1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fire Capers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by azrsx05, Sep 9, 2012.

1. mradtke66

mradtke66 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +144 / 8 / -0
    What Perry brought to the table was good run defense, which is what Walden did a bad job of. It might have been enough.
  2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,619 / 77 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:

Translation is lost...

I never once said they need all pro..Not sure why this is tossed around..I never once said that all possible true starters and everything would be cured..

I only wanted to know what would HAVE BEEN if all starters never missed a down..

Every projected starter was there tonight? Wilson, Jones, Walden, Moses, were projected starters? I find that hard to believe
  3. mradtke66

mradtke66 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +144 / 8 / -0
    Wilson actually was, iirc. He's actually a pretty good run stuffing 3-4 end, so yeah.
  4. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    Woodson said after the game that the defense made no halftime adjustments.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213 / 6 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Well then, I almost have to blame some of the veteran players as well for not saying SOMETHING. They had to recognize what they were doing wasn't working. I know you're supposed to trust the coaches but jesus christ when my mom knows they need to do something different it must be pretty obvious.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    I'm sure he did everything he could within his role as a player. But he's not a coach. It's even harder when the other team's WRs are grabbing you by the jersey while you're trying to make a damn tackle. The downfield holding on their part was beyond anything I'd ever seen.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,619 / 77 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:

Then I want to know if the players felt the right schemes were called but they just failed to execute them
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +87 / 10 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    we were handed a country butt wuppin the 9er's cuould only be stoppedby the 9er's MM &Capers should had watched a little NE film....
  9. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    Judging by his tone, it sounded like he was saying they should have made some changes, so I think he's passively putting a lot of blame on Capers.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213 / 6 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I saw that as well. At that point the no call wasn't really that surprising.
  11. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +667 / 43 / -2
    Stubborn arrogance. That is why Kap ran for damn near 200. He will never rush for more yards in an NFL game than he did tonight.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213 / 6 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    The stubbornness of all the coaches really grinds my gears to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if nothing is done about this.
  13. melvin dangerr

Ratings:
    +87 / 10 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Was Ryan Grant hurt? the way the game was going putting him in may or may not have givin GB some light, and as for the DB's THANKS,.........THANKS for making a top notch jerk like Randy Moss still look relevant against us..2013 sounds like (1) No more hype (2) better tackling (3)sound running game(4) better protection (5) discipline (6) sound COACHING (7) well we have done 1 and done , now 2 and done I would like skip 3 and done and win a SB.......
  14. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,619 / 77 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    We wont know..Perry would have had lot of time to get better...So maybe Perry would have really came on..But couldnt have done worse than Walden
  15. melvin dangerr

Ratings:
    +87 / 10 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    if he plays this same D again, he may crack 300, and a shot at Eric Dickersons rushing record...
  16. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213 / 6 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I agree with pretty much everything except Grant. That guy gets hit and goes down like a hooker. Most of Harris' yards were after initial contact and they even stopped using him.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,302 / 35 / -83
    Packer Fan Since:
    Just a question here but given we have used a 3-4 defence here for what, four, five years ??? wont the players we have need time to adjust to a 4-3 if Capers goes ?? Something needs to change obviously but wont we have the same problems the other way ? Just asking is all.
  18. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,302 / 35 / -83
    Packer Fan Since:
    Why do we have to say our defence MADE Kaepernick look good tonight ?? The guy was every bit as good as our guy tonight, and Aaron is a pro-bowler. Credit where credit is due guys, Kaepernick served us our butts on a plate to us tonight. Game over.
  19. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213 / 6 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Not only adjust..some players would have to be replaced some how due to they wouldn't fit the 4-3 scheme. That's why if they replace Capers it should be with someone who runs the 3-4 so the defense can transition without major problems. Otherwise Rodgers' prime years would be wasted rebuilding a defense again.
  20. melvin dangerr

Ratings:
    +87 / 10 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    1st of all Welcome, just visited England and maybe you can send us another kicker,and the 4-3 gives the D-line more pressure up front,to pass rush, and run stop,it will leave one less defender for the pass D but it will force QB's like a Kapernick from free zones up the middle, and chase a QB to the outside of a comfort zone because of more pressure up front SF used that quite effectively during the season and tonight.....
  21. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,302 / 35 / -83
    Packer Fan Since:
    :tup:
  22. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,302 / 35 / -83
    Packer Fan Since:
    racking my brain here trying to think of a kicker to send....lol David Beckham might be looking for a job ?
  23. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +115 / 1 / -0
    Well, that's probably too easy of a prediction, given that no quarterback in NFL history ever ran for this many yards in a game before! That's how bad this defense was. It managed to set a NFL record in this game. Not just playoff record, an all-time record.

I can't believe there were no halftime adjustments. I can't believe it. Why are MM and Capers so stubborn?

By the way, this is the 3rd time in 4 years the defense has been utterly lit up in a playoff game. There's a pattern here.
  24. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +400 / 7 / -0
    Just to sum up why I think Dom Capers should be fired:

2 years straight and 3 of the last 4 years this defense has been utterly embarrassed in a playoff game which has robbed the Packers of any realistic chance of winning. There is one and only one year that this defense has put together a run under Capers. That 'defensive capital' has been used up. There is none left.

If MM stubbornly remains committed to Capers I will question his qualifications as a HC as well.
  25. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +762 / 16 / -3
    Packer Fan Since:
    "We didn't make any adjustments," said Woodson, who later added: "I just think when the game is going the way it is, you've got to try something different. It's hard to just continue to do the same thing over and over again, and continue to get burned."

Woodson said the Packers are playing "the right defense" but consistently qualified his comments by noting a lack of adjustments. At halftime, Woodson said, the Packers talked only about "trying to execute the defense we were running."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth

What an utter shock that the 2nd half turned out just like the 1st defensively.
    • Informative Informative x 2