Free Agency Thread

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This position had to be solidified as almost everyone has posted at one time or another. This takes a little bit if the sting out of losing A. Jones. I am really interested in hearing the negotiation scuttlebut.
Yeah; I want to see the insider stories of what went on behind the scenes. This was a tornado of activity for such a short period of time; I've never seen anything even remotely like this in free agency before.

coulomb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings Losing cousins has indeed made my day. Thanks Falcons, somehow you didnt get any better, but the vikngs got worse.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be really curious to see if they draft another RB to replace Dillon in the 3-4 round area.
I'm pretty sure they will draft a RB(s). Dougherty of the JS had them taking 3 RBs in the draft BEFORE the Jacobs deal. So yeah, my guess is that Dillon is as good as gone now. If the market for Jones isn't there, would love to have him back to pair with Jacobs.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings Losing cousins has indeed made my day. Thanks Falcons, somehow you didnt get any better, but the vikngs got worse.
Cousins is very good, but damn, at 35 he got a HUGE deal from Atlanta. $180 mil for 4 years, $50 mil up front and $100 mil guaranteed. And yeah, I'm glad he's gone. My guess is the Vikes simply wouldn't match that offer, and they were right.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was right about Barkley to the Eagles.
Former Giants RB Saquon Barkley reached agreement with the Philadelphia Eagles on a three-year, $37.75 million contract that could be worth up to $46.75M and includes $26M fully guaranteed at signing, per sources.

Barkley now beats the franchise tag number and has a maximum average-per-year salary of $15.833M, which would be second highest for a RB in NFL History.
That's a lotta money, even for Barkley. That said, he's worth more to the Eagles than the Giants, although I'm a little surprised the Giants didn't match. Or maybe they did and he just wanted out.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what I think about this. May take until November before I get my head wrapped around this enough to make a decision. Could this be a situation where one of them gets traded later?
Maybe this years RB draft class not having the speed, factored into it?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys.. I think I need a hug right now. I can't put into words how devastated I am to lose AJ... This isn't commentary on the moves really, more that I'm just said he's gone.
I'm hearing he may still stay in GB. Makes sense - the Packers could afford him at say $6 mil/year, probably all he'd et anywhere else with his age and injury history. They could let Dillon go, still draft a RB, and be in great shape.

Well that's what I'm hoping cause Jones has been the heartbeat of this team for a while.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Jones is supposedly cut. Wow, I guess that whole speil about him being the "heartbeat of the team" was bullsh*t. I would be very surprised to see him back. Some other team is going to give him bigger money than Gute. While it's a business, getting cut won't make Jones itch to get back where he knows he's been dropped to second fiddle with the signing of Josh Jacobs

Reaction score
Xavier McKinney on a 4X$68mil!
That guy is really good.
We’re in for a total treat after putting up with Savage for 5 seasons.

I love Aaron Jones. But this one doesn’t bother me. The trade off is we get a RB who just turns 26yrs old and put up 2,000+ scrimmage in (edit:2022) behind a substandard OL.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's true and Jones is not going to be back I will be sad to see him go but if it had to happen and we had to get one of the current NFL RBs to replace him I'm glad it was Jacobs. I honestly don't think we will lose much if anything. The biggest drop off in production would seem be in the receiving department but it seems to me that Jones was not being used a whole lot in the receiving game towards the end although he did have 5 targets in the last Bears game and 6 vs the Niners in the playoffs. Maybe its just MLFs game plan not to use his RBs as receivers. It will be very difficult to replace his leadership.

Reaction score
Aaron Jones is just a good guy he’s going to be good no matter. Love his person but he is going to turn 30 years old this season. Definitely missed but I’m happy he can get paid well somewhere and I don’t blame him fir not wanting to take another cut.

I think Jacob’s is going to kill it in GB for the next 4 seasons. Especially if we draft a few good OL upgrades. No way was Runyon worth $10Mil/yr no thank you.

Let’s pair those 2 RB’s with someone like Braelon Allen or at least a good Day3 prospect