Aaron Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:babe:

yay

i was waiting for depack, but 4packgirl works. :)

why are we arguing about a QB who is done for the year? Lets enjoy us some Favre\Ingle Martin!

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal66GreenBay,
i love ur passion to stick up for rodgers, its admirable. now lets be realistic with ur support when ur trying to use facts.

if this quote is true
Cal2GreenBay said:
Your opinion means nothing.
... well u know where im gonna go with this

I know where you'd go..and that's where I'd go.
My opion and yours and everyone elses's who hasn't played a down of NFL football can only offer an opinion.

I've played college football and have seen ARplay first hand at Berkeley not just at games but at practice, etc....so I have more than just a wayward opinion on the guy.

SO when I hear people in this forum spew this "fact"or that "fact" about stuff they don't know about regarding Aaron and his college playing days and the draft..and the 49ers ..it's laughable.

And when I point out the opposite, I'm the one being ignorant and not of facts.

1)DePack - Don't COMMENT on the 49ers draft and who favored who if you haven't had Bay Area ties and seen the real truth around here. Yes w/the internet you can get most information but not all. I gave you some stuff in the past posts so I won't repeat it again about sources..I won't make this a BIG post if possible.

2)ZeroCool - I made a gen statement about Brett. That's it. not more complicated than that. I don't need a bibliography when stating an OPINION right? Since my opinion doesn't matter as much as the next guy on the pro level of football..why the big hubub?

Again..if you all can make it out to the probowl...come by..have a drink and we'll discuss all this stuff in person. I'm sure all my 49er faithful buddies would LOVE to hear about DePack's RESEARCH.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay wants to make out...with ARod

and im jealous

ok class time, sorry for sillying up this thread....pray for me for the next 2 hours, since ill most likely miss most of this game. WAAHH!

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay wants to make out...with ARod

and im jealous

ok class time, sorry for sillying up this thread....pray for me for the next 2 hours, since ill most likely miss most of this game. WAAHH!

haha..only if Aaron brings his Tom Selleck moustache back

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"1)DePack - Don't COMMENT on the 49ers draft and who favored who if you haven't had Bay Area ties and seen the real truth around here. Yes w/the internet you can get most information but not all. I gave you some stuff in the past..I won't make this a BIG post if possible"

Bay area ties.......lmao. Big deal you live in the ***** capital of the world that doesn't mean dic*. I live in the Philly area and I don't claim to know everything about the eagles.

I'll make a deal with you Sandi. If I can come up with a legitimate source that claims MM rated Alex Smith ahead of Rodgers at the time of the draft, you give **** to trom at the pro bowl with the other members of your boys club watching at the pro bowl......deal?

That way we kill two birds with one stone. I prove you wrong AGAIN and trom quits begging!!!!

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"1)DePack - Don't COMMENT on the 49ers draft and who favored who if you haven't had Bay Area ties and seen the real truth around here. Yes w/the internet you can get most information but not all. I gave you some stuff in the past..I won't make this a BIG post if possible"

Bay area ties.......lmao. Big deal you live in the ***** capital of the world that doesn't mean dic*. I live in the Philly area and I don't claim to know everything about the eagles.

I'll make a deal with you Sandi. If I can come up with a legitimate source that claims MM rated Alex Smith ahead of Rodgers at the time of the draft, you give **** to trom at the pro bowl with the other members of your boys club watching at the pro bowl......deal?

That way we kill two birds with one stone. I prove you wrong AGAIN and trom quits begging!!!!

Wow..you contradict yourself too. You claim to not know everything about the Eagles but claim to know the draft ideas of the 49ers. You don't know your home team, so HOW can you know my home team?

For someone who likes to call San Francisco the ***** capital...it's funny how you like to make more gay references than anyone.

Hmmm..something we should know?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe comments like the above are suited better for the smack forum instead of general Packer Discussion.

Try and control yourself.

Cal2Pack don't provoke either.

Discuss the game in a civilized manner please.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. Depack really has no argument so he has to get classless.

He's from PHILLY afterall.

Reaction score
Starting now, no more going after posters.

Aaron Rodgers, discuss.

I don't care if you discuss what he's like between the sheets, just discuss something related to Rodgers. :)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
starting when? wait for it.....wait for it.....wait for it....NOW

cmon now, AADP, man up. Ban everyone but me.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Starting now, no more going after posters.

Aaron Rodgers, discuss.

I don't care if you discuss what he's like between the sheets, just discuss something related to Rodgers. :)

Back on topic - Aaron Rodgers

1) The 49ers.(brought up by Depack) McCarthy wanted Rodgers. Nolan wanted Smith and Owner John York picked Smith to not seem like a cheap owner because Smith's agent wanted 20 mill more than Rodgers (SJ Mercury News). 49ers personnel Chief Scott McCloughan said Rodgers would be a more solid pro.

McCarthy didn't like the regime in San Francisco(especially being overruled about Smith) and was looking to get out midseason. That's why the packer job was a savior for him. He also just worked with Smith cuz he had to..(if you recall Smith struggled w/the West Coast Offense..not as smart as people thought he was. Norv Turner's offense is throw long and run the ball..Ooh..real complicated)

(not the other way around as DePack points out w/Rodgers now..he loves Rodgers and you should see how he talks about him)

(even though Smith is doing well now, it's mainly because of Frank Gore. Even NFL scouts say that w/out Gore Smith looks ordinary at best..and when the game's on the line, they can't rely on Smith to be the game winner)

2)Rodgers - New England Game. (discussed w/Zerocool)
He was playin more conservative than Favre obviously and was trying not to turn the ball over. They played that still and then when the game got out of hand, Aaron tried to make things happen and did it on a broken foot. Playing smart for a young QB and heroicly w/a broken foot.

3)Rodgers - Pocket Presence. (various discussions)
In the Baltimore game, you guys said he didn't stay in the pocket long enough and ran for it. NOW you say he stays too long. Make up your mind on your complaint.

4)Brett Favre endorses Aaron Rodgers. (I brought this up)
You guys see it as a company line. If Brett really didn't like Rodgers he'd say "He has A CHANCE to make it" instead of "He absolutely can make it in the NFL". Simple as that. That's how "good" teammates would say it, w/out saying it.

That's it in an nutshell w/out all the flirting between u guys.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I guess Cal is saying no to my offer.

Here is the bottom line...I'm sorry the way I post offends some of you. That is why I don't post as much anymore. There are not many people here worth discussing football anymore.

Just keep ripping me since I embarass you....it really hurts.

As for the newbie from SF. I will type it one more time. Mike McCarthy favored Alex Smith over the china doll that can't play one half without getting hurt at the time of the draft.

You know I'm right and I can prove it to you based on his press conference after the draft, but I will only do it under one condition. If I'm wrong I leave and never post here again and if I'm right you promise to do the same. Once again put your money where your mouth is. I doubt you will agree to this because you know I'm right. You can make up all the BS you want about being or knowing a SF insider. You can't take the words back that MM said after the draft. You refused to take my last offer about trom so I'll try this. C'mon it's your chance to get rid of the biggest A-hole on the board (I hope I can't be banned for calling myself a name).

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
guess that can't happen porky, cus when Depack don't have any arguments left he loses his mind!

If we want to talk about losing minds we can go back to a few evenings of Gakkopalooza.....WOW!!

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I guess Cal is saying no to my offer.

Here is the bottom line...I'm sorry the way I post offends some of you. That is why I don't post as much anymore. There are not many people here worth discussing football anymore.

Just keep ripping me since I embarass you....it really hurts.

As for the newbie from SF. I will type it one more time. Mike McCarthy favored Alex Smith over the china doll that can't play one half without getting hurt at the time of the draft.

You know I'm right and I can prove it to you based on his press conference after the draft, but I will only do it under one condition. If I'm wrong I leave and never post here again and if I'm right you promise to do the same. Once again put your money where your mouth is. I doubt you will agree to this because you know I'm right. You can make up all the BS you want about being or knowing a SF insider. You can't take the words back that MM said after the draft. You refused to take my last offer about trom so I'll try this. C'mon it's your chance to get rid of the biggest A-hole on the board (I hope I can't be banned for calling myself a name).

Funny thing about DePack is that his Philly Classiness won't even allow him to make a straight comment, w/out hurling insults at the same time.

SO I'll play your game one last time.

DePack doesn't recall that there is the "towing the company line" comment that ZeroCool brought up. What exactly do you think the 49ers offensive coordinator is SUPPOSED to say about Rodgers AFTER they draft Smith? That doesn't make you right at all. It still makes you look more ignorant and unable to understand how PR works.

The real assessment of Rodgers from was BEFORE the draft..that's what his true feelings are. After McCarthy came back from Rodger's pro day..he said it was one of the most amazing passing displays he'd ever seen. He called Aaron a "gifted passer" and very gifted. He liked his quick release and his polished footwork. (these quotes were from Rich Gannon on the NFL network when covering the Tennessee preseason game this year).

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic...PGHIBR9F41.DTL&hw=Aaron+Rodgers&sn=010&sc=382
(one actual source of many about the pro day workout)

He spoke w/him and they hit it off too as player/coach
They both even said they felt they'd end up working together one day.

What do you McCarthy would SAY POST DRAFT? They have to put a positive spin on the pick they had and say WHY they picked him over the other. You think he's going to go to the post draft conference and say "ooh, I wanted Aaron but Mike here..wanted Smith..so I had to lose out". That would be classless to say and not tow the company line. But I guess you understand all about that.

McCarthy said he wanted to see more athleticism out of Rodgers in his post draft conference. He felt it was the system he was playing in college..that didn't showcase the athleticism that Aaron possesses.

And WHAT did McCarthy say when he arrived in Green Bay????

"Aaron Rodgers shows more athleticism and than people realize and I see it more from him now in Green Bay"

What did McCarthy say about Rodgers after the New England game?

"You guys can see the Athleticism that Aaron has and the TOUGHNESS that he has playing through pain"

You call Rodgers a china doll for playing w/a broken foot. You would cry breaking your nail....the classlessness you have to question a player who risks his own health to help is team.

You don't see how you embarass YOURSELF DePack. It's hilarious.

Put my money where MY mouth is? Your statement is bogus and there's nothing to bet. I had an open invitation for you to call the press here in San Jose and call them and tell them about the Mike McCarthy press conference.

Obviously that was too SCAREY for you to try.

Again...bring your sweet self to hawaii and explain your interesting theories and how RIGHT you are to my 30 buddies who also played college football and avg about 250 lbs and 6'4" and don't like smart talking guys from philly who claim to know about their home team when he's in Philly.

That's my last statement w/you DePack. You can hurl more insults to get attention to yourself..but it'll die down and not matter..as does your opinion.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So again...you decline. I have his press conference downloaded ready to go, if you'll accept my bet, I'll share it with all. It only requires a one word answer.....YES...or NO.

Hey I love the stuff about your 6'4" 250 lb buddies who also played "college football". That's pretty funny. Oh wait.......that was a threat? If you really played any kind of college football you wouldn't have to repeat it a half dozen times.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're offering to leave the forum for good DePack..why are you asking for permission or a bet? If you want to go..then go.

You want people to throw a party for you? Man that's sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts