2022 week 18 pre-game thread: Rematch with the Lions

D

Deleted member 6794

Thanks for the credit, but I'm not that astute... must've been someone else. DL's & LB's need to apply A LOT of pressure to Goff for the D to succeed Sunday night.

Guilty lol

Sorry, my bad. It was @swhitset you pointed it out.

Goff is a completely different player outside that dome; he is historically and notoriously bad in the cold.

You're right that Goff hasn't been great in games played in which the temperature at kickoff was below 40 degrees. In 12 such games he has completed 54.3% of his pass attempts and thrown only 12 touchdowns. His passer rating of 77.6 is significantly below his career average as well.

One thing though, he doesn't turn the ball in those games either though, having thrown only seven interceptions.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
It’s interesting, when watching his #95 they seem to run away from him a lot. I’m sure it’s just by chance. Most plays he was a kinda a non factor altogether.

A Remember seeing Wyatt blow his guy 2 yards into the backfield on one play and it clogged things so much that Cook just ran into a bunch of 315lb bodies for zero gain. Those are plays you get no stat, but it’s really a shared stop.

We certainly didn’t seem to regress without Dean Lowry. I’m not saying he’s bad, just not that much better than his replacement yesterday.

The only 1 thing I’ll say is Wyatt seems to get chippy with his guy a lot outside the play, rather than applying that aggression purposeful in a meaningful way. He needs to raise his game some and avoid a possible penalty scrapping outside the play.
Dean Lowry is not a good football player. It is definitely the case of addition by subtraction. It was the same with Rodgers and Nixon. I've said this before, but why can't the coaches see what the fans clearly see and clamor about? I get we are not at practice, but I've complained about Lowry for years now. He is a jersey filler at best. I don't know the guy personally, and I don't wish injury on anyone, but it's good to see Wyatt, Reed, and Slaton out there more.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why can't the coaches see what the fans clearly see and clamor about?
Good question. But here we are and we are looking good. Would like to see Toure thrown in the mix.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions and viqueen fans always blame the refs!! They could get beat 90-0 and still be the refs fault!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well this is a dumb comment
Yeah I think historically, it's been Lions' ownership who have hated the Lions. How many years was Matt Millen GM, in spite of knowing nothing about how to build a team? And then recently there's Matt Patricia. Yikes! The Lions don't have to fear the refs as much as their owners.

Although I will admit, Dan Campbell was a good choice. The Packers have a real challenge ahead Sunday night. I mean the Packers will still win. The Lions aren't a "gimme" anymore.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Lions are proving to be a good disciplined team. Their H.C. should be getting some C.O.T.Y. mentions to be sure.

One thing is for sure, Rodgers won't be throwing three interceptions - two in the freepin' red zone. I mean, he played like he shut his brain off. So...take it from there.

It was an embarrassment. The Lions de-pants-ed the Packers that day. If they're not focused, the Lions will take them down.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_8190.jpg
    IMG_8190.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 95

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I got the day off from the firehouse. Last minute trade of shifts. Here’s my question and I know it’s a crappy one since most of you don’t live in Chicago. (Lucky motherfukers) I do. Any place I can go besides the comfort of my own home and if they **** up I don’t go to jail for destruction of property? Lmao! Would love to drive to Wisconsin but the wife has to work in the morning and they made it prime time.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I think historically, it's been Lions' ownership who have hated the Lions. How many years was Matt Millen GM, in spite of knowing nothing about how to build a team? And then recently there's Matt Patricia. Yikes! The Lions don't have to fear the refs as much as their owners.

Although I will admit, Dan Campbell was a good choice. The Packers have a real challenge ahead Sunday night. I mean the Packers will still win. The Lions aren't a "gimme" anymore.
Oh I agree with everything you’ve said, just think his ref comment is a bad bait and don’t belong here.

D

Deleted member 6794

Dean Lowry is not a good football player. It is definitely the case of addition by subtraction. It was the same with Rodgers and Nixon. I've said this before, but why can't the coaches see what the fans clearly see and clamor about? I get we are not at practice, but I've complained about Lowry for years now. He is a jersey filler at best. I don't know the guy personally, and I don't wish injury on anyone, but it's good to see Wyatt, Reed, and Slaton out there more.

While Lowry hasn't performed up to the contract he signed in my opinion he's not a terrible player. I agree the defense doesn't miss a beat with Slaton and Wyatt receiving more snaps though.

So I got the day off from the firehouse. Last minute trade of shifts. Here’s my question and I know it’s a crappy one since most of you don’t live in Chicago. (Lucky motherfukers) I do. Any place I can go besides the comfort of my own home and if they **** up I don’t go to jail for destruction of property? Lmao! Would love to drive to Wisconsin but the wife has to work in the morning and they made it prime time.

According to Packers Everywhere there are a few Packers bars in Chicago. You can search for them at https://www.packerseverywhere.com/find-a-bar/Index

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean, how many wins do the refs need to giftwrap your Packers before you all admit the obvious?
Sorry, but that’s just silly. The Packers have been plagued by penaltes much of the season and haven’t been handed many gifts (PI calls in particular), at least not by the officials. Can you cite some examples?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Brat stop in kenosha

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts