Finally get to see Dallas freeze in Greenbay -- Official division game thread

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that Beasley is scrappy and quick. Perhaps a nice hard tackle on the frozen tundra in the first quarter will slow him down. :)
Put Hayward on him. He shut Reggie Bush down. And you could tell Reggie wanted a big game. Hayward is playing those quick guys well right now.

Witten will be the go to guy in this tough game. GB will be swarming on D. So those dump offs will be happening all night. I bet we step in front of a couple of them...

Murray should get his fair share. I like our chances.

dez... Dude can rip. But we have a great young secondary that can double him all night. Shut him down.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That one article is correct about Adams. He needs to step up and make more plays in these playoffs. We need someone else besides Cobb and Jordy at the WR position to give us several big plays going forward in these next few games.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That one article is correct about Adams. He needs to step up and make more plays in these playoffs. We need someone else besides Cobb and Jordy at the WR position to give us several big plays going forward in these next few games.

Early on in the season that was my biggest concern about this offense, you take away Jordy and suddenly we have problems if no one besides Cobb is getting some action. Next year I expect one the of the WRs to break through though.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only read the first page of comments, but it appears most of the fans have a lot of respect for Jordy and rightfully so.

No doubt the Cowboys do as well.
Yeah, most of the posters have a clue, a few don't. The opening posters post was ridiculous.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The fourth post: "Big, strong, fast, quick.", and 8 posters liked the post. The only thing he missed was Jordy's ballet-like body control ability which enables him to catch the ball at the sideline and keep his feet in bounds.

Johneric8

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the packers have to do is stop the run and force Dallas into long passing situations. If they can do that they will win. If Dallas can run the ball effectively however I suspect the team with the fewest turnovers will win.

Saying that by stopping the run the Cowboys can't win with threats like Dez and Witten is crazy dude... I agree that it's hard to win, but the Cowboys have one of the best offenses in the league and on any given day witten, beasley, dez, ETC and especially with the oline and Romo can still score lots of points... Even if the pack did shut down the run it would be because of the fact they're crowding the line with bodies because there is no way they can slow down the cowboys with 3 or 4 man fronts... Lets look at the facts- The Cows are the best in the league at running the ball.. The weather and field is going to favor this style of play that is just fact... I'm sorry but Green Bay has been better but still this matchup way favors the cows... Aaron rogers is the key if you ask me.. If he plays like he typically does in Green Bay, I can't see anyone beating the pack, but the fact of the matter is, there is lots of questions marks in this one and the matchup is beyond intriguing.. Also, the fact that Rogers is not practicing is not a great sign.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if the pack did shut down the run it would be because of the fact they're crowding the line with bodies because there is no way they can slow down the cowboys with 3 or 4 man fronts...
While the game is still meaningful (until the Pack has a 17 pt. cushion in the 4th qtr) Capers will NOT have any less than 5 in the box, and probably 6 or 7. Stopping the run IS that important, and Capers knows it won't be done with 3 or 4 up front. Love your optimism, but you're not winning over any of us J8 ~ GB has more offensive weapons and a better D.

Packers 38 - Cowboys 27 (only because of a late garbage-time Dallas TD)

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions did a nice job on him today, we need to do the same. I don't want to see a repeat of what happened with Julio Jones, and IMO, Bryant poses the biggest threat since Jones. Even more than Johnson. What does Capers need to do to slow him down?

Stop the run game and force Blomo to beat you by throwing the ball...we all know if he's forced to throw, that's when he makes mistakes...

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Stop the run game and force Blomo to beat you by throwing the ball...we all know if he's forced to throw, that's when he makes mistakes...
He actually didn't look too bad against Detroit. You do know he is from Burlington, WI., right?

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Romo hate is weird because it's just not true. Rodgers is better than Romo (enough posters get insecure about praising other players that it becomes necessary to mention this up front). That said, Romo has more comeback wins since he entered the league than any other QB.

Outside of 2012, he has thrown 10 or fewer interceptions in every season since 2009 (though in 2010 he did manage 7 picks in 6 games). Just because Dallas finds ways to lose doesn't mean it's Romo's fault.

The vast majority of those comeback wins were against teams with losing records...in other words, they shouldn't have been in a position of having to come back against those teams...and yes, Romo always seems to find a way to fumble or throw a pick at crucial times of games...

H

HardRightEdge

The fourth post: "Big, strong, fast, quick.", and 8 posters liked the post. The only thing he missed was Jordy's ballet-like body control ability which enables him to catch the ball at the sideline and keep his feet in bounds.
There's more.

He runs good routes and has the complete route tree at his disposal. He's consistently on the same page as Rodgers, no small feat. Though he hasn't worked as much out of the slot this year as in past seasons, he made his bones at that position. He can run out of the x, y or z positions, short or long, with effectiveness.

He never stops working and finds the open spot when Rodgers is extending plays.

He's a long strider with top-of-the-league long speed which is chronically underrated. CBs biting on the first move won't stay with him when he turns it up the field.

He makes hay one-on-one in space. How many of his long plays involve cutting across the middle of the field spinning a DB out of the play with the long speed kicking in? At the same time, he uses his size to get off the first tackler in close quarters.

Despite the dropped pass against Buffalo and fairly high drop rates reported earlier in his career in the 5-10% range, his drops have declined to an outstanding 2 - 3% the past two seasons according to some sources. While drop stats are unofficial and those rates are all over the map among the various sources given that as few as 2 or 3 varying "interpretations" over the course of a season can have a significant impact, I think the eye test says Nelson is a good hands receiver at this point.

While one could likely find a few receivers better than Nelson in each area of the game, you'd be hard to find one with more complete tool box.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
While one could likely find a few receivers better than Nelson in each area of the game, you'd be hard to find one with more complete tool box.
Agree 100%. He is worth every penny they pay him. He needs to retire a Packer with a bunch of rings on his fingers.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
some predictions from the opposing side

http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/45442-cowboys-34-packers-17/

I enjoyed the comment on how the only person on our team that would be an upgrade on the boys roster is Rodgers, and that isnt by much haha what a joke.

Somebody's smoking some good weed if they think the very mediocre (at best) Dallas D is gonna hold the Packers offense to just 17 points at Lambeau...DETs defense is infinitely better than that of Dallas, and the Pack still dropped 30 on them...

Last edited:

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's unreal how delusional that board is. They are welcome to think they'll blow us out if it helps them sleep better until Sunday. They're going to be in for a harsh reality check after that.

I listen to Mad Dog Sports radio on XM radio, specifically Christopher Russo, and you should hear all of the Dallas fans calling in who think the Cowboys can beat anybody...they will sit there and argue with Russo because he is more grounded and realizes that Dallas is not at the same level as the elite teams (I consider teams like GB, SEA, NE, and DEN elite teams, and I agree, Dallas is not at that level, but their fans think they're the greatest team on the planet...talk about being blinded by team loyalty...

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He actually didn't look too bad against Detroit. You do know he is from Burlington, WI., right?

He looked like crap for the first 3 1/2 qtrs...he didn't start playing well until DETs D was getting tired, however, he's not going to have the same luxury of facing a team with no offense this week...and what does where he's from have to do with anything?

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
He looked like crap for the first 3 1/2 qtrs...he didn't start playing well until DETs D was getting tired, however, he's not going to have the same luxury of facing a team with no offense this week...and what does where he's from have to do with anything?
Well, I'll qualify that assessment.

He didn't choke like he almost always does. He was clutch in the playoffs which is not something he's ever done.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas is good enough to beat any team left. I don't think they are better, but there are more than capable of beating any of them. If GB plays it's game, they'll win. Don't give Dallas a window to make things difficult.