tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
tromadz said:
Barber\Kelly
Taylor\Townsend
Hobbs\Samuel

But that's me looking at it objectively and NOT basing it on career stats, but looking at their play THIS year.

But I'm sure I'm just hungover. Right. Bar None.

That was a joke right? Taylor/Townsend and Hobbs/Samuel?? Have another screwdriver :)

tromadz get real, why are you cutting me down for stating an opinion that is widely recognized around this league. I guarantee you ask gm's around this league and theyll tell you how good this duo is.

We play bump and run, hence the penalties.

C wood and Al Harris are still both caliber CB's bottom line

da_real_deal, look at the pass defenses and the numbers they allow. genius.

brennan, "still both caliber Cb's bottom line" doesn't make sense. So...yeah.

You guys can live in the past all you want, but Harris and Woodson are not playing like they did last year. It's awesome to say "We have the best CB duo in the league" but we don't. Not with the way they're playing now. I hope they turn it around.

Also, look at the running diary in my sig and see how many times I noticed harris or woodson messing up. That's me NOTICING. Doesn't even count what I missed.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever i mean, were they supposed to be the best? Nope. Are they Deion Sanders & Rod Woodson? Nope. They are pretty damn good considering the scheme we run and their quality exceeds or is near any tandem in the league. I can live with that. Nuff said.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nleidigh319 said:
the best corner team is bly and bailey and woodson and harris close behind its hard to tell because of the way the packers run there defence

Remember that our corners play without much safety help and with a below average nickelback. The refs really made some horrible calls last night (thanks to Stokely's acting)

Here's the break down.

Woodson and Harris are the best press-corner duo in the league.

Bly and Bailey are the best cover corner-duo in the league.

Barber and Kelly play in the cover two, and are probably the best zone-corner duo in the league.

Samuel and Hobbs play with the best offense in the league and probably the the best defense. Opposing quarterbacks have little time and throw a lot of lame ducks when there teams start losing to the Pats.

Our CB's are not perfect.

Harris cannot play zone very well. That is when he gives up the most receptions.

Woodson's major issue seems to be tackling and not slipping.

very well put miler time, i dont think anyone could have summed up this ridiulous argument any better!!!!

applause applause applause

:)

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Woodson has given up how many TD's this year?

Harris has given up how many TD's this year?

How many times have they gotten beat? A lot. More than someone of their caliber should. How many times have they had penalties called on them? Once again, more than should be expected by them.

I hope they turn it up like last year, and destroy people.

How many big gains or TD's have they given up? Look what happened to Bly and Champ last night. You can't discount how big it is to have CB's that don't give up big plays and keep WR's out of the endzone.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Does anyone know how we can figure out how many plays over, say, 20 yards each Woodson and Harris have given up along with points?

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know how we can figure out how many plays over, say, 20 yards each Woodson and Harris have given up along with points?

id like to know myself, are you talking in thier careers or just this season

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing that has left me impressed is the last 2 games I thought our D looked horrible,especially in the first half ,but by the end of the game you realized they didn't give up many points. I believe in the last 2 2nd halves we've only givin up 6 points. So ya our D can definatly imrove but in the end if we're only giving up 13 points a game they must be doing something right. Only thing is there will be better offences coming up so hopefully we fix some issues

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that our entire secondary needs to step up and create some turnovers.

We have 6 INTS this year and only 2 are by our secondary.

Popinga and Hawk definately need to step it up. I saw Brady doing what looked to be a ballerina twirl downfield when Young broke off that 45 yd run. Hawk has turned into the invisible man. I have noticed some bad coverage on his part, but I expect to hear his name alot more this year.

I also would like to see a little better return game. It seems we are lacking in that department and giving our offense a long field.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say if the Packers develop a running game they can be a very dangerous team. I don't know how good. I don't want to speculate quite yet but the only thing I see holding this team back is a running game. If those players step it up then good things will happen.

nleidigh319

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nleidigh319 said:
the best corner team is bly and bailey and woodson and harris close behind its hard to tell because of the way the packers run there defence

Remember that our corners play without much safety help and with a below average nickelback. The refs really made some horrible calls last night (thanks to Stokely's acting)

Here's the break down.

Woodson and Harris are the best press-corner duo in the league.

Bly and Bailey are the best cover corner-duo in the league.

Barber and Kelly play in the cover two, and are probably the best zone-corner duo in the league.

Samuel and Hobbs play with the best offense in the league and probably the the best defense. Opposing quarterbacks have little time and throw a lot of lame ducks when there teams start losing to the Pats.

Our CB's are not perfect.

Harris cannot play zone very well. That is when he gives up the most receptions.

Woodson's major issue seems to be tackling and not slipping.

cant really argue with that

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

Just this season. I have some resources, but just too lazy to look it up.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brennan1884 said:
Zero2Cool said:

Just this season. I have some resources, but just too lazy to look it up.

I don't know the 20 yards one but from what I had read, Harris gave up one touchdown and that was to Vincent Jackson. Woodson has yet to give one up. I believe it was in the USA Today article posted. I could be wrong.

I remember reading that the Burress touchdown was more on the safeties than the corner. Looking back on the play that seems like a pretty good assessment.

Members online

Latest posts