Final 7 games

D

DWAGE

This is my first post so go easy on me.

For the first half of this season I thought the Packers were soft in a lot of areas and were winning games on shear determination. They even outplayed the Bears and just came up short on that one.

Now I think they have started to mature as a team.

They should win 5 or 6 of their final 7 games. Here's why I think so.

DEPTH.

Odds are there are going to be some injuries in the upcoming weeks.

1. God forbid BF goes down. I think AR is ready.

2. They have the "big five" plus 5 more really good young and maturing WRs.

3. The depth in the DL.

The only thing that can stop the Packers maturing as a team, is if the rushing game doesn't continue to improve.

DWAGE

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome Dwage.

Solid opening post.

I like the depth the team has obtained as well. Our second level guys can play.

When your not winning depth is not the focus because generally not winning means you've got problems with the first level players let alone who it is backing them up.

When the team get's the the point it is playoff competitive depth because huge because those better teams are going to attack your weakness and the team will only go as far as it's weakest point allows it to go.

Watching last year this was evident watching the Saints. They never did fix their CB problems and it turned around and bit them hard at playoff time. Very similar results to what the Bears experienced the year before going one and out.

Come playoff time it becomes mandatory that your backups are good enough to continue the quality of play at the level the starters performed at to get them to the playoffs in the first place.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theres no reason why we shouldnt at LEAST go 5-2....

I say if we win on Sunday against the Panthers we go 5-1 the remainder of the way

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They do not lose this week, or against the Lions. I even think they will beat the Cowboys.

However, there is very good chance the Packers may lose at least a couple of the final games due to the fact they will be resting starters for the playoffs.

These would be loses that would have normally been wins. It is a fine line to walk, momentum vs. health. I trust M.M. and however he will chose to walk that thin line.

GREAT FIRST POST..... And welcome Dwage.

R.P.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that the race for first place in the NFC and homefield advantage will be a battle that isnt won until week 16 or 17, in that case there will be no resting of starters, you can guarantee that, the ONLY time starters are rested is if FIRST place is locked and there is NOTHING to play for. This race in the NFC is going to be something else and im looking forward to seeing it play out

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think starters will be rested because like others have said dallas is going to be tough that is the only game i see us having a hard time with i know the rams walked all over the saints but i dont think we will let them do that so i just see dallas as our biggest woe

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we win our next 3 games we WILL get homefield advantage.

But we have to start by beating the Panthers on Sunday.

One game at a time.

Just a note. In our last 13 games we are 12 and 1.

Now thats' Superbowl contender form.

Members online