Packers Official Schedule For 2024

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that it is 5 national broadcasts this season. There are the four in a row starting with Thanksgiving, and then Week 1 in Brazil is the 5th game. Of course, any of the three after Thanksgiving could be flexed out, so tough to use the word guaranteed.
I wasn't counting that damned pay-per-view game on Peacock, because quite a lot of us are going to miss that one. I know I sure am, unless my wife works some sort of ubergeekmistress streaming magic (which, I guess, she'll probably do).

Actually, though, if we have the kind of season most of us expect, it's likely we'll get flexed into some prime time games the last few weeks, so I guess there's that. Just feels odd knowing I may not see a single Packer game until Thanksgiving. The nearest bar is 45 miles away.

And Rodgers will have played 6 national, prime-time games by that time.

I guess for those of us who live out of state, this is just the way it's going to be for a couple of years - just like when Aaron was first coming up. First couple of years with Rodgers, nobody cared much about Green Bay except Packer fans, but by the end of the 2010 season, we were the hottest team on TV. Many years, I saw as many as 12 or 13. It'll probably be the same way with Love as he pays his dues.

Oh, I just remembered. If I don't drive down to Music City for the Titans game, that'll probably be my regional game. They're just 200 miles down the street from me.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't counting that damned pay-per-view game on Peacock, because quite a lot of us are going to miss that one. I know I sure am, unless my wife works some sort of ubergeekmistress streaming magic (which, I guess, she'll probably do).

Actually, though, if we have the kind of season most of us expect, it's likely we'll get flexed into some prime time games the last few weeks, so I guess there's that. Just feels odd knowing I may not see a single Packer game until Thanksgiving. The nearest bar is 45 miles away.

I guess for those of us who live out of state, this is just the way it's going to be for a couple of years - just like when Aaron was first coming up. First couple of years with Rodgers, nobody cared much about Green Bay except Packer fans, but by the end of the 2010 season, we were the hottest team on TV. Many years, I saw as many as 12 or 13. It'll probably be the same way with Love as he pays his dues.

Oh, I just remembered. If I don't drive down to Music City for the Titans game, that'll probably be my regional game. They're just 200 miles down the street from me.
We lived in CA from 2000 to 2018 and I subscribed to NFL Sunday Ticket. It was always expensive, but always worth it. I don't know if that is still available. The streaming services broadcast some games now, primarily Monday and Thursday night games. It's possible to see any game you want, I think. You just have to pay up. What else is new........

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lived in CA from 2000 to 2018 and I subscribed to NFL Sunday Ticket. It was always expensive, but always worth it. I don't know if that is still available. The streaming services broadcast some games now, primarily Monday and Thursday night games. It's possible to see any game you want, I think. You just have to pay up. What else is new........
I don't have to see any game that bad. Unless they start putting games on Tubi I'm going to have to go somewhere to watch them and I just don't care enough anymore. There was a time when missing a Packer game put me in bad mood for days but when my nephews started playing youth football on Sundays suddenly the. NFL just didn't seem so important. If I'm not working I'll go over to my sister's house to watch Packer/Bear games (they are Bears fans) or maybe a primetime Packer game if the Packers and Bears aren't playing at the same time but other than that I don't watch much.

All that to just to say that the new developments with streaming and pay networks won't really affect me personally but I still think it sucks for people who do still care.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have to see any game that bad. Unless they start putting games on Tubi I'm going to have to go somewhere to watch them and I just don't care enough anymore. There was a time when missing a Packer game put me in bad mood for days but when my nephews started playing youth football on Sundays suddenly the. NFL just didn't seem so important.
I get to see most games, it seems, but for ones I don't, I am usually able to follow along on ESPN Gamecast, or sometimes WTMJ is coming in on the radio (I'm in Indiana). It's not like watching a game, but it gets me by.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't one always find a bar that shows all the games?
I'm pretty sure that's true. In bigger cities like NYC and Chicago, there are usually local bars that follow one team. There may not be a "Packer" bar in Chicago (maybe???), but I'm sure there is one in NYC, Los Angeles, and on. I lived near DC for a while and there were bars for every team where you could see the game.

The NFL has a hugely popular product, and it seems to get more popular every year. And the guys at the NFL are experts at monetizing their product.

But this has always been true. "Free" games are really paid for by the advertisers. This is America and, for now, capitalism still reigns. As for the move to international games, well money is the universal language.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Youtube TV I believe advertises the Sunday Ticket.
I just realized the Packers are hosting a Thanksgiving game. Have they done that before?
"The last time Lambeau Field played host on Thanksgiving was in 2015 when the Packers submitted a special request to the NFL to host the Chicago Bears as a way to honor Brett Favre, who had his No. 4 retired at halftime."
Really cold steady rain. I was doing concessions for that game. No one came out to the food stands at halftime. I was able to stand in an entrance and watch. Afterwards everyone just left.
"The only other game played in Green Bay on Thanksgiving was a 1923 matchup between the Packers and the Hammond Pros, though that wasn't even at Lambeau Field. It was a Thanksgiving home game for the Packers on Nov. 29, 1923, at City Stadium."
Not even my grandparents could make this one.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...g_with_a_rare_twist_in_2024/s1_13132_40367911

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"The last time Lambeau Field played host on Thanksgiving was in 2015 when the Packers submitted a special request to the NFL to host the Chicago Bears as a way to honor Brett Favre, who had his No. 4 retired at halftime."
Really cold steady rain. I was doing concessions for that game. No one came out to the food stands at halftime. I was able to stand in an entrance and watch. Afterwards everyone just left.
"The only other game played in Green Bay on Thanksgiving was a 1923 matchup between the Packers and the Hammond Pros, though that wasn't even at Lambeau Field. It was a Thanksgiving home game for the Packers on Nov. 29, 1923, at City Stadium."
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...g_with_a_rare_twist_in_2024/s1_13132_40367911
Thanks. Yeah YouTube took the Sunday ticket from DirectTV, or rather was willing to pay what the NFL wanted. In all the years I had it, it was worthwhile. I think it was $249 or $299 for the season, but that was well over 10 years ago.

I just had to get used to the Packers noon CT games being on at 10am CA time. Too early to have a beer. Well, some of the time......

Last edited:

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wow; never knew all that. That was a fantastic piece of historical trivia on about 3-5 levels. Loved it, thank you.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some weird choices there... Packers only have 4 guaranteed national broadcasts all season (TH/SUN/MON night), and all 4 of them are in a row. I'm not sure how many games I'm going to get a look at here in Kentucky, although I'm sure they'll be a hot enough team this year that the networks are going to want to get them on the air at least a couple of nights.

Never saw a team draw 2 Thursday night games in a row before.

Oh, wow! Just checked the calendar for the Ryman Auditorium on Tennessee weekend, and it looks as though I am going to see the Beach Boys!!!! Yay!!

Or however many of them are still alive 4 months from now... God, I love the Ryman. My favorite live music venue in the world, with the possible exception of the Hollywood Bowl. So much history... I sit and wonder who was in that seat the day Bill Monroe first introduced bluegrass music to the world in 1945, or Johnny Cash first met June Carter, or Hank Williams played his first set, then snuck across the alley to the back door of Tootsie's and got drunk. After a while, the bartender said, "hey ain't you supposed to be playing across the alley"? Williams said, "well, they don't serve whiskey over there".

After a half hour, the Ryman stage manager finally came looking for him, and found him playing a solo set (bombed out of his mind) for the customers at Tootsie's. Stage manager banned him for life, on the spot. Hank Williams never played the Ryman again.

I've got a lot of good memories of the Ryman.
Great story! Love it!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rodgers, for all his weirdness, or maybe because of it, is still a big national draw. I will say I'm interested in what this Jets "miracle" team will do.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The story is true to a point. I remember my Dad telling me that for two years, the Packers played at Bellevue Park. It was outside the city, in Preble. I think this is one of the facts that kind of gets lost in the shuffle. Interestingly enough, as my Dad told me, the attendance was darned good out there, and being by the Hagemiester Brewery made it kind of "nostalgic" for a lot of the players and fans. ;)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah YouTube took the Sunday ticket from DirectTV, or rather was willing to pay what the NFL wanted. In all the years I had it, it was worthwhile. I think it was $249 or $299 for the season, but that was well over 10 years ago.

I just had to get used to the Packers noon CT games being on at 10am CA time. Too early to have a beer. Well, some of the time......
My eldest moved home and got Dirctv. He got Sunday ticket free or really cheap ($40?) the first year. Second year he went to cancel it and he got it cheap again. Third year Covid hit and they basically just gave it to us. The multiple games on one screen was where we watched most of the non-Packer games. There and the red-zone channel.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My eldest moved home and got Dirctv. He got Sunday ticket free or really cheap ($40?) the first year. Second year he went to cancel it and he got it cheap again. Third year Covid hit and they basically just gave it to us. The multiple games on one screen was where we watched most of the non-Packer games. There and the red-zone channel.
Those were some very cool features Sunday Ticket added - the multi-game stream and the Red Zone alert. Good for your son for getting a great rate, and then getting it for free. A good negotiator!

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those were some very cool features Sunday Ticket added - the multi-game stream and the Red Zone alert. Good for your son for getting a great rate, and then getting it for free. A good negotiator!
It was pretty much a slam dunk if you just knew how to dial the DirecTV phone number that you could get it for free. Did this all the time.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score

Will he though? I'm not sure he makes another full season in his career. We cut bait at the right time. He's 40 years old and does not have an offensive line like Tom Brady had to keep him upright.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was pretty much a slam dunk if you just knew how to dial the DirecTV phone number that you could get it for free. Did this all the time.
First time I've heard of this. I wish I had known..... But either way, it was a good product, especially when they added the screen showing all the games in progress and the Red Zone.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First time I've heard of this. I wish I had known..... But either way, it was a good product, especially when they added the screen showing all the games in progress and the Red Zone.
Will he though? I'm not sure he makes another full season in his career. We cut bait at the right time. He's 40 years old and does not have an offensive line like Tom Brady had to keep him upright.
He was slowing down when he was here. In his prime, he could get out of a lot of sack situations, and he was great creating stuff on the fly.

Even the sack where he tore his achilles, a younger Rodgers would have gotten out of that.

We'll see what this season brings. I thought the Jets had improved the O line in the offseason.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That used to be a common ploy that worked with a lot of service companies but lately many have just been saying OK, thanks for playing.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That used to be a common ploy that worked with a lot of service companies but lately many have just been saying OK, thanks for playing.
Agree. The "Well, if you can't do better, I will just go elsewhere" used to be a sure way to get a deal. Now, its about a 50/50 proposition at best. The closer you get to the person handling the money, the easier it is to get a discount. The small part time bean counters don't seem to care, they just want to hurry on to their next call of the day.

Bingo_Arms

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the primetime games but to be a bit nitpicky, I wish they were more spread out. That said, always nice to be in a feature slot with no competition for eyeballs.

Really cool to see them hosting the late game on Thanksgiving.

Also, apologies if it was mentioned, but really like the idea of having both Miami and New Orleans late in the season at home. Hopefully the games are a bit chilly!

Members online

Latest posts