Donald Driver's stats

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald Driver continues to creep up the statistical charts. He is now at 1,016 yards for the season, which is 12th in the league. His 78 catches is 15th. And his 364 YAC (yards after catch) is 14th, right after his teammate Greg Jennings.

Driver's only "bad" stat is TD's. Somehow he only has two. But it's fair to say that Greg Jennings' huge TD total of 12 (4th in the league) is largely attributable to Driver, who continues to draw double teams. Jennings' TD against the Rams was the best example of that. Two DB's went after Driver on that play, leaving Jennings unguarded.

Driver has also been a great mentor for Jennings and the other young guys. It was perfect that he caught Favre's record-breaking pass, on a seven-yard slant. He may not be the best receiver Favre has ever had (that would be Sterling Sharpe), but he's my favorite.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think eventually Greg Jennings will better than Driver. He runs routes almost as smoothly as he does and he demonstrates great football speed. All the comparisons made to Marvin Harrison are legit--but Greg Jennings is a player who plays to score.

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think eventually Greg Jennings will better than Driver. He runs routes almost as smoothly as he does and he demonstrates great football speed. All the comparisons made to Marvin Harrison are legit--but Greg Jennings is a player who plays to score.

Driver overcame being a 7th round pick from Alcorn State to putting up back to back to back 1200 yard season in 04-05-06 and with a couple more big games against 2 teams that havent learned how to play the pass, he'll have his 4th straight 1200 yard season. So underrated, so valuable, so humble and such a great team player...He is everything packer and there aren't many other WR's in football that I'd rather have playing on my team...

And I agree that Gregorious might be an even better player...he's got the speed, runs great routes, and seems to have great chemistry with both Favre and Rodgers, which bodes well for whenever Favre decides to hang it up. And how about that nose for the end zone! 12 td's in 12 games....mmmm.....

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think you might be right, and it may already be happening. I wrote before the season that Jennings had a good chance to surpass Driver this year, and by some measures he has. But it's hard to tell because of the way they complement each other, sort of like Harris and Woodson complement each other at CB.

Jennings is tied with Joey Galloway for the league lead in yards per catch at 17.6, at least among players who have more than a certain number of catches. I'm not sure where they set the cutoff for that stat, but you have to go quite a ways down to find someone with a bigger average.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Driver's only "bad" stat is TD's. Somehow he only has two. But it's fair to say that Greg Jennings' huge TD total of 12 (4th in the league) is largely attributable to Driver, who continues to draw double teams.

This is it right here. Driver draws the double teams, which is great because it opens up the other receivers (including Lee).

The beauty of Driver is he doesn't care. He just wants us to win. Driver rules! For this, I'd take Driver over TO any day of the week.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagine Greg's numbers if he hadn't missed those first two games.

He would have about the same yardage as Driver given his current Yards/game.

Latest posts