1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Brett interview tonight on fox news

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Jul 14, 2008.

1. bigbyfan

bigbyfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am watching NFL Live as I am typing this and they showed some of the excerpts. Brett says that Packers management is only telling half the truth. Yet, they don't say what the Packers are being "less than truthful" about. Should be interesting.
  2. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    LOL.. not really.. I am addicted can't walk away even though I try like a bugger.. just waiting for a decision and then getting jacked for the season. ;)
  3. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    no it won't. everyone is going to be civil and everyone is going to like it.
  4. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Okay, with that last little excerpt I am following Arrow and saying - Less chance.
  5. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Lounge. Everyone, 8:55 CST
  6. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh snap, it da police.......................run..........
  7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hmm.......the question then is...........who is telling the truth? Do you believe Brett, just because he's Brett Favre? I wonder if Favre ever told TT one thing, and the media another thing?
    This can go back and forth like a tennis match, and quite frankly, i don't know who to believe. Favre said he would NEVER play for another team. Will that turn out to be true, or a lie?
    It's got to the point where i really don't care anymore. No excuse is going to be enough for me. This SHOULD have been stopped before it even started. If wrong things were said to Favre, he should have come out with it months ago. That i would have repsected. But allowing all this crap to go on and on?
    Like i said.........i don't care anymore WHAT happens, or what excuses are made on either side. I just want the season to start, and for all this crap to be put to it's painful end.
  8. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Another famous Brett interview.

[flash width=250 height=200]http://www.youtube.com/v/m0k7836YJxs.swf[/flash]
  9. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Bring it Wyatt.. put Doc on the straight hauser just so they are less apt to try anything.
  10. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    c u there batman
  11. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This whole thing could have been handled so much better. As much as I'd love to see Brett come back and play because I truly think he is the best quarterback, I'm also disappointed that he didn't just come out and talk to us. Why in the world would you send messages through your mom, your brother and your agent. If he wanted to play, why in the hell not come out and talk to one of the Green Bay reporters.

He's been crying for so long about retiring, now he retires and now he wants to come back and play. But I'll say this, he sure as hell low balled the Packers and that I am not happy about. Why he's talking to Greta instead of a local reporter is beyond me. To me it's a cowards way of facing the media.
  12. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    theres no running from my mouse. it's a top of line wireless Logitech, rubberized ergonomic grip, hair trigger left button to maximize speed-clicking when neccesary. i can lock threads from my driveway.. ;)
  13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I hear ya Packed..........thats pretty much what i have been saying. It was handled about as poorly as it possibly could have.
    And as i also have been saying.........he brought alot of it on himself with his indecision. He could have just came back, and there would have been nothing the packers or TT could have done to stop him except trade him. That would have taken 100% of the fault off of him, and put it on TT alone. But he didn't do that. And that i do not understand.
    I hate it.
  14. djcubez

djcubez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you but at the same time, Favre was trying to make sure none of this got out by talking through texts and friends. He didn't expect it to leak out like this during the slowest time of the football off-season and make national news. At least, I hope he didn't.
  15. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Bored and stroked out too I imagine. (that's a car reference, pervs)
  16. umair

umair Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    is the interview going to be on the radio(602am)? i live in chicago i i dont think they will be showing it on fox.
  17. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  18. djcubez

djcubez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I thought we were talking about Fox News the Cable TV station, which means everyone would get it Nationwide if they had cable. However, if you're talking about the local programming "News on Fox", which I doubt, than you probably won't get it. I bet it will be all over ESPN though, no worries.
  19. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Per this quote.. Brett doesn't want to compete for the starting job.. he wants to handed back to him.. with that.. Ted call Cook tell him to shop for a trading partner and end this affair.. Brett picks the team, we seal the parameters of the deal.

I didn't think I would ever say this, but Brett it is time to end the relationship as the Green Bay QB.. thanks for everything you have done, but your not being fair in this account. Starter or nothing eh.. time to move on.

20. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If Brett didn't anticipate this to make the national media he is extremely naïve. Stories like this are never kept secret. I actually suspect he played it out to benefit himself through leaking to his friends and family.
  21. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I think it is regular fox news as in regular CNN
  22. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    What more do you want than an acceptable list of teams you would go to? Pick the competitive ones and let the Pack choose.
  23. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    = Somewhere were I can hand it to Ted's team.. I think this is a personal matter for Brett now.. either that or he was to negotiate a new deal with up front money?
  24. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    "that he only wanted the Packers to release him, and was never committed to retiring."
  25. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    "If I'm going to play it's going to be 100% commitment.... And so if you move on, you tell me one thing, don't come back and tell the public,... just say it. 'You know, we've moved on and we'll work with Brett on whatever it is.' Don't make up a lot of stuff or give half of the truth."