Favre loses edge - What Favre should have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with all do respect espnpack, the name of the thread is "Favre loses edge-what favre should have done."

You would know better than I would how good of a leader reggie was. That being said, apparently brett wasn't the first selfish player to leave the pack hanging.

espnpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
with all do respect espnpack, the name of the thread is "Favre loses edge-what favre should have done."

You would know better than I would how good of a leader reggie was. That being said, apparently brett wasn't the first selfish player to leave the pack hanging.

1 - I was just responding to direct inquiry from yourself

2 - Yes, I jumped your *** out of the gate simply because you are a **** Fan...What's wrong with that? :D

3 - Reggie was huge...That's why 92 is on the Wall at Lambeau. And Brett will be next...no tarnish at all...

note: and this is to Pack Fans as well...lose the short memories, Retiring from the NFL is a big big deal...Do you all forget how long Reggie wrestled with it??? My buddy took a huge sign to Lambeau for the last home game in 1998 against Tennesee in the snow...I remember seeing the sign on TV..."Reggie, This is God...Keep Playing"

Chill Pill Pack Fans!

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPNPACK, I guess what this all boils down to is that I think Brett is being unfair to the packers, no matter what team I root for. You disagree with my point of view. I respect your opinion, but neither one of us will be swayed. good times. :beer:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Brett is under contract. Period.

Let the rest of the 53 man roster (or whatever is left) stir crap up with the media about retiring. Gives fans something to talk about. Instead of bashing Brett, some should thank him for giving them something to freaking do in their sad lives.

Brett shot himself in the foot when a reporter asked him about retirement. He asked honestly like MOST NFL athletes (heard this on many radio shows that a large majority of nfl players are thankful the season is over after the final gun an it takes a few months to get geared into kickass football mode) that he was getting worn out and thought about retirement.

We love brett because he is honest and gives comments that are on his mind.

Now people are smacking wet celery to his nuts for that very same reason.

Brett questioned whether he wanted the ball in the last two minutes. GOOD. Question that **** NOW, not during the season. Get your mind straight NOW before the season starts and if you can't get your **** straight, throw the cleats at the dog an hop on the tractor.

You can't have it both ways.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Big 3 you are getting destroyed. Reggie was JUST as important to GB as Brett was. Because Brett has been here longer does not make him MORE important. You say how many points did Reggie score....I ask how many points did he KEEP opposing teams from scoring. Your argument is stupid, but then again you have more posts thamn me so that AUTOMATICALLY makes you right.

Go find your Bengals Jersey, like someone else said, LoL!

Brett now is being a bad teammate because he wants more talent around him?

Are you friggin serious! I call it being a leader!

Is there something wrong with desire, passion, and the pursuit of excellence? I remember some of the greatest QB's of all time getting in the face of WR's for dropping balls or running wrong routes. Brett is tired of being a babysitter to ******* like Robert Ferguson and Cry Babies like Javon Walker.

It's how you build a winner. Maybe Brett should call Matt Millen so you never have to see your own fans wearing the opposing teams jersey ever again. That is single-handedly the most disgusting thing I ever saw!

espnpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
...We love brett because he is honest and gives comments that are on his mind.

Now people are smacking wet celery to his nuts for that very same reason...

You can't have it both ways.

Well said ztc...However...

"...smacking wet celery to his nuts..." If they are really doing that, I think he should retire... :shock:

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:

Big 3,

I advise you read over the following link before sticking your foot even further into your mouth.

Reggie White

They didn't call him the 'Minister of Defense' for nothing.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Yeah, Lions fans know little about Greatness. Hell, look at Barry Sanders. He did not have to think about retirement. He was like "THIS FRANCHISE ABSOLUTELY SUCKS, I THINK I WILL RETIRE"

Bear and Lion fans never miss a chance to bash Brett. I guess when you watch QB's like Grossman,McNown,Chandler,Miller,Harrington,Garcia,Batch,etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc,Lol, you get frustrated.

Yes sir! There are a lot of fans around the league that are really going to enjoy the Packers sucking for the next few years. Not just Bears, Lions and Vikings fans.
This is what happens when you take any success at all like a bunch of obnoxious, self-righteous a**holes.
This is what happens when you win one title in over 38 years and act like you had a dynasty or something.
This is what happens when you have a hall of fame QB and then try to turn him into the 2nd coming of Christ.
There are plenty of fans around the league who think that your whole act is more than worn out it’s welcome.
By the way, if the Bears left town tomorrow, I would still have a million and one things to do for fun right here. What will you do when the Packers suck just like the 70s and 80s?
Watch paint dry?
:p

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
pyledriver80 said:
Yeah, Lions fans know little about Greatness. Hell, look at Barry Sanders. He did not have to think about retirement. He was like "THIS FRANCHISE ABSOLUTELY SUCKS, I THINK I WILL RETIRE"

Bear and Lion fans never miss a chance to bash Brett. I guess when you watch QB's like Grossman,McNown,Chandler,Miller,Harrington,Garcia,Batch,etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc,Lol, you get frustrated.

Yes sir! There are a lot of fans around the league that are really going to enjoy the Packers sucking for the next few years. Not just Bears, Lions and Vikings fans.
This is what happens when you take any success at all like a bunch of obnoxious, self-righteous a**holes.
This is what happens when you win one title in over 38 years and act like you had a dynasty or something.
This is what happens when you have a hall of fame QB and then try to turn him into the 2nd coming of Christ.
There are plenty of fans around the league who think that your whole act is more than worn out it’s welcome.
By the way, if the Bears left town tomorrow, I would still have a million and one things to do for fun right here. What will you do when the Packers suck just like the 70s and 80s?
Watch paint dry?

Gee, I never thought we were that important until I noticed a bear fan thought enough about the Green Bay Packers to post here, how many times is that now Phil ?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, That says it all. I don't know what I will do when the Packers suck but I know what I won't do......Go post garbage on another teams website.

I know you may struggle to have a QB who's name you can even remember but when you get one you to may speak of him with pride.

Secondly, If the Bears left town it would be December before anyone even noticed. I think they left town in the mid to late eighties. Of course that was 50 QB's ago.

Lastly, I am sure that the "Rest of the League" is proud to have you as an "Official Spokesperson." Continued sucess in your Self-Appointed position.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Watch paint dry?

I see... Still bitter that your small town rival has not only won more Lombardi trophies and World Championships than your precious Bears, but actually have the trophy named after the most recognizable coach in professional sports: Green Bay's very own Vince Lombardi.

Just thinking about you reading that makes me smile.

Have a good day!

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmmm obnoxious players and fans in GB?? Who was it that made a video of a Super Bowl before they even made it to the Super Bowl?

What SNL skit is based on a football teams fans?

Forgive me if I am wrong but isn't it okay to be proud and boast about your team when they were division champs and played in the NFC championship game how many years in a row?

Every team has fans that are bad, but the majority of Packer fans are just plain proud of the team...

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The whole focus us about the T-E-A-M.. not one player. which the naysayers are very quick to forget. Lombardi had his assinine-side as well - he wasn't perfect by a long shot.

Glorifying one guy when it always takes a team to get it done is stupid.
Welcome back Pack66.... "there's always room for one more...."

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Hmmmm obnoxious players and fans in GB?? Who was it that made a video of a Super Bowl before they even made it to the Super Bowl?

What SNL skit is based on a football teams fans?

Forgive me if I am wrong but isn't it okay to be proud and boast about your team when they were division champs and played in the NFC championship game how many years in a row?

Every team has fans that are bad, but the majority of Packer fans are just plain proud of the team...

I like the "Super Fans" stuff and I have met Bears fans that are very much like those characters. Ever see the MAD TV skit with the Packer chick character? It was pretty damn funny!

I have said many times on this forum that most of the Packer fans are very knowledgeable, loyal fans. The ones that are there through the good times and the bad and did not come out of the woodwork in 1995. They have a long and great history and have plenty to be proud of.
I see too many that are bandwagon fans or the others who are blind to the truth and follow the team with their heads in the sand and refuse to look at the Packers from a realistic point of view.
When the Bears suck, Bears fans know it and say it. They do not pretend that it is 1985 and are not afraid to criticize the team when it needs to be done. That is why **** Jauron and Dave Wannstedt were dumped. Fan pressure made that happen. Chad Hutchinson and Cade McNown were booed out of town.
Mike McCaskey is a joke and we not only know it, we say it!
When they voice their opinions they do not have their loyalty, intelligence or even their manhood questioned by fellow Bear fans. Can you say the same for the fans here?
Look at the comments that you guys throw out at each other right here on this site for simply disagreeing about a football team on a daily basis. Really read the stuff that you direct at other Packer fans and look at the venom and petty crap that gets posted about each other.
You guys attack each other a hell of a lot more then Bear, Lion and Viking fans do all combined. It is weird!
It makes it very easy to laugh at, make fun of and to dislike the whole thing.
That is why you see "I hate the Packers" type-sites and for no other reason. You cannot take yourselves so damn seriously and not expect to be mocked and ridiculed.

As to why would a Bears fan post 1300 comments on a Packer related site? Because it is like a freak show. You stop and look and maybe even laugh. In the end you walk away relieved that you are not like that yourself.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, I love how Phil tries to justify him coming here. I am sure you come here "just to laugh" then spends half his post trying to be serious as hell and spewing his frustration throughout the whole post. Hey Phil, laughing and spending 10 minutes defending your team are two unrelated things. Why not just look and laugh?

You are a phony, unable to be honest with yourself and your Envy for us shines through all of your bogus words.

You know how many times I visited a Bears forum.........00000000,000000,000000,00000000 Times!

Now you can either look at this and laugh or waste another 10 minutes of your time fighting a battle you can't win.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
The whole focus us about the T-E-A-M.. not one player. which the naysayers are very quick to forget. Lombardi had his assinine-side as well - he wasn't perfect by a long shot.

Glorifying one guy when it always takes a team to get it done is stupid.
Welcome back Pack66.... "there's always room for one more...."

Hmm..

Now you're criticizing Lombardi..???

Gee IPB..I guess there's been nobody worthy of praise in the GBP organization since Curly Lambeau...eh?

I don't get you...you don't make sense...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, he's criticizing lombardi, because NOBODY can escape criticism. NOBODY is perfect, one day you'll realize that.

But I hope you realize it here on packerforum.com. I cherish all of your posts!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know that nobody's perfect son....

But Lombardi was as close as you're ever gonna get...for a football coach....

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if you know nobodys perfect, why are you arguing with prez about his criticism on him, which was light?

I know, it's because you're such a great poster! You leave no stone unturned! That's why you're so loved on packerforum.com!

espnpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've very much enjoyed pounding Bears and **** Fans...Yes, it has been a very fruitful run for the past 14 years...

Let's face it, Packer Fandom became huge during that period...

And Bears and ***** went into hibernation...

Now they are peeking their little cranial structures out to test the waters...Is it ok to come out of hibernation...???... Boy, they sure are hoping so...

What I don't understand is the level of insecurity among Packer Fans...
Why are people upset with Brett Favre?
Why are people upset with Mike Sherman?
Why are people upset with Ted Thompson?
Why are people upset with Bob Harlan?

These are all good people, who have devoted and/or are devoting themselves to continue what is arguably the Greatest Franchise in All of Professional Sports.

I understand why the "lower class" fans of the rest of the Division say the things they do, but some of the stuff that gets posted by "Packer Fans" is truly embarassing.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
espnpack said:
I've very much enjoyed pounding Bears and **** Fans...Yes, it has been a very fruitful run for the past 14 years...

Let's face it, Packer Fandom became huge during that period...

And Bears and ***** went into hibernation...

Now they are peeking their little cranial structures out to test the waters...Is it ok to come out of hibernation...???... Boy, they sure are hoping so...

What I don't understand is the level of insecurity among Packer Fans...
Why are people upset with Brett Favre?
Why are people upset with Mike Sherman?
Why are people upset with Ted Thompson?
Why are people upset with Bob Harlan?

These are all good people, who have devoted and/or are devoting themselves to continue what is arguably the Greatest Franchise in All of Professional Sports.

I understand why the "lower class" fans of the rest of the Division say the things they do, but some of the stuff that gets posted by "Packer Fans" is truly embarassing.

Excellent post. You answered your own question. Insecurity!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I know that nobody's perfect son....

But Lombardi was as close as you're ever gonna get...for a football coach....

Don Shula went a season without a defeat. Perfect.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah...

How many Championships did he win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts