favre 70-30 on returning

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I still say..get someone like Moulds from Buffalo....

Then you'd have Walker, Moulds, Driver, Gardner, Chatman..

You think moulds is better than driver? I didnt think much of driver until this year, when he was the only good WR we had. Moulds numbers have been decreasing in yards, and touchdowns. 33 years old. I dunno. I just think driver is better, but thats me.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PPierce said:
TT won't go after big name free agents. Not going to happen.

i love you pierce, but this is one of the kind of posts that annoy me. as outspoken as I am, i try to add "in my opinion" or something like that at the end of my (ridiculous to some) posts.

You dont know what he'll do...and that statement is asenine...asinine? ***-in-9. that statement is silly.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ok..

Walker, Driver, Moulds...(but I think Moulds is a little better..)

(but we still don't know how Walker is going to come back...)

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Oline is only as good as the play calling as well as the RB hitting the holes. Love Gado, but do you think he is a number 1 back like we are used to having. Green, Dorsey, Edgar....I don't I think he a second tier guy who fumbles a lot, not that Green doesn't fumble because he does. But I think green is a better overall back.

So get a stud receiver....not another 2 or 3 guy a quality guy that can get seperation!!!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about T.O., Walker, Driver,Gardner, Murphy, Chatman. Pack66 is right though, we need another #1 or #2 to go with Driver and Walker.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TO nailed it on the head. Our new OC has had the top 5 running Offenses in the last three years, granted Mike Vick had a little to do with that. He will get this OL in shape, get the run game going again and take the weight off the QB, whoever it is. Had we had any run game this year, the defenses we faced would have had to respect that and thus WR's would be able to get open. Mostly our O saw 7 in the box and a cover 2, begging us to throw since they didn't repect the run. We get the run game going, our WR's will catch some passes.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one thing i really liked about Atlanta was their run game (dunn wasnt very good..but came on late...our OC's doing? maybe a little) and most importantly..

THE DISCIPLINE OF THE OFFENSIVE LINE

You would think with all the scrambling and aborted plays Vick does...theyd get more holds or penalties....but they are very disciplined and make barely any penalties. I was always amazed with that. Hopefully some of that starts here in GB. Good run game, disciplined line....yeah.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
....and Favre would probably be willing to make salary adjustments if the Pack would go into FA and get a guard or two to fix that mess.

I agree with your thinking. Brett has adjusted his salary several times to open up the cap and the big thing with him is he wants to win. An unselfish attitude in these times.

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre has done it all, all he cares about at this point is another Super Bowl. I'm sure he's willing to take a pay cut for more talent. Also he's already a millionare, how much money is he gonna need fishing and drinking after he's done playing.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were 31st in running the football in '05.
We went from 62 QB pressures to 106 last year.
In one year we went from one of the top rushing offenses to one of the worst with the only personnel changes being at guard.

In the first 6 games before we were totally decimated by injury we were 1-5 and averaged 62 yds per game running the football.

In the 6th game against the Vikes we got 45yds rushing against a team that was absolutely horrible to that point allowing 161.4 yds rushing.

One of our bread and butter plays, the toss left, that has gotten AG a zillion yards in the past, probably lost yards in'05.

How many times did we see a running back take a hand off and get hit in the backfield?

How many times did you see our guards turn in or turn out to help inside or outside only to see a LB, DB, or, stunting lineman come straight in behind them and straight at BF?

Yes, when you put your tightend, fullback, and tailback in, it is a running formation, but 31 other teams have the same formation in which they run out of. It's just that 30 of them EXECUTED better than we did.

Anyone in here that thinks our guards ar "o.k" must also be "o.k." with a 4-12 record cause that's about what you can expect if we don't replace both of them next season, OR, there going to have play WAY better than what they showed this last year.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I like that DePack...

We sign TO and Gardner..and it Favre comes back...

I like our chances if we solidify the O-Line....

(You've got to know how to deal with TO..people take him too seriously...but you explain to him what the deal is...what you'll put up with and what you won't....)

Really..the one thing about TO is that he wants to win a championship...
You just tell him flat out that you're not going to put up with his bullsh#t...and I think he will tow the line...You've got to be in his face and very literal with him...This is the way it is...since he wants back in football..he will listen....

The guy scores 20 TD's a year...for cripes sake...

Sign him now!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Rison and Glenn managed to be okay in GB, I think Owens would be okay as well. He has to be understanding his age and attitude are going to be considered heavily in his future signing.

Only way to sign Owens is a hugely incentive contract that encourgages him to shut his mouth financially and dominate on the field.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I like that DePack...

We sign TO and Gardner..and it Favre comes back...

I like our chances if we solidify the O-Line....

(You've got to know how to deal with TO..people take him too seriously...but you explain to him what the deal is...what you'll put up with and what you won't....)

Really..the one thing about TO is that he wants to win a championship...
You just tell him flat out that you're not going to put up with his bullsh#t...and I think he will tow the line...You've got to be in his face and very literal with him...This is the way it is...since he wants back in football..he will listen....

The guy scores 20 TD's a year...for cripes sake...

Sign him now!

Favre66 has figured out how to deal with T.O. none of the teams hes played for could figure it out, but favre66 did. congrats. get on the horn while people are still hiring OCs, 66

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe Philly or Frisco never really GOT in his face and sat him down??

They may have paid him the normal lip service that the public hears about, but do we really know if they took him to the wood shed?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Point here, OL is the bigger worry. TT tells Brett we're gonna find two G's this year even if we have to dip the pocket book. I'm thinking Brett says 'here, park my tractor i have 19 games to play'

Point, set, game & match ... it's all over but the fat lady singing, after this comment....

Everyone keeps saying how Favre's got no one to throw to... but Favre's passing game has been predicated on a damn good running game - and without an OL to break open those holes, nuthin' works... When the Defense thinks we're gonna run - Favre fakes 'em out - and throws to (used to be ) TE's all day long and slices up the other team, for the barbecue.. We've been watchin' it fer ten years now...

Favre's comin' back.. he'd be real stoopid not to!

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope that the Packers stay far away from T.O. he will drive you nuts. I live in pennsylvania and I heard all the stories about him. H e just cares about himself,you guys would be going crazy on him! He might be good for one season,but then he will be himself again.I'm tellin' you he's :crazy:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eastcoastpacker said:
I hope that the Packers stay far away from T.O. he will drive you nuts. I live in pennsylvania and I heard all the stories about him. H e just cares about himself,you guys would be going crazy on him! He might be good for one season,but then he will be himself again.I'm tellin' you he's :crazy:

Good point EC - but if Favre is only coming back for "one more year" and there is that possibility... then having a T.O. type WR would be ... WOW.... measured up on the other side, from Javon Walker? Ya think the Packers Front Office is flippin' a coin on that score? One wonders........

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't heard a single report lately that says the Packers are even remotely interested in bringing TO to Green Bay...I damn near salivate at the thought of Favre being able to throw to TO, Walker, and Driver during 3-receiver sets. It could arguably be the best trio in NFL history - barring Driver doesn't slip back and Walker comes back 100% healthy IMO.

Any talk about TO and the Packers though? I'm hearing Miami, Denver, Tampa Bay, and Dallas so far.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eastcoastpacker said:

TO needs one thing. A strong QB that is a true leader. Favre would put TO in his place before the first practice. McNabb is not a true leader. Reid has done his damndest to create the perception that McNabb is a leader but he doesn't command the respect the Favre does. I would give him a shot for a year or two with a number of incentives....including behavioral ones.

If Favre retires I would not want TO anywhere around Green Bay.

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want TO anywhere near Green Bay even if Favre is there. TO is, and I know this is cliche, a virus. I live in a predominantly Eagles fans area so I know all about what he does. He not only ruins his team,he ruins in for the fans who thought he was a hero for playing in the Superbowl and they want to kill him 6 months later. To be fair though Eagles fans will turn on you for dropping a ball, Pack fans are decent human beings.

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[/quote]you could live under a rock and know TO is a **** :wink:[/quote]

Yeah I meant more to what he does to the fanbase. He makes them believe that they've picked up the next Jerry Rice and then TO steps on the fans by stomping on his own team.

Members online

Latest posts