2011 NFL Draft: Round 2, Pick 32, Overall 64 - Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really happy about this pick! A returner was one of the positions on my wish list!!! This will help us with special teams and help us gain good field pos!!! :) That was worth the wait, T.T.! Good eye! :happy0005:

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
From Jay Glazer's Twitter - "Also, pick of kentucky wr randall cobb...The 1 guy every single coach and GM said is the single greatest kid to have in locker room in draft"

And I've heard that Sherrod was a great guy, hard worker and 4.0 GPA in grad school.

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhgaIWWh0QE]YouTube - Randall Cobb Great play(s) against Auburn[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqU0OVh8O1Q]YouTube - Randall Cobb 50 yard punt return for a touchdown. UK 63 WKU 28 9/11/10[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mheTVNyAhp4]YouTube - Randall Cobb with the game winning TD against Auburn[/ame]

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
it may be a year till he is a consistent receiver for us (see starks) but he can make an impact as a returner that doesnt require knowing as much.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
it may be a year till he is a consistent receiver for us (see starks) but he can make an impact as a returner that doesnt require knowing as much.

Normally takes three years for a WR to shine. You're right about an instant impact as a returner though.

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so happy we took Randall Cobb. This was a dream pick of mine coming into the draft. He can do it all. He played WR, RB, QB, and returner in college. He was good at everything and a menace in the open field. We are set with pass catchers for a long time. Ted Thompson is a genius.

To top it off, I went to grade school in the 4th and 5th grade where Cobb grew up! He was a year or 2 younger than me but we went to the same school. My neighbor played on his midget football team.
This is a VERY EXCITING day for me. Packers got a lot better by taking a plyer I went to school with.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Oh yeah and screw the Lions taking all these good players in the draft

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I'm so happy we took Randall Cobb. This was a dream pick of mine coming into the draft. He can do it all. He played WR, RB, QB, and returner in college. He was good at everything and a menace in the open field. We are set with pass catchers for a long time. Ted Thompson is a genius.

To top it off, I went to grade school in the 4th and 5th grade where Cobb grew up! He was a year or 2 younger than me but we went to the same school. My neighbor played on his midget football team.
This is a VERY EXCITING day for me. Packers got a lot better by taking a plyer I went to school with.

Oh yeah and screw the Lions taking all these good players in the draft
Lions keep drafting offensive players but they dont have an offensive line

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers bite on Cobb in run on skill guys

As the second round of the draft wound down Friday night, the offensive skill players started disappearing from the board. The Packers remained patient, then added to that run at the ?glamour spot...

Source: Packers.com

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2010, Cobb set the Southeastern Conference season record for all-purpose yards with 2,396, breaking the previous mark of 2,310 yards by Darren McFadden of Arkansas (2007)

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Percy Harvin, Dexter mcluster?? Lol a poor mans version of them maybe. A slow and small kick returner in the second round? Questionable but tt knows best

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Percy Harvin, Dexter mcluster?? Lol a poor mans version of them maybe. A slow and small kick returner in the second round? Questionable but tt knows best
He's not slow.

He has average top-end speed, but he's explosive.

And kick returner was one of our biggest needs. Has been for years, imo.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not slow.

He has average top-end speed, but he's explosive.

And kick returner was one of our biggest needs. Has been for years, imo.

Most in his size range have elite speed. second round is a bit of a stretch for an average speed returner no? No doubt we need a returner but I feel like that's the easiest spot to fill. But only time will tell I hope the kid works out. We have a dynasty brewing ppl. I just think we coulda done alot more than a returner in the second but I've learned my lesson doubting tt so I'll just be happy with it :)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score