At #13 Your List...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We stay at #13 and don't trade back give me your list of who you're taking of non-QBs:

Tier 1 (in order)
Jalen Carter (I'm risking it)
Will Anderson
Tyree Wilson
Paris Johnson Jr
Christian Gonzalez / Devon Witherspoon (on same line as I see them the same level)
Broderick Jones
Darnell Wright
Myles Murphy

Not a big fan of below this at #13 honestly...
Bryan Bresee/JSN/LVN
Dalton Kincaid / Michael Mayer

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LVN or Skoronski for me.

Oh my word I looked over my list and LVN was supposed to be there in the tie with Bresee and JSN.

So at 13 those are your #1 and #2? What if Jalen Carter falls or Paris Johnson?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
My instinct is that the move up to #13 is to get one of the top tackles.

I'm guessing they want Broderick Jones or Darnell Wright or both.

Gute is usually drafting a year ahead, especially at premium positions. Bakh is a slam dunk cap casualty who seems to be detached from the team, emotionally. Nijman is playing on an RFA tender.

This OT class is good at the top, but shallow.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My instinct is that the move up to #13 is to get one of the top tackles.

I'm guessing they want Broderick Jones or Darnell Wright or both.

Gute is usually drafting a year ahead, especially at premium positions. Bakh is a slam dunk cap casualty who seems to be detached from the team, emotionally. Nijman is playing on an RFA tender.

Yup I honestly agree, I think they want to leave first with Paris / Broderick or Darnell....

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my word I looked over my list and LVN was supposed to be there in the tie with Bresee and JSN.

So at 13 those are your #1 and #2? What if Jalen Carter falls or Paris Johnson?
I took it to be that the guys you listed is who you expected to be gone in the 1st 12 picks. To answer your question. Absolutely on Paris. A hard no on Carter. I want a OL at pick 13. I rank them P. Johnson, D. Wright, B. Jones, P. Skoronski. I am hoping Edge at 42. Adebawore, (I think he can give some DT & some DE.) or FAU. Need some luck for one of them to be there. I have no problem with K.White here, I just like the other 2 a little more. Then TE at 45. Hoping Washington is there or even Kincaid. If not BPA and hope LaPorta is there at 78.

Reaction score
I took it to be that the guys you listed is who you expected to be gone in the 1st 12 picks. To answer your question. Absolutely on Paris. A hard no on Carter. I want a OL at pick 13. I rank them P. Johnson, D. Wright, B. Jones, P. Skoronski. I am hoping Edge at 42. Adebawore, (I think he can give some DT & some DE.) or FAU. Need some luck for one of them to be there. I have no problem with K.White here, I just like the other 2 a little more. Then TE at 45. Hoping Washington is there or even Kincaid. If not BPA and hope LaPorta is there at 78.
I like all those ideas. The only think I’d add is I’m also impressed with Tucker Kraft. I know he’s from a Div1-B, but so was Watson and he’s as good or better than several top#20 WR selections last draft.

Had Tucker not missed half of last season? I believe he’d be a bonafide 2nd Rounder (possibly even #45 area) and I believe he’s slightly undervalued there at ~#70 area. He’s one of the most complete TE’s in this draft. He’s this years “Terry McLaurin” (TE version) most underestimated TE of the 2023 TE class.

He’s also built for Cold weather.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm good with Wright or Johnson if we go that route. As a Georgia homer, I'm not sure I'm quite behind Broderick Jones that high. I think he has a lot of holes in his game. If we miss out on Johnson or Wright, I would think that we take a shot at defensive line or edge, but it still kind of feels like no man's land at this spot. I honestly wouldn't rule out corner at this spot either.

On a side note, I wonder what this subs opinion of Dawand Jones is. Obviously not suggesting taking him this high, but I'm starting to fall in love with his size, wing span, and the way he wins. Speed rushers might give him some trouble and he might not really be a fit for our system though.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Darnell Wright is the guy they want. I don't see any other scenario as really feasible. If Wright is gone, I think they'll try to trade back to 16-20.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only guys I draft at 13 are Johnson, LVN, Murphy or Skoronski (to hell with the short arms - he is a hell of a player). Unless someone unexpectedly falls. The fact of the matter is, I may very well have only two players in Johnson and LVN and trade down if they aren’t there.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My list:

Will Anderson
Tyree Wilson
Paris Johnson
Jalen Carter
Skronski
Broderick Jones
Jaxon Smith-Nijba

Trade Down if good trade value

Else

Myles Murphy
LVN

Revisit the trade option

Darnell Wright

Last edited:

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Darnell Wright is the guy they want. I don't see any other scenario as really feasible. If Wright is gone, I think they'll try to trade back to 16-20.

Agree. I haven't even considered looking at other players because just seems like it will be Wright at that spot. Seems to make the most sense given the tackle need next year.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wright is a last resort, and maybe I put LVN in there instead. Yup. Going to edit.

Wright just looks a little stiff to me to be up there with the top 3. I think he will do well and not be a bust or anything, but he won't win as many against the better pass rushers. He will have a lot of stalemates.

Stalemate is defined as stopping the pass rusher, which is good. Whereas a win is putting the pass rusher somewhere where he doesn't want to be.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Guys I think and/or hope will be off the board:

1. B. Young, QB, UA
2. W. Levis, QB, UK
3. A. Richardson, QB, FLA
4. C. Stroud, QB, OSU
5. B. Robinson, RB, UT
6. P. Johnson, OT, OSU
7. W. Anderson, ED, UA
8. T. Wilson, ED, TTU
9. J. Carter, iDL, UGA
10. C. Gonzalez, CB, OR

If that's correct, here are the next 10 players on the consensus draft board:

1. D. Witherspoon, CB, ILL
2. J. Smith-Njigba, WR, OSU
3. P. Skoronski, OL, NW
4. J. Porter Jr, CB, PSU
5. L. Van Ness, ED, IA
6. N. Smith, ED, UGA
7. M. Murphy, ED, CLEM
8. B. Jones, OL, UGA
9. D. Wright, OL, TENN
10. D. Banks, CB, MAR

I would not want Witherspoon, Skoronski, or Porter Jr.

Which means my cluster would be, in order of preference:

1. D. Wright, OL, TENN
2. B. Jones, OL, UGA
3. J. Smith-Njigba, WR, OSU
4. L. Van Ness, ED, IA
5. M. Murphy, ED, CLEM
6. N. Smith, ED, UGA
7. D. Banks, CB, MAR

I wouldn't mind a trade down at all.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Wright is a last resort, and maybe I put LVN in there instead. Yup. Going to edit.

Wright just looks a little stiff to me to be up there with the top 3. I think he will do well and not be a bust or anything, but he won't win as many against the better pass rushers. He will have a lot of stalemates.

Stalemate is defined as stopping the pass rusher, which is good. Whereas a win is putting the pass rusher somewhere where he doesn't want to be.

Specifically in pass protection, what's the difference? If the OT stalemates the rusher vs. putting him on his back isn't the result of the play the same?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Specifically in pass protection, what's the difference? If the OT stalemates the rusher vs. putting him on his back isn't the result of the play the same?
Putting him on his back is the best result. Takes a player out of the play for a second or two. But I wasn't talking about that. I mean he locks into the player and they come to a standstill. Which is a win for the OT.

What is better than a standstill is moving the guy a few yards away. A bigger pocket is better than a smaller one. Gives Love more opportunities to move in the pocket, reduces batting passes down, passing lanes etc. But it also speaks to run blocking as well. A bigger whole and less chance for player to trackdown the ball after breaking contact.

I'm not saying he's garbage. I just like the other 3 better. And I like other players at other positions better for 13. But if we trade back to later in the first he would be a target. I think he will be very good.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was all on board with JVN, but just confused with his bench press. That was very weak and not sure what to make of it and it's impact. Bottom 6%. Ordinarily it's not very important, but for such an amazing athlete you'd expect above average.

There are women stronger than that!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Edit:
Dang still tough to post pictures here

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not a clue who we are going to select. I will be happy with Paris, JSN, Carter, Skoronski, Gonzalez, or Kinkaid (because that would mean they think he is going to be lights out). Or trade down. I just don't know much about the edge rushers but I think the truly elite ones will be gone.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed.

Good day 2 picks: Harrison, Mauch, Bergeron, Duncan, and Steen. If we go to another position at 13, I would target one of these on day 2. After that there is a dropoff.

My 7th round stab is Jake Witt.

Reaction score
My list:

Will Anderson
Tyree Wilson
Paris Johnson
Jalen Carter
Skronski
Broderick Jones
Jaxon Smith-Nijba

Trade Down if good trade value

Else

Myles Murphy
LVN

Revisit the trade option

Darnell Wright
Yeah I’m with you. I’m content with Darnell Wright at #13, but it’s a slight reach for me. Don’t get me wrong he’s well into Day1 but not in the top half for me.

When I watch film on Broderick Jones? I see a guy that’s so not fundamentally sound and while that sounds like a slight? I believe his potential NFL ceiling is in that top 5 (overall) in a draft redo in 4 seasons.How he is even able to execute at such a high level with poor fundamentals is perplexing for me. He’s has a strong Will to succeed and he’s a physical specimen. Also I’m Absolutely 0% concerned about measurements, he’s a prototypical Left Tackle

I love his attitude also. He seems really grounded for his age. He’s going to be special and that’s a guy that I’m excited about at #13. I’m far from an expert, but he jumps off the page on film. Much like Adebawore does later on

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I watch film on Broderick Jones? I see a guy that’s so not fundamentally sound and while that sounds like a slight? I believe his potential NFL ceiling is in that top 5 (overall) in a draft redo in 4 seasons.
When I was watching highlights of Paris; I was also looking at BJ. I just did not like his body type (if that means anything at all). Whereas Paris looks like he is built to last a long time in the NFL. And I guess Paris run blocks effectively also.

Reaction score
When I was watching highlights of Paris; I was also looking at BJ. I just did not like his body type (if that means anything at all). Whereas Paris looks like he is built to last a long time in the NFL. And I guess Paris run blocks effectively also.
That’s why Paris won’t be there at #13 imo. Paris is more game ready now and Broderick is going to creep up on him in a couple seasons. I’m looking at the long haul. Also both players have technical flaws and both win on athleticism.

As far as holding up or built to last?
I don’t know how you can predict that, it’s a crap shoot I have zero idea on that part.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not a clue who we are going to select. I will be happy with Paris, JSN, Carter, Skoronski, Gonzalez, or Kinkaid (because that would mean they think he is going to be lights out). Or trade down. I just don't know much about the edge rushers but I think the truly elite ones will be gone.

Personally I would rather they trade every last pick of ours this year and next to draft someone then end up with Skoronski...I don't draft guards that early and definitely not a tackle with sub CB length arms.

Okay that's a bit obnoxious but I am very much against Skoronski unless it is a trade back where we get him falling to it and we got another pick picked up.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Agreed.

Good day 2 picks: Harrison, Mauch, Bergeron, Duncan, and Steen. If we go to another position at 13, I would target one of these on day 2. After that there is a dropoff.

My 7th round stab is Jake Witt.

And I would argue that Harrison and Bergeron could go round 1 and will probably be gone by #42 for sure. Mauch and Steen will move inside in the NFL. And Duncan is a big project.