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikes93animal said:
GBXU,
I think Steel Wheels is onto something and you are afraid to admit it. Are you a member of the Sherman family?

No, not quite. And as far as Steel Wheels and your opinion goes it will be hard if not impossible to ever agree with a conclusive analysis based off of a scrimmage.

vikes93animal said:
Steelie hit the nail on the head whether or not you want to admit it. If the Pack finish with a record good enough to make the playoffs it will be a small miracle. Not throwing out attacks here, that is really an honest statement. You really dont think that the team that is being fielded this year is a contender?

Yes, absolutely. When you have #4 on your team that is leading a top 5 offense you have a shot at the Super Bowl every year. The problem with this team has not necessarily been the players but the lack of a good defensive strategy. That was the first thing this organization attempted to fix this off season.

vikes93animal said:
The Vikings are the least of your worries this year. Not because you guys are going to win the regular season battle with the Vikes, you are going to have to worry about winning against the Lions and Bears(even without Grossman).

You are right about the Vickies, they are not nearly the beast they used to be with Rrrrrrandy on the Raiders. Plus, Mike Tice is a coach that few opponents fear. Good luck without Linehan too! The Lions are the only team in the division that can be a thorn in the 4 time NFC North champs side.

vikes93animal said:
Are you going to like having a losing season at home again this year? When will your cup be filled with the futility?
Peace
Animal93

Again? We haven't had a losing season at home in over 12 years... check your sources.

Members online

Latest posts