1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Atari Bigby

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Claymorespackersfan, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Claymorespackersfan

Claymorespackersfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471 / 1 / -0
    I feel like he'll be sitting on the bench a lot next year when Malcom Jenkins takes his spot in the starting lineup. I know, Jenkins is a corner, but he'll play his way to a point where they'd be foolish not to find a starting place for him. Of course, that could mean moving Woodson back to safety like they did last year, but either scenario means Bigby is SOL.

That's if we take Jenkins and not some half injured guy that nobody has on their first round board. I'm looking at you Justin Harrell.
  3. GJ85

GJ85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope he can come back and be a force like he has the potential to be
  4. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Bigby is one of our strongest hitting safeties. I love our secondary, and believe it to be the strongest in the league, and though Bigby didn't perform great last year... he does have the potential to be a great safety. Woodson belongs at corner with my man Harris, bigby belongs in the backfield with Collins. I am interested to see how Smith does though.
  5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    Bigby is like a mental patient with a hammer... Sure, he'll knock down a lot of people, including our own.
    Jokes aside, if he stays healthy and develops a little more feel for the game (stops trying to guess if it's a run or a pass, and STOPS MAKING SO MUCH PENATLIES) he can be a great SS, he's fast, he has good hands, he tackles very well, just needs more experience and better tutoring...
  6. Onofr1o

Onofr1o Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    idk about fast, in madden 09 he only had 86 speed :-P
  7. doughsellz

doughsellz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Wow. Yeah, uhh, I'm gonna have to, uhh, disagree with you. (Lumberg, Office Space) :rofl:

A couple of games late last season had me wondering if time has caught up with Woodson & Harris. The def. secondary blew late leads against CAR & HOU. They looked helpless against Schaub. Whether it was just a symptom of injuries being hard to overcome or a lack of heart I don't know. There were far too many breakdowns as the season wound down.
  8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I believe it was injuries. But not only that... When you can't stop the run in an entire game, the def spends too much time on the field. And when you can't run it's the same. So late in games it takes its toll. If we get a decent NT to stop the run and an OLB to rush the passer, believe me, we can be good. Remember, Sam Madison is a lot worse than what we have, and the Giants D were amazing... We were 12th against the pass, and 26th agains the run...
    About the Madden comment, CMON! This is real life. I play madden too, but in madden 09 ocho cinco is the best receiver. Madden stats are interpretation of the real life.
  9. Aa-rodg_is_cool

Aa-rodg_is_cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lol.. did you forget that we had one of worst RushDs last year?? You absolutely NEED pressure on the QB for man to man to work.. You can't hold down your man for 8 seconds like our D had to all the time last year..
  10. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471 / 1 / -0
    Regarding the CAR game:
    Steve Smith just made a superhuman catch. There's not a coverage in the world that stops him from catching that ball.

I will agree that the secondary is very much to blame for the HOU game though. That was bad.
  11. G Force

G Force Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree we gave all these QB's way to much time, Anyone can throw against you at that ponit
  12. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 60 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    (I know this was a bump from 2009, but the new thread-auto search found this thread and 4 others, so I put it in this pre-existing thread.)

ATARI BIGBY
    is starting to get his mojo back.
    We need him to take off a few Giants and Bears heads.
    I'll nominate Hakeem Nicks this week, and Devin Hester next week.

[​IMG]

Back again:

The last time the Packers faced the Giants, Atari Bigby played like the complete safety the Packers thought he would be.

Bigby was flying all over Lambeau Field hitting blue jerseys and making people think he was going to be the team's strong safety for many years to come.
    "I don't know if that was my best game, but it was a good time for me," Bigby said of the 2007 NFC Championship Game. Too bad it was Al Harris' worst game ever, by far.

Injuries robbed Bigby of that potential since, and he enters Sunday a backup behind Charlie Peprah. Last week was Bigby's first game back from a hamstring injury and he wound up playing the entire second half after Collins got hurt.

The one thing that makes Bigby an important asset this week is that he's known for the same physical play the Giants bring each Sunday. He may see a lot of action.
    "We know they're going to bring it, so we have to bring it," he said. "It's crunch time."

Packers' Bulaga tries to block out lapses - JSOnline