Charles Woodson visit

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers need to get charles woodson there is just no other way to say it the have al harris and ahmad carrol and if they got woodson he could come in and help right away the bucs who woodson visited would use him as a safety not even a corner back

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Sounds like he's going to visit Green Bay early next week. He's visiting Tampa Bay today and tomorrow so hopefully he doesn't sign with them right away and the Packers can get in the mix.

I'd love to see a proven, veteran CB with the Packers opposite Harris. Carroll would be a decent nickel/dime back but shouldn't be starting right now.

are you sure woodson will play cb? after breaking his leg, he was a saftey in oakland.

bt_impaler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
bt_impaler said:
Carrol is too short. I don't care how fast he is, when a jump ball comes his way he doesn't have a shot. Woodson is 6'1, so that's 3 inches better than the reported 5'10 Carrol. No more midget DBs.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That's what most cornerbacks are.... DeAngelo is 5'10, Ty is 5'11, 2-Nine is 5'11, Pacman is 5'11.... CBs are usually smaller because this allows them more agility in covering receivers.

I understand that smaller corners are often more agile, but the Terrell Buckley days have been brandished into my memory for all eternity. He too is a reported 5'10. For him and Carroll, I think that reported height is very, very generous. Granted, Buckley went on to have a successful career in Miami, but he wasn't facing the NFC Central/North receiver. Now Randy Moss is gone, but Detroit has a trio of giants: Roy Williams - 6-2, Mike Williams - 6-4, Charles Rogers - 6-3. Needless to say, Carroll doesn't stand a chance. Fortunately for us, Harrington has been delivering the ball.

I didn't miss a game last year, and a I felt that a lot of calls that went against Carroll were unwarranted. He was an easy target because of his reputation from the year before. I'm hoping that the refs will be more fair this year to him.

Adding Woodson will do a great deal to help our secondary. He's a savvy veteran with good height and ability. Put Carroll in the Nickel package and we've got a solid secondary.

I'm not as harsh on Carroll as Tromadz. But his vitriol for Carroll isn't unfounded. So, for all intents and purposes, put me in his camp.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looks like his best days are behind him and for a CB that can be a killer for your team. It is too easy for even a very good CB to get burned a couple of times a game.
A guy who is lost a step and seems to be less than 100% far too often had better come really cheap.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
even if his best days are behind him, he's still one of the most talented, if not underachieving, CBs in the league. we need help at CB and woodson would do that. Very talented, Big name, build morale in the secondary. He'd be great, i hope we get him, Lord knows we have enough extra $ sitting between the sofa cushions.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BUT

"Katherine Smith and Roy Cummings, of the Tampa Tribune, report there is league scuttlebutt that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will wind up signing free agent CB Charles Woodson (Raiders). Should that happen, the Bucs could immediately place him at free safety, but head coach Jon Gruden said Woodson will likely play more than one position should he join the Buccaneers. "His playing status is something that will have to be determined not only on a weekly basis but sometimes on a play-by-play basis," Gruden said. "

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I dont understand we are not willing to take risks with a proven great kicker like Vinatieri, we hold the check book and play hardball with him, he signs with the colts, BUT we are willing to pay a lot of $$$ to Woodson coming out of a big injury to MAYBE have him playing safety...

If we do so should we bench Collins,,, no way,,, then we bench Marquand "magnet hands" Manuel who only cost us 2,000,000.00 a year...

No this $ucks we pay 2 M to a guy to warm the bench BUT we were Thightward to ADAM VINATIERI who will have gotten a lot of points for us, MR. COLD BLOOD VINATIERI, instead we signed MR. Failure Cundiff..

This is not the right way to spend the money.

If we bring Woodson to play instead of Punk Carroll we admit Carroll Pick was a bust and we get a guy getting over the hill guy to cover his place.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'll go to Tampa and play for Gruden, his lod coach in Oakland. If he visits here it is just to keep Tampa honest and to make TT LOOK like he is trying to sign a big name!

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
ESPNradio website

Here's the link to GameNight 7:00pm - 1:00am ET
I can't get ESPNEWS to work for me.

Which one have you been listening to, smlutz?

You have to type in your zip code to find the ESPN Radio Station number, for me I listen to 630 AM and get it.

Scroll down on this and where it says "Get your radio on!" enter your zip code. Then a list of stations will pop up pick the one that corresponds closest to your house.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko...deep breaths..relax. TT made a great offer to AV. He decided to kick in a dome (a kickers dream....just ask Longwell) and took very little more money than the Packers were offering. Remember, TT made an offer that would have made AV the highest paid kicker in the league. Your arguement is flawed for this reason. It was AV's choice, not TT's failure, that put AV in Indy.

What do we know about Marquand Manuel? Solid, in the box safety who is a leader and makes all the calls for the defense. You want more picks, but my guess is that he was brought in to fit a specific need in the defense. Again, without seeing him play in the scheme and role he is going to be asked to fill, we know nothing. And, he is far from overpaid, given the income levels in the NFL.

If Carroll was a mistake, at least TT is rectifying it if his chasing Woodson in to challenge Carroll. Would you rather he just let it stand pat? Plus, Hawking has had an impressive off-season.

I remember the uproar of most Packers fans when we traded a 1st rounder for some drunken redneck, 3rd string QB from Atlanta who was taken in round 2. He turned out OK. My point is, we know not as much as we would like to believe.

We will be OK Chamuko.....have some Tequila.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
He'll go to Tampa and play for Gruden, his lod coach in Oakland. If he visits here it is just to keep Tampa honest and to make TT LOOK like he is trying to sign a big name!

Hey DePack, how can you get "insider sensible" information? Or maybe you are just an intelligent guy that uses his brain? I like the second option, specially coming from you my friend !!!

I see the same thing....

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

I'm also of the opinion that he will go to Tampa Bay to play for Gruden.

The Packers would have to make an offer that would "knock his socks off" and IMHO they should not make a big offer for him.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Chamuko...deep breaths..relax. TT made a great offer to AV. He decided to kick in a dome (a kickers dream....just ask Longwell) and took very little more money than the Packers were offering. Remember, TT made an offer that would have made AV the highest paid kicker in the league. Your arguement is flawed for this reason. It was AV's choice, not TT's failure, that put AV in Indy.

What do we know about Marquand Manuel? Solid, in the box safety who is a leader and makes all the calls for the defense. You want more picks, but my guess is that he was brought in to fit a specific need in the defense. Again, without seeing him play in the scheme and role he is going to be asked to fill, we know nothing. And, he is far from overpaid, given the income levels in the NFL.

If Carroll was a mistake, at least TT is rectifying it if his chasing Woodson in to challenge Carroll. Would you rather he just let it stand pat? Plus, Hawking has had an impressive off-season.

I remember the uproar of most Packers fans when we traded a 1st rounder for some drunken redneck, 3rd string QB from Atlanta who was taken in round 2. He turned out OK. My point is, we know not as much as we would like to believe.

We will be OK Chamuko.....have some Tequila.

digs....I could probably find out this information if I wasn't such a lazy ****, but what exactly did TT offer AV? I assume it is public info since you said it was a great offer.

Before you jump my ***, I am not ripping TT. I didn't want him to spend big bucks on a kicker. I'd rather get a football player. I just want to know what was offered.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
smlutz said:
You have to type in your zip code to find the ESPN Radio Station number, for me I listen to 630 AM and get it.

Scroll down on this and where it says "Get your radio on!" enter your zip code. Then a list of stations will pop up pick the one that corresponds closest to your house.
I swear to god I spent ten minutes looking for that thing. Even did the ctrl-f thing and nothing. I finally got it.

I meant I can't stream ESPNews from my computer, but I can get the other one. Oh well...

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
route25 said:
If TT signs Woodson, it is more likely that Woodson will be the nickel, not Carroll. Harris and Carroll were an excellent pair last year. It was the opposing team's slot receivers and tight ends that usually burned the Packers last year, not the starting wide receivers.

Carrol was burned plenty of times.

The problem Carrol has is using his hands to slap at the WRer when the ball is in the air. Its ok to get beat once in awhile, but Carrol panics when he gets beat, and slaps at the Wr and then he gets flagged for it.

I like his speed, and cockiness, but remember last year when he caused a fumble, then showboated to the opposing teams bench.

he should have had his head in the game and concentrated on making a block downfeild to get his teammate into the endzone.

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll is a young kid. You all are expecting waaay too much of him. Give him some time to get comfortable in the NFL, I hope for something this year, and he is going to be a top-notch, shut-down corner, and a franchise-type guy. It is inevitable.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
heard it was more than Longwells in both yearly average and signing bonus. The Colts, if my memory serves me well, have a contract that averages $2.2 - $2.25 million with a slightly higher bonus.

Bottom line, I heard from several outlets it was for little more money than the Packers had laid out.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See Digs that is the problem we keep being laid out for LITTLE money with Vinatiery, Koren Robinson, etc... I dont know I hope you are right and this team will do well.

I have just seen the first mock draft for 2007, I know this sounds totally stupid, but they have us picking in 3rd overall..

Anyway I like Picket, I can be OK with Manuel, but for the other signings it seems that we are getting quantity but we are not getting enough quality, and I´d better have a nice steak, red wine, dry martinis (Bombay Saphire ones) dinner at Manny´s or Mancinni´s, both located in the twin shitties, than 10 happy meal dinners at Mc Donalds!!! But that is just me !!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, what can you do. Did ANYONE discuss the Colts in the days/weeks leading up to AV signing with them? Nope. My money says he had already decided to go to Indy and used the Packers and other teams to elevate his value, scheduling the Colts last so they knew what number they had to beat.

Such is life...let this thing play out.

Ever go to a high school reunion? The girls who were hotter than hellfire in HS are kinda hagged out 20 years later, but the tomboys and the ones you looked right past are stunning somehow. Moral of the story...sometimes how things look today, do not bode well for tomorrow. Same with overpriced FAs...they get us excited today, but more often leave us disappointed relative to their cost as time moves on.

The Packers have made some decent moves and will certainly make more, especially after June 1, IMHO. And we are positioned very nicely in the upcoming draft........it will be OK.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
heard it was more than Longwells in both yearly average and signing bonus. The Colts, if my memory serves me well, have a contract that averages $2.2 - $2.25 million with a slightly higher bonus.

Bottom line, I heard from several outlets it was for little more money than the Packers had laid out.

I'm glad the Colts were there. I can't stand the thought of paying a kicker that much. It gives me douchechills :-?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
Carroll is a young kid. You all are expecting waaay too much of him. Give him some time to get comfortable in the NFL, I hope for something this year, and he is going to be a top-notch, shut-down corner, and a franchise-type guy. It is inevitable.

He can get comfortable playing dime back. not covering #2 WRs, who utterly destroy him.

Im for giving people time, just not on the field, ala A-Rod.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has Anybody heard if Charles is going to play for Green Bay Or The Bucs yet? Would it be better to use him as a Corner Back or a Safety.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about Charles and where he may end up?? With the Pack or the Bucs and would he be better at corner or safety?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts