Are the Vikings/Bears for real?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time will answer that question. Can they keep it up? Sure they look good early, in particular the Vikings but I don't see them continuing this deeper into the season. Let them enjoy it while it lasts. NFL = Not For Long.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this is going to keep coming up, but we should be 3-1. And we've won our only division game so far.
I hate to be "that guy" but the Vikes just beat the Lions on Sun.

If you forgot about Detroit, (The city as well as the team.) who could blame ya?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
How do you feel about your first round draft pick?
Well considering he has not given up a sack yet, pretty good. I assume you mean Khalil, not Smith, who they moved back into the first round for. Who by the way is doing pretty well himself.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is every season since 2002 a team has gone from last to first in a division in one offseason.
Remains to be seen who it is this year but if it was the Vikings that would certainly qualify as a suprise.:roflmao:

Their one blemish so far is losing to Adam Vinatieri with 30 seconds left after Luck got them in long FG range. I do admit I did not want OT though.

I'll say this. They have the ability to come back in games they seem done in. They are a spirited little bunch this year.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Like I said above I could see both of them feeling pretty good about themselves after the first half of the season and the sky falling for both thereafter. Based on the schedule anyways. Doubtful either one comes out of that alive.
Let's string them along for awhile before they assume that familiar "what the hell happened" lost look.
Well considering the second half of the season MN has 5 of 8 games that are division oppenents. The Bears and Packer twice and the Lions one more time. So essently what you are saying is the Vikings won't win against the Bears and Packers.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think the Bears are pretty good. But, the Packers seem to have Cutler's number so that lowers their stock with me.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
What's wrong with a "game manager" who doesn't turn the ball over? That's the right start and hopefully he will continue to improve...

Hopefully he will continue to improve???

el Guapo, exactly who are you rooting for here?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry - I don't root for other teams to suck. That may not be the mantra on a fan forum, but I'd rather see strong divisional rivals that give us good games versus blow outs. So yes, I would like to see Ponder and the Vikings improve...but still lose to the Packers

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Sorry - I don't root for other teams to suck. That may not be the mantra on a fan forum, but I'd rather see strong divisional rivals that give us good games versus blow outs. So yes, I would like to see Ponder and the Vikings improve...but still lose to the Packers

Not a bad attitude at all to have. Also having a strong division this year might help the Packers improve more for the postseason.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I don't think that you watched that game. The 49ers weren't making a ton of unforced mistakes. They got out-played, out-hussled, and out-foxed by a team that wanted it much more. You could see it in every vicious hit.

I think I did watch that game and I am just giving my opinion... I dont believe that the Queens are a better football team than the Pack and the Niners worked us... I just think the Queens had a good game and the Niners didnt... I mean the week prior they lost to a depleted Colts team... When it all boils down the Packers are still the team to beat in the NFC North... IMO

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on, FF, even when the Bears win a game, they STILL SUCK.

Proclaim it now.
That F word in my name (The other one besides "Forget") is the reason I can't stand the Vikes more than Da Bears.

I'm willing to compromise if you are.
I'll just go ahead and post this video.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know having a good division makes the Pack doing well look even better, but as far as the Bears and Vikings go in my opinion the worse the better haha

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't even matter!
If the Bears are "for real" and have a winning season and make it into the playoffs.
Jay Cutler CAN NOT beat the Packers.
and the Packers have ALL the 'Mo vs the Bears...
not worried about them at all.

Vikes. AD is still a beast.
Def is good.
But their QB is unproven. Sure he looks like a gamer... but again.... not worried about them.
at all.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I did watch that game and I am just giving my opinion... I dont believe that the Queens are a better football team than the Pack and the Niners worked us... I just think the Queens had a good game and the Niners didnt... I mean the week prior they lost to a depleted Colts team... When it all boils down the Packers are still the team to beat in the NFC North... IMO
I can agree with your last statement. I'm certainly not going to predict that the Vikes will win the North.

I look at wins and losses in this way: the losing team typically looks bad and you have to decide whether that was by their own doing or because of the other team. When I see the opponent playing at their highest level, I don't just chalk it up to the losing team playing a bad game. I chalk it up to the winning team making the losing team look bad. In this case, the Vikings made the 49ers look bad. Could the niners have played better. I'm sure of it. As you said though, it's all a matter of opinion which I can agree to.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Vikings are there yet, but they're getting better. Kalil and Harrison Smith look like real good rookies for them. I'm not sure Ponder will ever be a top tier QB, but I could see him becoming a better version of Alex Smith, maybe even a Schaub or Flacco level, which certainly isn't bad. The one thing I wonder about is how long Adrian Peterson can be an elite RB. He's 28 or 29 if I'm not correct and just came off a nasty injury. He may have 2-3 good years left but after that I dunno.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Peterson still does not look to be up to par. Can't say i blame him with what happened to his knee. He has lost that ankle snapping cut ability that he used to have and he has not "powered" through defenders since coming back. I have noticed he goes down easier and he chooses to run out of bounds rather than give that signiture stiff arm to the face and mash some dude to the turf. I don't know if he will ever be the same after his injury, that was some serious stuff he went through. He wont be as dominant, be will still be a factor. I think the biggest weapon the vikes have is percey harvin, he is a beast.......as long as the doctors have solved his migrane issues......he will continue to be a nightmare for other teams.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Some big plays does not a playoff team make. Vikings had some big plays but that kind of thing cannot sustain you through a season or especially the playoffs. There is absolutely 0% chance the Vikings are going to win big this year. Chicago has all the pieces but as long as you have an idiot as the face of your franchise I think it's difficult. They deserve Cutler, couldn't have happened to a more worthy fanbase.

Members online

Latest posts