Vikings Ex-Viking Leber on Favre: He wasn’t really committed to us

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Brett Favre’s declaration that money was the primary reason he decided to return to the Vikings in 2010 isn’t sitting well with all of his old teammates. Former Vikings linebacker Ben Leber said on KFAN that it’s hard to have a team leader who’s committed more to putting another $20 million or so in his…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
opps

Former Vikings linebacker Ben Leber said on KFAN that it’s hard to have a team leader who’s committed more to putting another $20 million or so in his bank account than he is in winning another Super Bowl ring, and that made it hard to have Favre as the starting quarterback.

“He clearly wasn’t mentally and emotionally into it, and that’s the thing that kind of bugged me,” Leber said. “I get it, you’ve got to make the money when you can make it, even though he has made hundreds of millions of dollars. When he says it’s about the money, it just means that he wasn’t committed to us. So that irritated me a little bit, not for him taking the money, but for what it really meant.”

Leber said he perceived Favre’s general attitude in 2010 as, “You know, I’ll kind of stagger back in here, and I’ll give you guys what I’ve got, but I just know wholeheartedly I don’t have it in me, and the money’s too good to pass up.”

And Leber said he didn’t like having a teammate who felt that way.

“If that’s the case, move on,” Leber said. “I’d rather go with somebody that’s maybe less talented, that’s 100 percent committed to us winning. It bugged me a little bit. I’m not going to say I lost sleep over it, but it bugged me.”

Leber isn’t alone: Favre bugged a lot of people at the end of his NFL career.

Members online

Latest posts