Brett Favre's agent calls him a Drama Queen

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
As the opening of his team's training camp approaches, Vikings quarterback Brett Favre needs to eventually make a decision about whether he'll play football in 2010. Unlike 2008 and 2009, he hasn't retired. Thus, this year, no one believes he...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Patrick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre and Vikings coach Brad Childless might have touched on plenty of subjects Monday, but a deadline for the quarterback to say whether he will play in 2010 wasn't among them. That's probably a good thing considering the status of Favre's...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Even Brett Favre's agent thinks Favre is a drama queen | ProFootballTalk.com

We present Brett Favre's agent Bus Cook, talking to Men's Journal on the summer day Favre spoke to ESPN about his ankle surgery.

"Brett talked to ********* Ed Werder at ESPN, says he needs ankle surgery. Now why did he do that?" Cook asked. "I've got [Brad] Childress calling. I've got reporters calling all damn morning. *********, why does he have to be such a ********* drama queen? Play, don't play, *******, people are getting sick of it. I'm getting sick of it!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
In the August 2010 Issue: Brett Favre | Men’s Journal

Three miles down U.S. Route 98, a visitor sits in the empty waiting room of a two-story office building. It belongs to Brett Favre’s agent. There are no magazines. There are no pictures of the prince. The visitor waits. And he waits. He watches a paint crew arrive. He watches a paint crew depart. He watches paint dry.
But he hears things. Phones ringing. Phones slamming. Cussing. Lots of cussing. An hour passes. A secretary apologizes for the delay. Finally, a Southern almost-gentleman appears. He’s the man behind the salty phone voice, and his face and ears are beet red. There’s no suit. Rather, he’s dressed in the uniform of the affluent adult child — shorts, sneakers, and golf shirt. He sticks out his hand.

“Bus Cook. I know you’re media, but do you know who I hate? The ******* media! You watch ESPN this morning?”

“No.”

“Brett talked to ********* Ed Werder at ESPN, says he needs ankle surgery. Now why did he do that? I’ve got Childress calling. I’ve got reporterscalling all damn morning. *********, why does he have to be such a ********* drama queen? Play, don’t play, *******, people are getting sick of it. I’m getting sick of it!

Why does he have to talk to these people? What good does it do? Ed Werder at ESPN! What’s he ever done for anybody other than say, ‘Look, look, Mommy, I got this first, ain’t I special?’ You got problems with surgery, talk to your wife. Why talk to ********* Ed Werder?”

A giant white pickup truck rumbles into the parking lot. The driver gingerly steps down from his perch. Cook looks out the window. He mulishly paws the rug with his sneakers.

“*******, there’s Brett. This is going to be interesting.”

“Hey, Bus,” says Favre.
He speaks slowly, a boy trying to delay a spanking.

“I guess I screwed up. I didn’t think it was a big deal. I just told him that I might need surgery. He made it into a big thing.”

Bus stares him down, but his face crumples into an exasperated grin.

“Jesus, Brett. You never learn. You guys go talk. I’ve got ******* phone calls to make.” He pokes a finger at Brett. “Thanks to you.”

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cook is as much a ********* as Favre is. He's just trying to save face, because of all that he and his most famous client have done he's having a hard time finding new clients.
Is he still the agent for Randy Moss?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
On Bretts official site the HEAD DOG down played this as just 2 family members having a little issue...But if someone else would say it OMG that person would be an ***

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, saw that. Great point about Bruce Matthews and Ray Lewis.

Favre just wants what Favre wants. To live both like a retired player AND an active player. He wants to spend time with his family during the offseason, but to play with the guys and win games when the season starts.

JRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is under contract to play. There is no decision to be made. Get over YOUR OWN mental hang up with Favre. My computer is flagged to get an email every time Favre's name hits the web. The "drama queen" has said nothing nor did anything yet some reporter needing to get attention so he drops Favre's name whining about the "drama queen" - who again has said or done nothing. Favre is a revealer exposing a whole lot of people who got nothing at all so they whine about nothing. It is hilarious.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is under contract to play. There is no decision to be made. Get over YOUR OWN mental hang up with Favre. My computer is flagged to get an email every time Favre's name hits the web. The "drama queen" has said nothing nor did anything yet some reporter needing to get attention so he drops Favre's name whining about the "drama queen" - who again has said or done nothing. Favre is a revealer exposing a whole lot of people who got nothing at all so they whine about nothing. It is hilarious.

I have no hang up about #4. MN can have him. The Packers are much better off now and in the future with Rodgers under center. I'm sure there was an understanding by MN management and #4 that he would be excused from all offseason workouts and half of training camp before he signed on the bottom line. If some of his teammates grumble about it, great! What most folks outside MN find wanting is he tries to come across as this good 'ol boy who just loves to play the game when in fact it has always been about HIM and not the team. We Packer fans didn't see this side of him until after he "retired" in March of '08. I don't know if it is because Favre hid it really well or we didn't/couldn't see it while he played in GB.

:viksux:

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cook is as much a ********* as Favre is. He's just trying to save face, because of all that he and his most famous client have done he's having a hard time finding new clients.

Well said. Nobody would know or care about this backwater lawyer if it wasn't for Favre. Certainly Randy Moss wouldn't be seeking him out if Favre wasn't there first. And so what if Bus Cook has to put out a few fires to right whatever Favre has said. It's called earning your fricking 10%.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its an interesting article, so if you havent read it I would recommend you do.