A call to arms Packers fans

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez, most apt's out here look like NATO with all the dishes on them. BTW I just drove back a friend from Minny last weekend to So. CA. Plenty of apts there too with all the dishes.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes!!
There are 2 different TV networks than usual, in the mix of NFL football coverage and NBC is back, but on Sunday night. And NFLN , National Football league Network on cable and Satellite is on Thursday nite and or Saturday. A change , ESPN will feature Monday NIght Football at 7:30 pm CT, instead of ABC this year.

Here is the complete TV coverage of NFL Football games for 2006

Fox -will still carry National Football Conferance package at 12 noon CT and 3 pm on Sunday CT. Most packer games are involved.

CBS --American Football Conference package; 12 noon CT and 3 pm Sunday CT. Two Packer home games involved. Jets at GB - noon CT and Patriots at GB noon CT are on CBS

NBC prime time package: 7:15 pm CT - No Packer games involved on NBC this year.

ESPN- Monday night Football 7:30 pm CT . Three Packer games involved : regular season games :packers at Philadelphia & Packers at Seattle; and a pre season game with Packers at Cinncinati. --CBS channel 5 WFRV Green Bay will be the local station carrying ESPN MNF in Green BAy. I don't know which local MILwaukee channel is carrying MNF

NFL Network ; late season package: 8 games; 7 pm CT Thursday and or Saturday (local stations to be determined) earnings going toward paying for NFLN . One Packer game involved Vikings at Lambeau Field -7 pm CT on Thursday Dec 21. local TV stations in GB and Milw will carry this game.

Direct TV: Sunday Ticket Satelilite package; noon CT and 3pm CT.

This is basically the NFL TV program for six years. After six years, However the NFLN could very well detemine shape of viewing NFL games for years to come.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well in 6 years i'll hopefully have a good enough job as to where i can afford to cover all my bases and get all the games!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
well in 6 years i'll hopefully have a good enough job as to where i can afford to cover all my bases and get all the games!
Move away from North Dakota than Bozz. When you get married and tied down with kids, you look forward to those expensive Sunday afternoons at the bar.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my area I have to pay double my cable rate to get the NFL network and throw in a lot of stupid movie channels. This is intentionally done incrementally to slowly get the network carried and then move more programming to it.

Perhaps you've noticed over the years that the fans in the stands are no longer Dad's with their children and couples but businesses writing off tickets on the expense accounts.

The folks in LA get along fine without football. You don't see LA Rams getting guest appearnces on television shows like they did with Rosie Greer, Fred Dryer, and Merlin Olsen.

If you start losing kids as your audience/fans over time you lose revenues.

It could be in the future that football is an old man's sport like baseball and horse racing.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, i'm about as "rural" as you get & even i get NFL network on directv! i'm clueless as to what package we had to order to get it but we have it & that's all that matters to me!! i'm lovin the "shout out" to the farmers, RP!! wish we were a little better appreciated more often but we'll take what we can get!! :wink: people need to remember that while any other business can raise their prices to offset the rising cost of doing business, farmers have to take what the markets allow them. we have NO way of passing on rising costs to anyone so we take it on the cheek over & over again. geez, i hope that's not too political for the site - i know it's WAY off the original subject. man, i need to get off my soap box!! :lol: :lol:

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eh if you want to get technical, subsidies are there to take the sting out of it. Most businesses dont get paid by the government to keep their prices down.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Eh if you want to get technical, subsidies are there to take the sting out of it. Most businesses dont get paid by the government to keep their prices down.

don't get technical with me, superrat unless you really KNOW what you're talking about!! :wink: when's the last time you put a plow in the field...oh wait - don't answer that!! :oops: :wink:

back to the subsidies...yes, the gov't helps us out - the problem is they also help out the BIG farmers who don't really need it. thusly, the BIG farmers eek out the little farmers one by one. it's a shame, that's all. :(

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ten years ago, Northwest airlines got a large subsidy from MN. to build a maintenance base in Duluth, and promised in return to keep the place running full for 30 years.

It's sitting empty, with most of their work done overseas or contracted out.
Duluth is on the hook for a large tax bill and can't find any buyers.

Gotta love that corporate welfare.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:
Ten years ago, Northwest airlines got a large subsidy from MN. to build a maintenance base in Duluth, and promised in return to keep the place running full for 30 years.

That's what happens when you elect a professional wrassler as your Governor! :wink:

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
vikefan said:

That's what happens when you elect a professional wrassler as your Governor! :wink:
Actually, this happened before Jessie took office.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
I wish they would do the a la carte cable thing already. You choose the channels you want and you pay for them and them only. I for sure wouldn't get home shopping channels or televangelist channels or home and garden television or E! tv or any crap i never watch.

:roll: An idea that should find its place sooner then later. Then I'd gladly cough up a few bucks whenever the Pack plays, and hopefully it can be done without all the insnae advertising and talking sideline heads. AGGGH!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but unless legislation is passed REQUIRING cable companies to offer a la carte services it will never, repeat never, happen.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Super Bowl 50 to be on Pay-Per View.

The Super Bowl is the most watched event on TV all year. They make more money off Super Bowl advertising revenues than they ever will off subscriber fees for a single game. The reason that they can charge so much for Super Bowl advertising is because it is broadcast on national television, and the companies buying the advertising slots know they are going to reach the largest target audience. If the Super Bowl was broadcast on pay-per-view TV, there would be less people watching it and advertising revenues would decline as a direct result. This alone would put considerably less money in the NFL's pockets.

You will never see a pay-per-view Super Bowl.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
are you tellin me theres a communications company in canada called

Rogers Digital Cable.... that sounds hilarious to me for some reason.

It's actually Rogers Communications. Rogers cable is their regular cable package, and Rogers Digital Cable is just the digital aspect of their business. Rogers Cable is Canada's largest cable television provider, providing high-speed internet, digital cable, VoIP service and video retailing.

Rogers Cable

Packnic said:
anyway the canadian dollar is pretty strong right now so things should be pretty close to the states... but 35 dollars for a case of beer :shock: :shock: makes me sick to my stomach. forget the cable companies... if i was canadian id be protesting beer prices... thats like prohibition....id revolt

at those prices i wouldnt drink beer ... id build a cellar and racks and keep it for special occassions only.

Tell me about it. That's what you get when you live in one of the highest taxed countries in the world. :roll:

GO PACK!!!!

Robert C. Hedley

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Packnic said:
are you tellin me theres a communications company in canada called

Rogers Digital Cable.... that sounds hilarious to me for some reason.

It's actually Rogers Communications. Rogers cable is their regular cable package, and Rogers Digital Cable is just the digital aspect of their business. Rogers Cable is Canada's largest cable television provider, providing high-speed internet, digital cable, VoIP service and video retailing.

Rogers Cable

Packnic said:
anyway the canadian dollar is pretty strong right now so things should be pretty close to the states... but 35 dollars for a case of beer :shock: :shock: makes me sick to my stomach. forget the cable companies... if i was canadian id be protesting beer prices... thats like prohibition....id revolt

at those prices i wouldnt drink beer ... id build a cellar and racks and keep it for special occassions only.

Tell me about it. That's what you get when you live in one of the highest taxed countries in the world. :roll:

GO PACK!!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Time to reverse the prohibition runs. Wouldn't you know I have an old underground still just a block up the hill and know we could make some real money running beer into Canada.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts