Actually Glad Aaron Bombed.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think some of you miss understand what my original post was saying, or perhaps, I did not do a good enough job of posting it.

I did not want him to fail or get bombed and never get another chance. I think it is a good thing that he did... It was a lesson. I certainly did not want him to break his foot. In most cases you have to fail in life to succeed, and that is certainly true in the NFL as well.

The key is for almost every young QB to fail faster. Look at Troy Aikman's first year, Look at Smith for the 49ers... He has failed in biblical proportions but now is starting to jell.

The fact he had the opportunity to fail, when the team was already out of the game was good, and the fact it would stop a QB challenge was icing on the cake. I am a big fan of A-Rod. I think it would be the wrong thing to do to draft another first round QB. The KID HAS NOT BEEN GIVEN A CHANCE.

If you call yesterday a chance the way the Pats were blowing past our O-Line... Then you saw a different game than I did.

All of that is moot now though... The kid is done failing faster this year.

R.P.

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
he has GOT to have a great game against good teams for us to have a chance. The game plan was to go after their banged up secondary and Brett picked a day to not hit the broad side of a barn.

I agree. People were complaining GB passed. Even my Patriots buddy was pointing out how it was a good move cuz their DBs are all dead. And guys were getting open, especially GJ, but Favre was just off. Inconsistent play by a legend, and its sad to see him this way.

So, he's great the whole season, has one bad game because he's injured, and "the great one's skills are diminishing" :cane: You make no sense, dude.

I guess Rodgers was under pressure too, but Favre wasn't somehow behind the same rookie o-line?

Amazing.

:beersign:

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think some of you miss understand what my original post was saying, or perhaps, I did not do a good enough job of posting it.

I did not want him to fail or get bombed and never get another chance. I think it is a good thing that he did... It was a lesson. I certainly did not want him to break his foot. In most cases you have to fail in life to succeed, and that is certainly true in the NFL as well.

The key is for almost every young QB to fail faster. Look at Troy Aikman's first year, Look at Smith for the 49ers... He has failed in biblical proportions but now is starting to jell.

The fact he had the opportunity to fail, when the team was already out of the game was good, and the fact it would stop a QB challenge was icing on the cake. I am a big fan of A-Rod. I think it would be the wrong thing to do to draft another first round QB. The KID HAS NOT BEEN GIVEN A CHANCE.

If you call yesterday a chance the way the Pats were blowing past our O-Line... Then you saw a different game than I did.

All of that is moot now though... The kid is done failing faster this year.

R.P.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, he's great the whole season, has one bad game because he's injured, and "the great one's skills are diminishing" :cane: You make no sense, dude.

I guess Rodgers was under pressure too, but Favre wasn't somehow behind the same rookie o-line?

Amazing.

Hmmm. If you accuse someone of not making sense, you should probably make sense yourself.

Favre has not been great "the whole season." Trom said he's been inconsistent, which he has been. I didn't read the word "diminishing" anywhere in trom's post either. My God man, read the post before you try to insult.

That's why they call me the king, baby.

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, in another post he stated that Favre does not give the Packer's the best chance of winning out of the GB QB's. Try and keep up.

Who does? A third string D(Ingle-berry) from Furman?

That's laughable. Oh you're the King alright.

I just don't want to say of what in a family oriented forum such as this.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, in another post he stated that Favre does not give the Packer's the best chance of winning out of the GB QB's. Try and keep up.

Who does? A third string D(Ingle-berry) from Furman?

That's laughable. Oh you're the King alright.

I just don't want to say of what in a family oriented forum such as this.

King of Dancing? I've been called that before, but not because of my extensive football IQ; it was because I can bust a mean samba.

And attacks on my Ingle Martin will not be tolerated. If I wasn't such an advocate for peace and harmony I'd give you a stern talking to.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
warhawk said:
he has GOT to have a great game against good teams for us to have a chance. The game plan was to go after their banged up secondary and Brett picked a day to not hit the broad side of a barn.

I agree. People were complaining GB passed. Even my Patriots buddy was pointing out how it was a good move cuz their DBs are all dead. And guys were getting open, especially GJ, but Favre was just off. Inconsistent play by a legend, and its sad to see him this way.

So, he's great the whole season

Thats when I stopped reading. He hasn't been great all season, not even close. He has definitely had his favre moments, the moments that remind me(personally) why i love the guy, but 'great all season?' no.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats when I stopped reading. He hasn't been great all season, not even close. He has definitely had his favre moments, the moments that remind me(personally) why i love the guy, but 'great all season?' no.

He's not exactly the most tactful poster here

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mikegrubiak said:
tromadz said:
warhawk said:

So, he's great the whole season

Look at the sh*t Favre's been given to work with out there.

He's been given sh*t by TT, and he's turning it into Hamburger.

Take a bite.

What do you expect?

Miracles? :wtf: :kickcan:

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Take a bite.

What do you expect?

Driver is ****? Jennings is ****? The rock-solid O-Line is ****?

I don't follow

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Why all the *****ing? No one expected teh Packers to threaten for the Super Bowl or truly the playoffs. These loss's and mistakes were EXPECTED.

Pick yourself up, dust off and get ready to cheer for your team on Monday. This team is making progress and at times they take steps back. It is EXPECTED. Teams don't go from 4 - 12 and become a dynasty every year. It's getting better. Pay attention and you will notice it too.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An old coach of mine had a dilemma. The most popular guy on the team was also the QB. But over the course of the season it became clear he wasn't cutting the mustard, and his backup was making plays. The starter was shaken up in a game and the backup came in and propelled the team forward and we won.

Who started the next week? The former backup.

The coach called everyone together and said something enlightening.

"We're here to win football games, not win popularity contests".

In my view, regardless of Brett Favre's popularity or history, if he continues to play like he did against New England, someone else should get a shot.

Aaron Rodgers didn't do any better in his time, contrary to the story above.

But Packer fans have to realize that the goal is to win games.

Quite honestly, while the focus of Sunday's game was on the offense, it was the defense that gave up 35 points, not the offense. The offense didn't help, but you have a sense where this team is with home losses to Chicago and New England that produced zilch.

Brett(when he's on) gives the Packers a chance to score points, but the core problem of this team remains its defense.

"If they can't score, they can't beat you"- that also was said by my former coach.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why all the *****ing? No one expected teh Packers to threaten for the Super Bowl or truly the playoffs. These loss's and mistakes were EXPECTED.

Pick yourself up, dust off and get ready to cheer for your team on Monday. This team is making progress and at times they take steps back. It is EXPECTED. Teams don't go from 4 - 12 and become a dynasty every year. It's getting better. Pay attention and you will notice it too.

While I agree with the INTENT of you message...to look at this team at 4-6 with home shutout losses to New England and Chicago as 'getting better' might very well be stretching it a bit.

The Seahawks game will be a good measure. Seattle is beat up and struggling, but it will be a measuring stick against a pretty good team in the same conference. To date, they've beaten the Lions, Dolphins, Cardinals and Vikings(check their records) and they've lost to Chicago, New Orleans, Philadelphia, St. Louis, Buffalo and New England.

That is the real measuring stick whether this team is improving.

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

Take a bite.

What do you expect?

Driver is ****? Jennings is ****? The rock-solid O-Line is ****?

I don't follow

Rock solid O-Line Yared? :rotflmao:

Wow. That's really stretching it with three rookies, and since it's been established that Favre has been making them look better than they are by his quick reads and release. That won't happen with Aaron Rodgers or anyone else in there.

And Net, maybe you should get TT to talk to your old coach about fielding a winning team!

It's gonna be a long season. :beersign:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

Amazing.

Hmmm. If you accuse someone of not making sense, you should probably make sense yourself.

Favre has not been great "the whole season." Trom said he's been inconsistent, which he has been. I didn't read the word "diminishing" anywhere in trom's post either. My God man, read the post before you try to insult.

That's why they call me the king, baby.

You have to remember when our OL does well then Favre does well to, otherwise he has to get the ball out quickly and then bad things happen. When Favre is on the whole team is on, when something fails like the OL and the DF we dont have a chance. Again this dont always fall on the QB.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rock solid O-Line Yared? :rotflmao:

Wow. That's really stretching it with three rookies, and since it's been established that Favre has been making them look better than they are by his quick reads and release. That won't happen with Aaron Rodgers or anyone else in there.

And Net, maybe you should get TT to talk to your old coach about fielding a winning team!

It's gonna be a long season. :beersign:

Before you blindly through out stupid remarks you should really know your stuff.

In week 10 that Packers OL that you seem to have so much disdain for ranked 2nd in the league in sack rate. They gave up 11 sacks with a adjusted rate of 2.7%. The league average is 21 sacks given up at a 6.8% rate. They seem to be doing pretty well for themselves, agreed?

As of week 10 they ranked 8th in run blocking with 4.45yards per getting stuffed only 25% of the time.

Who cares if they're starting rookies? Talent is all that matters and that's what they have.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thank you for saving me a reply yared.

and favre is saving them by quick throws? its called the west coast offense....jesus christ, kid.

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
porky88 said:
I think it's a total shame that Rodgers is going to be hated because he has to follow a legend. I think it's a shame that people will root against him until Favre retires.

I don't understand that way of thinking at all.
Bears fans did not hate Neil Anderson for replacing Walter Payton.
Bulls fans did not hate Elton Brand for replacing Michael Jordan.
The Packers are not the first and only team to have their own legend retire and a lot of them are not doing a real good job of accepting the inevitable.

No one here would have hated Brian Urlacher if he did not turn out to be the next **** Butkus or Mike Singletary.
I doubt that Colts fans hate Peyton Manning because he plays the same position once held by Johnny Unitas.
Did Cowboy fans root against Emmett Smith because they loved Tony Dorsett?
It seems that there are some Packer fans who believe that the team should just close up shop once Favre is gone and that is weird at best.

Some people seem to put Brett Favre 1st and Green Bay Packers 2nd.

yes this is true... we need to think of the future and just like everyone says the o-line will develope in to a grate one with experience i belive this is the same for QB. Cant judge AR on 1 game against the Pats...

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts