Brett to decide around the super Bowl?

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
packedhouse01 said:
Here is why I believe he has decided to call it quits. I saw the end of the game interview and it sure looked to me like he announced his retirement. After that emotional statement, he pulled back big time in his locker room interview when he said he didn't want to talk about and was going to talk about it. Here is what I think happened. He made a statement because he knew this was going to be it for him. But as Brett likes to do, he gathered himself and wanted to give himself some room just in case he changed his mind.

Couldnt it very well be that he realized that COULD be his last game, and it hit him out of the blue..He just sort of was like WHOAHHHHHH..This could be the last time on the field...

Or do you truly believe he knew that was his last game?

I say its the former...

Also they said last year he cried his eyes out in the Locker room and he thought he was gonna retire, he guessed again

did he really?

that kind of makes me think again about weather he will retire or not.

ytnewton

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett is going to retire someday, I just hope he does what is best for him and once he retires that is the end of football for him for ever. I hope he stays one more year but either way Im gonna scream my lungs out every sunday for the packers in 07-08.
I'm sure it was just an oversight, but you failed to mention Brett's 18 int's in addition to his 18 TD's. He needs to go if you guys want to win playoff games again.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah..right Troll...

Why don't you go over to the Bear forums and commiserate with all of the other losers who know that the Bears are one and done in the playoffs....

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All QB's have interceptions, look at last years superbowl QB, this year he has the all time high in interceptions should he retire to? Don't make sense to me...IMO I believe that if a QB can still help a team win he should play, and IMO Brett gives us the only chance at winning so I think he should come back and sure hope he decides to come back as well...

ytnewton

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Yeah..right Troll...

Why don't you go over to the Bear forums and commiserate with all of the other losers who know that the Bears are one and done in the playoffs....
Not a Bear's fan, thx though. Brett was the reason "The Pack" didn't win more games this year. It's time and you know it. If all you want are for him to get the records and you don't care if the team wins then fine, stay one more year. Oh and by the way, last years SB QB had 9 int's during their run, not 18, or 29 like Brett had last year.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Yeah..right Troll...

Not a Bear's fan, thx though. Brett was the reason "The Pack" didn't win more games this year. It's time and you know it. If all you want are for him to get the records and you don't care if the team wins then fine, stay one more year. Oh and by the way, last years SB QB had 9 int's during their run, not 18, or 29 like Brett had last year.

She meant Roethlisberger, he had 23 ints in 2006 with only 18 tds

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For information only the record for int's in a season is 42, by George Blanda.

oh..you must be a Rodgers fan then.

What are you, 13..and you think great QB's grow on trees..?

(These young Packer fans who never knew another GB QB then Brett amuse me. They've been spoiled by Brett and now they're turning on him....They have no touch with reality. I'll give you two words Sonny....Anthony Dilweg!)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Yeah..right Troll...

Yeah..or it could have been the fact that TT totally decimated the team through turnover by rebuilding the team. Started three rookies on the O-line causing only half of the playbook to be instituted..totally revamped the defense...Hired a brand new newbie HC...Had a Shottenheimer on the payroll (and not one of the good ones), and had not provided really any weapons besides Donald Driver at WR on offense...

But yeah..it was all Brett's fault.

Nice try, Sonny...

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Yeah..right Troll...

I said this year Ben Roelisburger was the top leader in interceptions..not Brett...they didnt get into the playoffs this year...the reason I gave this as an example is ALL QB's have interceptions...and some you can put on the QB but others you cannot,,,sometimes its the recievers who plainly just drop the ball or mess up on the routes...

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ytnewton said:
P@ck66 said:
Yeah..right Troll...

Yep this is what I meant, thanks LT....

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
P@ck66 said:
Yeah..right Troll...

Yeah..or it could have been the fact that TT totally decimated the team through turnover. Started three rookies on the O-line causing only half of the playbook to be instituted..totally revamped the defense...Hired a brand new newbie HC...Had a Shottenheimer on the payroll (and not one of the good ones), and had not provided really any weapons besides Donald Driver at WR on offense...

But yeah..it was all Brett's fault.

Nice try, Sonny...

Good post IMO!!!!

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so glad Favre is waiting til around the superbowl to make his "announcement"
I mean, when there's a ton of meaningful football going on that has nothing to do with the Greenbay Packers, he's got to make sure he gets his ugly mug on the TV during primetime of course. Maybe they'll make his "announcement" the halftime show.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry TO...

just had to do it...because I think sometimes people forget or maybe they are just too young to remember!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm so glad Favre is waiting til around the superbowl to make his "announcement"
I mean, when there's a ton of meaningful football going on that has nothing to do with the Greenbay Packers, he's got to make sure he gets his ugly mug on the TV during primetime of course. Maybe they'll make his "announcement" the halftime show.

One thing we know....

NO ONE will be talking or even THINKING about the Bears around that time..!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
ytnewton said:
P@ck66 said:
Yeah..right Troll...

Yep this is what I meant, thanks LT....

yw

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Sorry TO...

just had to do it...because I think sometimes people forget or maybe they are just too young to remember!

I'm not too young to remember, just hoping one day I get old enough to forget.

Weird, that TO shows up as Terrell Owns, a NON Packer NFL player, but it was meant for a username on a Packer forum.

That is ODD!

:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
For information only the record for int's in a season is 42, by George Blanda.

oh..you must be a Rodgers fan then.

What are you, 13..and you think great QB's grow on trees..?

(These young Packer fans who never knew another GB QB then Brett amuse me. They've been spoiled by Brett and now they're turning on him....They have no touch with reality. I'll give you two words Sonny....Anthony Dilweg!)

What if he is 13? Your not going to give him a hard time are you?

I think if people stop comparing Aaron Rodgers or any QB to Brett Favre they’ll have an easier transition to the new QB and new team when he does decide to retire whether that’s this year, next year, or in 3 years.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What he said..(Porky) :thumbsup:

(..and he said a little bit more than that, Porky!)

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what convinced me was the things he said in the interview like "im going to miss these guys".....

i agree with you guys that he has made up his mind that he will retire.

Me too! That was the part where I began to believe that this may be it for him, but the dreamer in me doesn't believe it.

If I had to lay good money down, I was take the Las Vegas route and bet on the historical facts and say that he is going to return.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, that's it. He is doing it as a publicity stunt since not too many people know who he is. :roll: :rotflmao:

The thought is that he would do it within the next month or so. Take the end of the season, Jan 1st. Add a month, Feb 1st. And what do you get? around Superbowl time. :wink:

One has nothing to do with the other.

(actually, the rumor is that he is going to announce then so that he has plenty of time to get Deanna some more plastic flowers for Valentine's Day) :wink:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, you better hope that any "announcements" made about a QB between now and the SB be about a Packer QB and not a Bears QB because generally whenever an "announcement" is made about a Bears QB it aint good.

Funny. It's been that way for years now.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldnt it very well be that he realized that COULD be his last game, and it hit him out of the blue..He just sort of was like WHOAHHHHHH..This could be the last time on the field...

Or do you truly believe he knew that was his last game?

I say its the former...

I agree.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts