BRETT SPEAKS on his Joke,The O line, and his #1 dillema!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I think about his latest statements , the more I think it would not have taken too much convincing from management to get him to return this season. He would not have made those O Line comments for nothing.

We will never know what happens between closed doors but my guess is Brett was just wanting to hear that his butt protected to some degree and no assurances were givin that this would be the case.

He rests the blame on nobody's shoulders for this and goes out of his way to say :

"But really, what have we done to replace the guys that we've lost on the line?"

I think he makes it fairly clear here that something could have been done without attacking anyone for it !!!

If I am right, it is a real shame to see him go out this way when it might have been prevented ( even in closed door talks regarding the up and coming draft ). It obviously wasn't taked about to the degree he would have felt comfortable with !!!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
I think he makes it fairly clear here that something could have been done without attacking anyone for it !!!

what could have been done? could TT gave birth to some quality Guards? cuz there arent any available in FA. I want favre back, and to be protected...but....none available

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

what could have been done? could TT gave birth to some quality Guards? cuz there arent any available in FA. I want favre back, and to be protected...but....none available

How about some behind the scenes assurances on how the draft would have been approached this year ? Just asking !!!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How about at least signing Larry Allen..??

Man..could you imagine if TT would have kept Wahle last year and signed Allen this year..?

(Fort Knox security for ol' #4 this year....)

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
tromadz said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

How about some behind the scenes assurances on how the draft would have been approached this year ? Just asking !!!

maybe he did, we dunno.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
How about at least signing Larry Allen..??

Man..could you imagine if TT would have kept Wahle last year and signed Allen this year..?

(Fort Knox security for ol' #4 this year....)

and they woulda been as old as fort knox

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
of course they would be..

Because TT didn't sign them...
(that guy never makes a mistake does he Tromadz..? Best damn GM in the NFL...)

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would of been great had he been able to resign Wahle but they didn't have the cap room. As been discussed before with Larry Allen round peg, square hole. I don't think anybody thinks Ted Thompson is great and nobody should think he is horrible because he hasnt had enough time to show either. He hasn't given any over the hill or mediocre players huge contracts so he hasn't committed a huge error but whether or not he is improving the team is impossible to tell thus far.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
tromadz said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

maybe he did, we dunno.

Sure doesn't sound like it by Brett's statements trom !!!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what...statement even hints that they havent talked about it?

the one where he said he talks to ted a couple times a week? cuz that helps the case they HAVE talked about it.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said they didn't talk about it, I said it seems that Brett does not feel comfortable with the outcomes of these conversations or he would not have brought up the O line issue as needing to be dealt with !!!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the O-line DOES need to be dealt with, whats your point? CB DOES need to be dealth with.

that doesnt mean they didnt talk about when and how they would fix it (draft\june cuts).

i just think your assumption is a little off. as easy as it was for them to not talk about it, its just as easy for them to HAVE talked about it.

truth...we dont know.

lets all just chillax till tomorrow at 7 30

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It's a Golf Tourney. Who the heck would want to announce anything
important at a non related function?

When Brett retires he will do it formally and respectfully. Not at a Golf Tourney.

Even my daughter realizes the Packers OL needs help. No one should be surprised the QB acknowledges it too.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Brett has spoke again and it's becoming clearer and clearer that all he is looking for is for Green Bay to have a "chance" at being a competitive
team this season. He has made that clear in his conference today. If he retires now, we will all know the reason why !!!

Members online

Latest posts