Brown traded to Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO player is the missing piece to a SB run (except Mack, but we missed on him). However Brown allows us probably 2 years to see what we really have in MVS/ESB/Moore/Tonyan. We can focus the Draft on an Edge and 2 starting caliber OGs, maybe magic happens, maybe it doesn't. But to say he wouldn't cover up some offensive woes is absurd.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I haven't seen a reliable source mentioning the Packers have shown any interest in Brown. I'm glad if it stays that way.
Well...I just seen that Dianna Russini of ESPN tweeted:
I was tough to find teams that were in on Antonio Brown, one of those teams though...the Packers. Green Bay was interested and looking to make moves per sources
FWIW.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I highly doubt Brown would behave in an acceptable manner in Green Bay, especially if his contract isn't renegotiated. Or Adams gets more targeted than him. Or Rodgers doesn't invite him over to his house. Or.....

Brown isn't the missing piece for a Packers Super Bowl run. Therefore the team is way better off concentrating on using their draft picks and cap space on multiple players actually helping them to get back being a legit contender.

Agree. Maybe if this was 4/5 years ago and the Packers felt they needed one more piece on offense to get over the top. However, with a new HC, 2nd year GM and everything else going on surrounding AR and the Packers, the last thing the Packer organization needs is this head case coming in and being a distraction and a disruption.

Let Gute fill the holes, but not with potential dynamite.

D

Deleted member 6794

NO player is the missing piece to a SB run (except Mack, but we missed on him). However Brown allows us probably 2 years to see what we really have in MVS/ESB/Moore/Tonyan. We can focus the Draft on an Edge and 2 starting caliber OGs, maybe magic happens, maybe it doesn't. But to say he wouldn't cover up some offensive woes is absurd.

Don't get me wrong, Brown is definitely a more talented player than the Packers will be able to sign in free agency or select in the draft. But it's absurd to believe that he wouldn't have a negative effect on the chemistry within the locker room after what he pulled over the last few weeks.

The Packers would be better off by signing a decent veteran slot receiver, upgrade the right side of the offensive line and add talent at edge rusher and safety in free agency while holding on to their draft picks to further improve the roster.

BTW Mack wouldn't have made the Packer Super Bowl contenders last season and the team would be in cap hell without any early draft picks at this point.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I still remember the Patriots hoisting the Lombardi Trophy with Moss on the roster. Wait a minute, never mind ;)

Well true but I would take 23 tds and almost 1500 yards and see what that gets us :)

He averaged 1,250 yards, 15 ypc, and 15 tds over three years. That would be alright

Again I am not sold on Brown but it was obvious this offense was missing a pass catcher outside of Adams and brown would definitely fit that bill. However they would still have a ton of wholes on defense

D

Deleted member 6794

Again I am not sold on Brown but it was obvious this offense was missing a pass catcher outside of Adams and brown would definitely fit that bill. However they would still have a ton of wholes on defense

I agree the Packers need to add a talented slot receiver this offseason but Brown isn't worth the cost and trouble.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well true but I would take 23 tds and almost 1500 yards and see what that gets us :)

He averaged 1,250 yards, 15 ypc, and 15 tds over three years. That would be alright

I didn't want him here. . But..

Rodgers, Adams, Brown.. That's damn scary

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I this is where I am. The cost is prohibitive and his attitude also but man brown adams Rodgers with Jones in the backfield is a lot of potential.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

It's sad because if Brown weren't such a headcase and were a team player, this would be an absolute no brainer. But then again, he wouldn't be on the market if that were the case.

I agree though. Lord have mercy opposing defensive coordinators wouldn't sleep for the entire week of preparation.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not on you, Cap.

Just pointing out that after 40 pages, we've come to same conclusion that should have been obvious in Page 1. Was just wondering what was being discussed for 40 pages. :)
It's this or Mason Crosby, I've picked my poison :)

H

HardRightEdge

GMF saying a Bills trade was in place and then they talked to AB. It was then decided it didnt make sense for either the Bills or AB.
LOL. Just a wild stab, but I'd suppose Brown told the Bills he wanted to renegotiate.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steelers could be desperate now, let's fleece em, a 4th and a 6th.
I don't think the Steelers will release Brown even if they don't receive an adequate compensation for him in return as they only lose $2.5 million in a roster bonus he's due on March 17 by holding on and forcing him to sit out next season.
I can’t give any credible source but that is exactly what one of the hosts on NFL radio said he is hearing from inside the Steelers.

The_Caribou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would trade for him, shave his tiny blonde moustache off then trade him away.

His value would skyrocket without that thing.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Latest I just read; the Packers were never in on Brown, never contacted the Steelers about him, and won't be either. According to a "credible league source with knowledge of the situation".

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either way, he is not a Randy moss, he is a Terrell Owens, and I don't want him anywhere near our locker room.

#poison
I'll take a TO on my squad any day of the week over Randy Moss. But one thing TO never did was cheat you in regards to effort! The dude played a SB with a bum leg and was still balling out. The whole TO thing gets seriously blown out of proportion. TO is passionate and wanted to win. Can he be a showsman and whatnot of course, but you guys do remember he will go to bat for people he believes in, it's only when he feels betrayed by said people is when he'll go off. The stuff in Philly and Dallas were more than just him.

A damn shame he gets such a bad rep. It wasn't all his fault you guys. Just like with AB it isn't all his fault.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'll take a TO on my squad any day of the week over Randy Moss. But one thing TO never did was cheat you in regards to effort! The dude played a SB with a bum leg and was still balling out. The whole TO thing gets seriously blown out of proportion. TO is passionate and wanted to win. Can he be a showsman and whatnot of course, but you guys do remember he will go to bat for people he believes in, it's only when he feels betrayed by said people is when he'll go off. The stuff in Philly and Dallas were more than just him.

A damn shame he gets such a bad rep. It wasn't all his fault you guys. Just like with AB it isn't all his fault.
I don't give a rats you know what who's fault it was or who's to blame more for what happened in Pittsburgh. This clown quit on his team with the playoffs on the line in WEEK 17. And now he's plastering his face all over any camera he can get in front of, and responding to fans like a petulant child on twitter.

This dude cares about absolutely nothing or no one but his DAMN self. Keep him as far away from 1265 as possible. It's past the point of consideration.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Nothing around here is 'all' anything

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this were Madden or in a vacuum, I would trade for him with our 1st and even send some quality player (jam Williams perhaps) as I stated about 35 pages ago...

But it isn't. It's a living breathing locker room, one that is ripe for fracture with a guy like this and a new coaching staff and qb already likely ready to push back at the first sign of struggles.

No.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brown won't go anywhere they won't immediately redo his contract and give him a bunch of guaranteed money. he simply won't report. the Packers can't put themselves in that position.

The_Caribou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I was Big Ben, I would be watching for Antonio Brown's trade to be announced to some awful team.

I'd wait 30 mins.

Then, once that deal is done and paperwork signed, I'd announce my retirement...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online