NFL is fixed????

H

HardRightEdge

nope , I've managed to show that you buy the hype you were sold. 20 ints is a great deep ball ? before and after that season he was nothing but a back up.

it was the only full season he played and wasn't a factor at any point the rest of his sorry career.
again, no defense can pick up that kind of slack unless there is in fact foul play.
Believe what you want.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All those 20 interceptions came on deep passes and were cleanly picked off, no losing of a juggling catch by the receiver or any other action that would put the receiver more at fault of the INT happening regardless that it is still tabulated only on the QB's stat sheet? You're not proving anything other than you don't actually know what sound deductive reasoning is. You're bringing up examples that you talk only generally about without giving any acknowledgement to outside influences and context such as new ownership/coaching/ management coming in and turning things around, as with the Patriots hiring Bilichek in 2000 and the Saints bringing in Peyton in 2006. No, to you that apparently isn't even a possibility and the only conclusion that makes sense is some grand conspiracy concerning game rigging. There is a phrase for that, it's called confirmation bias. You assume your conclusion to be true and that colors your perception of happenings.

it doesn't matter what you think of what I'm saying. It doesn't matter that I'm not giving you what you think I'm supposed to give you. What matters is whether its actually happening. Of course I cant give you what you want. You wont believe it unless its exposed as a wrong by an agency which of course wont happen until the American economy can be funded in another fashion. The examples you call cherry picking are exactly the evidence that they are pulling your leg. You are so gullible that all these perfect endings make total sense to you.

LOL at your confirmation bias crappola. when a call is made that is the opposite of what I see on screen that is called a lie. The bias you suffer from is every time a bad call is made you excuse it as human error or some homefield advantage or some other cliché bullpucky that you've been fed over and over.

no one with this tech has any excuse for making as many natural mistakes as you think they are making. why are you so afraid of this ? why would it hurt you ?

Last edited:

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, its proven that the league manipulates games to make you believe that crap. Rex Grossman throws 23 TDs and 20 ints and they make it to a SB because their defense is just that good ? bullcrap..no defense can make up for that crap. same with the Dilfer/ Ravens.
You're so right. A good D that amassed 24 INT's, 30 recovered fumbles, 40 sacks and a team that together outperformed their opponents in every significant statistical category should of had not a snowballs chance in hell overcoming 20 INT's on the season to win the SB. :rolleyes:
http://www.nfl.com/teams/chicagobears/statistics?season=2006&team=CHI&seasonType=

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it doesn't matter what YOU THINK OF WHAT i
Well, don't post on the internet man. Hate to brake it to you but soliciting other people's opinion precludes you from being able to say that you don't care what people think after the fact. Don't be so butthurt because I've thoroughly poked holes in your tinfoil hat. Just tuck your tail and walk off into the sunset like a grownup.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
But are the really pushing for competitive balance? Think about the rule changes in the last 15 years. Every rule change benefited teams that have good throwing games.
Yes I think they are because the closer the games the better the ratings; the more teams vying for the last wildcard spots, the better the ratings. And a lot of fans want to see the high scoring games that come from an emphasis on the passing game.
I'm not saying there is a conspiracy for certain teams to win, but, when certain teams continue to win year in and year out no matter who coaches them. Take the Giants and Bills. … Do you really think Bill Belicheat would still be in New England if he was making what Chan Gaily was making in Buffalo? So, owners that have more money can afford the better coaches. Equal, but some are more equal.
First, this goofy thread IS about an alleged conspiracy. Second, if the Bills had had the success the Pats have had since Belichick, the owner of the Bills would have had more money to throw at him. IMO when you look at long periods of time, the ownership and management of a team, as opposed to the coaches, have a lot to do with their success, or lack thereof. And the league would not object if a multi-billionaire willing to throw money around would purchase the Bills from their current management. BTW, why don’t you use the Vikings as an example here? ;) (J/K, you're alright for a Vikings fan.)
… but it has become interesting to me that a majority of people are just downright defensive and scared of the possibility.
That isn’t “interesting” to me, that makes me :). It is not that we’re “scared of the possibility”, it's that we won’t fall for a BS conspiracy theory without facts or some kind of substantiation. The NFL is swimming in money, there’s no need to engage in this kind of nonsense. That's why I brought up Goodell’s supposed motivation for this and the dire consequences to the NFL if such a scandal were exposed. BTW, I missed where you addressed those points: What would motivate Goodell to take such an idiotic gamble? Also, what do you suppose revealing such a scandal would be worth to an NFL official? Why would Goodell trust numerous officials willing to engage in cheating to keep the secret when revealing it could mean millions of dollars to them? Their high moral character?
… quite frankly, I belonged to a cult when I was a kid so my ******** detector is quite in tune when something just isn't right to me.
Quite frankly, the exact opposite conclusion could be reached about your ******** detector. As a matter of fact you may want to check it, it’s probably clogged after reading that blog and you just don't realize it.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
quite frankly, I belonged to a cult when I was a kid so my ******** detector is quite in tune when something just isn't right to me.

Quite frankly, the exact opposite conclusion could be reached about your ******** detector. As a matter of fact you may want to check it, it’s probably clogged after reading that blog and you just don't realize it.
I agree with TJV on this point. There is a dearth of actual research, feel free to peruse the Scientific Journals, that show that an overstimulation of a sensory node brakes it, not finely tunes it.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're so right. A good D that amassed 24 INT's, 30 recovered fumbles, 40 sacks and a team that together outperformed their opponents in every significant statistical category should of had not a snowballs chance in hell overcoming 20 INT's on the season to win the SB. :rolleyes:
http://www.nfl.com/teams/chicagobears/statistics?season=2006&team=CHI&seasonType=

again,..a teams defense being good doesn't mean it wont be manipulated to be moved up the ranks. It just might make it a tad easier in the process but those stats are just stats. It doesn't specify rulings against the opposing teams offense that may have helped the situations for the defense to succeed.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Yes I think they are because the closer the games the better the ratings; the more teams vying for the last wildcard spots, the better the ratings. And a lot of fans want to see the high scoring games that come from an emphasis on the passing game. First, this goofy thread IS about an alleged conspiracy. Second, if the Bills had had the success the Pats have had since Belichick, the owner of the Bills would have had more money to throw at him. IMO when you look at long periods of time, the ownership and management of a team, as opposed to the coaches, have a lot to do with their success, or lack thereof. And the league would not object if a multi-billionaire willing to throw money around would purchase the Bills from their current management. BTW, why don’t you use the Vikings as an example here? ;) (J/K, you're alright for a Vikings fan.) That isn’t “interesting” to me, that makes me :). It is not that we’re “scared of the possibility”, it's that we won’t fall for a BS conspiracy theory without facts or some kind of substantiation. The NFL is swimming in money, there’s no need to engage in this kind of nonsense. That's why I brought up Goodell’s supposed motivation for this and the dire consequences to the NFL if such a scandal were exposed. BTW, I missed where you addressed those points: What would motivate Goodell to take such an idiotic gamble? Also, what do you suppose revealing such a scandal would be worth to an NFL official? Why would Goodell trust numerous officials willing to engage in cheating to keep the secret when revealing it could mean millions of dollars to them? Their high moral character? Quite frankly, the exact opposite conclusion could be reached about your ******** detector. As a matter of fact you may want to check it, it’s probably clogged after reading that blog and you just don't realize it.

Lol, stating you were in a cult doesn't help your credability, but frankly explains a lot with this guy.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
again, degenerate gambler making excuses about what he lost. Gamblers are ex
4. There are 100 senators and 435 representatives, that would have to not care, not know, or be part of the fix.
Of all your points, this is the one that doesn't fit your argument, since we know the Congress is capable of exactly this kind of action with much more critical issues.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, stating you were in a cult doesn't help your credability, but frankly explains a lot with this guy.

it means I know a lie when I see one because I learned from my past how people can manipulate falsehoods.

its quite simple. Pay close attention to the NFL network and ESPN and nfl.com. What are the stories and themes they keep pounding at you through the year. What narrative keeps coming up? And how does it seem to magically manifest itself in the games. Watch the games with a better eye. how quickly do officials make calls. How many times are they calling stuff for one team or not calling anything. How often are they so close to the point spread or completely opposite because they know for a fact the direction all the bets went.
Pay attention to the fact that Seattle wont get as many calls this year.
notice that the SB is in Arizona. That means the Cardinals wont make the playoffs.
last year the Giants and Jets didn't make the playoffs..where was the Super Bowl?

isn't it interesting that bountygate caused the Saints to lose players and coaches the year the SB was played in New Orleans(all of that happened after having been to and winning their first SB ever- of course youll tell yourself that means nothing because the SB was in 2009). Isnt it just a little interesting that after the Cardinals new stadium hosts a SB for the first time in 2008, they end up appearing in their first SB ever the following year.
How many coincidences do you need before you stop covering your ears and shouting theres no proof ! While it is in fact not as random and impartial as you want it to be.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
it means I know a lie when I see one because I learned from my past how people can manipulate falsehoods.

its quite simple. Pay close attention to the NFL network and ESPN and nfl.com. What are the stories and themes they keep pounding at you through the year. What narrative keeps coming up? And how does it seem to magically manifest itself in the games. Watch the games with a better eye. how quickly do officials make calls. How many times are they calling stuff for one team or not calling anything. How often are they so close to the point spread or completely opposite because they know for a fact the direction all the bets went.
Pay attention to the fact that Seattle wont get as many calls this year.
notice that the SB is in Arizona. That means the Cardinals wont make the playoffs.
last year the Giants and Jets didn't make the playoffs..where was the Super Bowl?

isn't it interesting that bountygate caused the Saints to lose players and coaches the year the SB was played in New Orleans(all of that happened after having been to and winning their first SB ever- of course youll tell yourself that means nothing because the SB was in 2009). Isnt it just a little interesting that after the Cardinals new stadium hosts a SB for the first time in 2008, they end up appearing in their first SB ever the following year.
How many coincidences do you need before you stop covering your ears and shouting theres no proof ! While it is in fact not as random and impartial as you want it to be.

No its not interesting. You aren't interesting.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Sorry ram29, Giants and jets didnt make the play offs because THEY sucked. How could it have been any refs fault that the giants O line was injured up and Eli tossed almost 30 picks? That type of stat says to me, ya wont win many games. Same with the jets, geno smith is terrible, their run game was below average, but their defense was good. They stood no chance in trying to match putting up points vs the like of brady and company with a subpar offense.

I do think that there are refs that are bias, hell if I was a ref GB would be getting a lot better calls. But the nfl tries to take notice of bias and not let those refs that have a bias for a certain team ref those games. It happened a few years ago that one ref was from new orleans and just so happened to ref a saints game...... was he making bias calls, who knows, but my bet is that he was indeed. Not for money manybe, but for the pure home town factor. The scabs refs were the worst and I do really think we did get ripped off on purpose in the fail mary game. One ref says INT, the other says TD...... ref that says TD is seen some time later chillin with seahawks players...... that was bias calling.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
How many coincidences do you need before you stop covering your ears and shouting theres no proof ! While it is in fact not as random and impartial as you want it to be
Pay close attention to the NFL network and ESPN and nfl.com. What are the stories and themes they keep pounding at you through the year.
It seems every time I switch to them one of the stories is about Johnny Football – so I guess the Browns are Super Bowl bound, huh?
How many coincidences do you need before you stop covering your ears and shouting theres no proof !
Speaking of covering your ears, how about answering three questions you've ignored so far:

1. What would motivate Goodell to take such an idiotic gamble when the NFL is hugely popular and profitable? Goodell himself makes more than $35M/year (perhaps more than $40M) and the NFL is a multi-billion dollar enterprise which is becoming more profitable every year. If the fantasy you believe is real is exposed that would not only bring shame upon him, it would probably subject him to criminal and civil charges, and it would also cause his firing. It's difficult to think of anything he could do which would cause more damage to the “golden goose” that is the NFL and ruin his own reputation and legacy as commissioner.

2. What do you suppose revealing such a scandal would be worth to an NFL official? Why would Goodell trust numerous officials willing to engage in cheating to keep the secret when revealing it could mean millions of dollars to them and ruin Goodell?

3. If you really believe this nonsense (and you’re digging a huge hole) why follow the NFL?

Why are you avoiding these question?

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, you seriously need to stop drinking the Kool-Aid. (hope you enjoyed the cult reference as much as I did.)

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that's just it. I demand more than just mear coincidence. I am not so easily convinced.

Last edited:

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
It seems every time I switch to them one of the stories is about Johnny Football – so I guess the Browns are Super Bowl bound, huh? Speaking of covering your ears, how about answering three questions you've ignored so far:

1. What would motivate Goodell to take such an idiotic gamble when the NFL is hugely popular and profitable? Goodell himself makes more than $35M/year (perhaps more than $40M) and the NFL is a multi-billion dollar enterprise which is becoming more profitable every year. If the fantasy you believe is real is exposed that would not only bring shame upon him, it would probably subject him to criminal and civil charges, and it would also cause his firing. It's difficult to think of anything he could do which would cause more damage to the “golden goose” that is the NFL and ruin his own reputation and legacy as commissioner.

2. What do you suppose revealing such a scandal would be worth to an NFL official? Why would Goodell trust numerous officials willing to engage in cheating to keep the secret when revealing it could mean millions of dollars to them and ruin Goodell?

3. If you really believe this nonsense (and you’re digging a huge hole) why follow the NFL?

He's a fan of ALL teams.....whether the NFL is helping them win or not. Seriously....aren't you paying attention?

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in other words, none of you are football savvy enough to pay attention to my challenge.
It seems every time I switch to them one of the stories is about Johnny Football – so I guess the Browns are Super Bowl bound, huh? Speaking of covering your ears, how about answering three questions you've ignored so far:

I don't need to know how millionaires conduct their business. I just know what I see in front of me is a lie. And I gave you the above challenge to see for yourself.

why watch it ? games are manipulated and not fixed. The athletes still do spontaneous athletic things. Just now I am aware that a narrative is taking place and I will be interested how it develops.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
in other words, none of you are football savvy enough to pay attention to my challenge.

I don't need to know how millionaires conduct their business. I just know what I see in front of me is a lie. And I gave you the above challenge to see for yourself.

why watch it ? games are manipulated and not fixed. The athletes still do spontaneous athletic things. Just now I am aware that a narrative is taking place and I will be interested how it develops.

Hahahahahahaha. You're joking with this right?

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry ram29, Giants and jets didnt make the play offs because THEY sucked. How could it have been any refs fault that the giants O line was injured up and Eli tossed almost 30 picks? That type of stat says to me, ya wont win many games. Same with the jets, geno smith is terrible, their run game was below average, but their defense was good. They stood no chance in trying to match putting up points vs the like of brady and company with a subpar offense.

I .

right ? Eli wins 2 SBs and then he is the worst QB ever for a year ? the fact is both teams don't suck ( at least as far as the NFL makes sure the home base major media market not look that bad for too long )

7-9 and 8-8 isn't really sucking. That's basically .500 ball and remember ,Giants got an SB on a 9-7 record. They aren't as good or as bad as you think Giants. And the Jets get a suck reputation but they've been decent record wise the last 10 years compared to a lot of teams

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
right ? Eli wins 2 SBs and then he is the worst QB ever for a year ? the fact is both teams don't suck ( at least as far as the NFL makes sure the home base major media market not look that bad for too long )

7-9 and 8-8 isn't really sucking. That's basically .500 ball and remember ,Giants got an SB on a 9-7 record. They aren't as good or as bad as you think Giants. And the Jets get a suck reputation but they've been decent record wise the last 10 years compared to a lot of teams

Are you drunk?

H

HardRightEdge

After reading all of these posts, I am now convinced. The NFL is fixed, top to bottom and beginning to end. I am now going to shoot myself.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't need to know how millionaires conduct their business.
And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, ends my participation in this discussion of one poster’s delusion. Goodell is at the center of it and when asked what possibly could motivate the main actor in his delusion, he has absolutely no answer. And (for the deluded, because the rest of us understand) here’s the reason why: There is no rational motivation for Goodell to orchestrate this conspiracy. And certainly no reason to believe he would risk his livelihood, reputation, and legacy as commissioner by enlisting a group of men he would have to believe to be unethical and corrupt in this unnecessary scheme.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in other words, none of you are football savvy enough to pay attention to my challenge. I don't need to know how millionaires conduct their business. I just know what I see in front of me is a lie. And I gave you the above challenge to see for yourself. why watch it ? games are manipulated and not fixed. The athletes still do spontaneous athletic things. Just now I am aware that a narrative is taking place and I will be interested how it develops.
I am however intelligent enough and world savvy enough to notice that this shill has no substance to it. You're just naming off events, from no earlier than 2000, and demanding that everyone come to the same conclusion that you have about the instances while offering nothing but statements affirming that your interpretation is the singular correct inference. No analysis whatsoever. And no; saying that Rex Grossman threw 20 INT's in 2006 and it's implausible for a D to be able to carry a team to a Super Bowl victory because of that singular statistic is not analysis. You really need to take some classes, learn what real research looks like and how to properly form a convincing argument. Fun fact, intelligent people have show a statistical propensity to not fall for ********, including cluts. I think you may wanna adjust your shot group on how you think of yourself, seems out of touch with reality.

Members online

Latest posts