• Yes, I wear the proud cheese wedge upon my head like a crown

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • No, I prefer my cheese on cheese burgers

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Don't own one and really am not a big fan of them. It perpetuates the stereotype that Packer fans are dumb rednecks. If you want to wear one, go right ahead, just not for me.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't own one and really am not a big fan of them. It perpetuates the stereotype that Packer fans are dumb rednecks. If you want to wear one, go right ahead, just not for me.

What if you are a minority (like in my case LOL) and wear a cheesehat? What would I be considered? Just wondering, cause I'm thinking of sporting mine to the next game vs. SD

OP
OP
Powarun

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I tend to think the blaze orange Packer gear and the deer heads eating cheese tend to symbolize the redneck Packer fans. But thats just stereotyping.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I tend to think the blaze orange Packer gear and the deer heads eating cheese tend to symbolize the redneck Packer fans. But thats just stereotyping.

When we were at the game in the beginning of December a couple of years ago, we looked out over a full stadium. I commented to my sons that we knew for sure we were in Green Bay. It seemed like there was more blaze orange in the stands than green and yellow. :laugh:

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is an adage here in the U.S. for guys who pull off a really sweet soccer play. We say they "Are playing like a Brazilian."

True, even Mexicans, another soccer loving culture, love Brazilian soccer. When I play soccer with my Mexican friends there is always someone with the infamous yellow jersey. Ronaldinho, a brazilain soccer legend recently played a game in Mexico and said on Brazilian TV that he felt at home by the love an warm reception he received by the Mexican people.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back to subject: I love the cheesehat. It makes us a little quirky (non conforming) but that's the type of team we support. We are a VERY unique team, and wearing a wedge of cheese on our heads adds to uniqueness. :tup:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is an adage here in the U.S. for guys who pull off a really sweet soccer play. We say they "Are playing like a Brazilian."
Sadly, It'll mark 10 years next year since our last World Cup championship, we're 5th in the FIFA ranking, and the last published top 50 players in the world ranking has only 1 brazilian player (Neymar, he's a monster though).

Brazilian football is years behind in terms of scouting, preparation, tactics, etc... It's as if Mike Brown was running the entire country. We're still able to compete with the rest of the world simply because Brazil is THE soccer country, almost every single kid grows up playing soccer, and it's a huge country. Imagine if there was only NFL in the US, it's like that. But the brazilian era in soccer is ending unless a dramatic change occurs.

We're a running team with a bad QB playing in the passing era.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Sadly, It'll mark 10 years next year since our last World Cup championship, we're 5th in the FIFA ranking, and the last published top 50 players in the world ranking has only 1 brazilian player (Neymar, he's a monster though).

Brazilian football is years behind in terms of scouting, preparation, tactics, etc... It's as if Mike Brown was running the entire country. We're still able to compete with the rest of the world simply because Brazil is THE soccer country, almost every single kid grows up playing soccer, and it's a huge country. Imagine if there was only NFL in the US, it's like that. But the brazilian era in soccer is ending unless a dramatic change occurs.

Deutscher Fussball Bund!!!!:tup:

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score

Still a lot better than being a U.S. Soccer fan. PackersRS, are you from Brazil?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deutscher Fussball Bund!!!!:tup:
You guys got a promising, young "roster". You're bound to do some damage. Your league is very interesting, you don't do like the italians and the english with all those FAs, you invest heavily (not as much as Spain tho) on your youngs, and it's showing.
Still a lot better than being a U.S. Soccer fan. PackersRS, are you from Brazil?
Yep. And you guys (soccer fans) will have it like this for a long time. I'm a big skeptic in US soccer, simply because it's already saturated with NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL. There isn't enough space for soccer. Plus, soccer is just too different. Draws are common. Multiple scores are a rarity. The game is played with the feet. The game doesn't stop, so there's not much space for pauses, and ads. And, most importantly, most of the superstars are in Europe, not in America. There isn't the same sense of pride with the US teams, they're bottom feeders compared to the European teams. The Green Bay Packers are the best franchise in the world. The LA Galaxy will never be. They do bring starts, but they're past their prime.

If this was the turn of the last century (1900), I could see soccer developing in the US, but with the way the media is now and the fans are, it's never going to happen.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
When we were at the game in the beginning of December a couple of years ago, we looked out over a full stadium. I commented to my sons that we knew for sure we were in Green Bay. It seemed like there was more blaze orange in the stands than green and yellow. :laugh:
You may also notice that there is limited applause because everyone is wearing gloves or mittens. Or, maybe because they're holding a beer.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts