Ahman Green

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahman has plenty of gas in the tank and I wouldn't be surprised to see them sign him to another deal. I doubt many other teams will give him a very long contract as he's on the other side of 30 now. He still runs very hard and I'll take a few fumbles considering the rest that he brings to the table!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
ameuret said:
Yeah, Favre throws interceptions... but, how do you know that the Receivers didn't run the wrong route.
No kidding... How many times have we seen Favre throwing up his hands and doing a "stare-down" at the WR? You could write a book with WR's who haven't studied the Play book properly.... :roll:

You are assuming that the WR was at fault because Favre gives them a dirty look. You don't show up your own teammates on the field. Ever!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are assuming that the WR was at fault because Favre gives them a dirty look.
Purely a guess. But I would be willing to bet 9 times out of 10 it's the receivers fault. Hell Favre probably helped write and choose most of the plays they use. I would doubt he is the one executing the play incorrectly.

swartzcatz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahmans Fumbling problem last year was all his fault for not listening to his coach and moving the ball to the outside of the play. He refused to make that simple adjustment when it could have saved a few of those fumbles and the opposing teams knew it. They keyed on it! He wasn't wearing those rubber elbow sleaves at all last year and still fumbled alot in the first half of the season. We do need Ahman, but he has to be a pro and learn from his mistakes on and off the field.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
You don't show up your own teammates on the field. Ever!
I think you have a few things mixed up here.....
Showing up your teammate on the field (to me) would include

• stepping in between you and the ball right when you're about to catch it
    pretending to "accidentally" trip you in the middle of a play
    avoiding protection factors when you need them, desparately....
Calling a Teammate "to task" for their mindless blunder when that play could make all the diff?

PRICELESS!

kemosabe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree IPBprez. I also think it is Brett Favre's job to let WR's know they didn't run the right route.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sure it Favre's job to let them know. He's a captain and leader of the team. He needs to inform people of what need to be corrected as well as encourage them to play well etc.

OP
OP
A

ameuret

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the problem with Green too is that a lot of times his fumbles come in the red zone and right when we are about to score and he killes drives for us.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahmon Green

IPBprez said:
Philtration said:
You don't show up your own teammates on the field. Ever!
I think you have a few things mixed up here.....
Showing up your teammate on the field (to me) would include

• stepping in between you and the ball right when you're about to catch it
    pretending to "accidentally" trip you in the middle of a play
    avoiding protection factors when you need them, desparately....
Calling a Teammate "to task" for their mindless blunder when that play could make all the diff?

PRICELESS!

I agree. Favre is probably not the cause most of the time but you take them to task away from the cameras all seeing eye. He is a gunslinger and has made his own share of bad decisions. You live by the sword and die by the sword. Could you imagine what would happen if one of his teammates got in his face for throwing a costly and ill advised pick?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got news for ya - When Brett screws up, he admits it "on camera"...

I've seen him do it countless times.... That errant forward pass over the scrimmage line last year is a great example... The man felt bad, I tell ya.... He was not happy with himself.

Let's hope Rex Grossman is as noble as Brett has shown himself to be.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahmon Green

IPBprez said:
I got news for ya - When Brett screws up, he admits it "on camera"...

I've seen him do it countless times.... That errant forward pass over the scrimmage line last year is a great example... The man felt bad, I tell ya.... He was not happy with himself.

Let's hope Rex Grossman is as noble as Brett has shown himself to be.

You are right. I do not ever recall him trying to blame a team mate for his own mistakes on camera or in print. I stand corrected.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wish we'd pass to Green more...That's all i'm thinkin about when I think of Green. It seems like two years ago we passed to Green quite often...Last year it seemed like we never did.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MajicMan said:
I just wish we'd pass to Green more...That's all i'm thinkin about when I think of Green. It seems like two years ago we passed to Green quite often...Last year it seemed like we never did.

yeah that screen pass was our bread and butter for a while. such a simple play but when it was called at the right time and executed like we did..it was good for huge gains. in some games it would work multiple times too.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree ameuret, I dont hope that Green fixes his problems, or I hope that he finds himself sitting on the bench, along with Carroll if he doesnt fix his penalty problems.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Ahmon Green

AG... is the best RB we have and as a lot of you guys I am more worried for his acts off field than about his fumbles, I hope he gets a good year that will help Favre to make wiser decisions whithout having to carry the whole weight of the team on his back only !!!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
kemosabe said:
I agree IPBprez. I also think it is Brett Favre's job to let WR's know they didn't run the right route.

He used to notify Billy Schroeder all the time. Remember those pelts to the back of his head?

Members online

Latest posts