Breaking Down the NFC North, 2024

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers offense has so much going for it. The only if for me is to see how well the O line plays. Otherwise they have excellent players all around. Going to be fun to watch. That is if you all can get over all the money they are making off of us. So I'm thinking Jordan is going to continue to show poise and should throw the ball even better.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking more along these lines. The handsome bandito!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless you win the last game of the season for all teams, you in the end, are a loser. Four trips to the Super Bowl, and not one trophy has to be a sick feeling. It's shared by the Vikings and the Bills. Just couldn't quite make it across the finish line.
I will always feel bad for Bills fans. Can you imagine the morning of the 4th in a row having lost 3 already? Almost as bad as losing to a hated rival for 30 years or losing 5 NFC title games at home

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will always feel bad for Bills fans. Can you imagine the morning of the 4th in a row having lost 3 already? Almost as bad as losing to a hated rival for 30 years or losing 5 NFC title games at home
I agree with you. I do feel sorry for Bills fans, and the players on those team, and coaches. But, when it comes to the Vikings, I don't feel one bit of sadness. I'm glad it happened to them. The only person I feel bad about it happening to is Bud Grant.

Vikings fans over the years have been beyond obnoxious, and act like they own the league, while never winning it all, and constantly crowing about how they have. They're totally delusional, and even worse, have less knowledge about the game itself than any other fans I've ever seen. I think they've been too busy smelling the lutefisk cooking, so it won't be too big of a surprise when they finally get married to Helga, and go on their honeymoon. But, that's just my opinion. :D

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
When Mrs. El Guapo and I got married, one of her distant aunts gave us some meaningless clock from one of those Things Remembered stores that used to be in malls. They had it engraved of course with her name.....and my older brother's! We have similar names with his having an additional letter. She hates the clock but I think that it's priceless, a wedding gift with her name and his instead of mine name. It's like the upside down bi-plane stamp or the Frank Thomas no-name baseball card.
My step mom never learned to spell my 3rd son's name. All of his annual engraved or painted Christmas ornaments (she was really into arts and crafts) have someone else's name on. There are 3 other more common spellings than the one we chose.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My step mom never learned to spell my 3rd son's name. All of his annual engraved or painted Christmas ornaments (she was really into arts and crafts) have someone else's name on. There are 3 other more common spellings than the one we chose.
Well, lets see Poppa San, there would be San Son One, San Son Two and San Son Three.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you. I do feel sorry for Bills fans, and the players on those team, and coaches. But, when it comes to the Vikings, I don't feel one bit of sadness. I'm glad it happened to them. The only person I feel bad about it happening to is Bud Grant.

Vikings fans over the years have been beyond obnoxious, and act like they own the league, while never winning it all, and constantly crowing about how they have. They're totally delusional, and even worse, have less knowledge about the game itself than any other fans I've ever seen. I think they've been too busy smelling the lutefisk cooking, so it won't be too big of a surprise when they finally get married to Helga, and go on their honeymoon. But, that's just my opinion. :D
Oh yeah…….vikings can take the horn and skoll it up their butts rotfl.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings fans over the years have been beyond obnoxious, and act like they own the league, while never winning it all, and constantly crowing about how they have. They're totally delusional, and even worse, have less knowledge about the game itself than any other fans I've ever seen.
Truer words have scarcely ever been spoken.

I lived in the Twin Cities for about a quarter century, and I have never - ever - in my life seen more people boasting and thumping their chests about things they've never accomplished but may, someday, possibly accomplish if they ever do finally get around to accomplishing them.

I've never seen anything like it.

I wish I'd had the foresight to get personalized license plates saying "41-0" while I lived there. As it is, when I lived in a renovated brownstone near the Dome about 25-30 years back, a few of us scraped together a couple hundred bucks and had hundreds of bumper stickers made up in green and gold that just said "41-0". When the Vikes played night games, we'd sneak down into the parking lots and plaster them on the cars of Viking fans. Those people really, really did not like to hear the phrase "41-0".

If and when the moment comes, I'm going to make sure Saint Peter is completely up to date on that achievement. It might be just enough to get me in.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Truer words have scarcely ever been spoken.

I lived in the Twin Cities for about a quarter century, and I have never - ever - in my life seen more people boasting and thumping their chests about things they've never accomplished but may, someday, possibly accomplish if they ever do finally get around to accomplishing them.

I've never seen anything like it.

I wish I'd had the foresight to get personalized license plates saying "41-0" while I lived there. As it is, when I lived in a renovated brownstone near the Dome about 25-30 years back, a few of us scraped together a couple hundred bucks and had hundreds of bumper stickers made up in green and gold that just said "41-0". When the Vikes played night games, we'd sneak down into the parking lots and plaster them on the cars of Viking fans. Those people really, really did not like to hear the phrase "41-0".

If and when the moment comes, I'm going to make sure Saint Peter is completely up to date on that achievement. It might be just enough to get me in.
I can remember the days when we'd get tickets that were bought out by TCF bank in Minnesota, to insure the Vikings home games weren't blackouts. TCF knew they could buy all open seats for the Packer game, and not have any problem getting rid of them.

My Brother was a VP in a chain of banks in Northwestern Wisconsin, and had access. When the game date was announced, we'd all put in our order for tickets, and give him a deposit, so he could get them without putting out a lot of money. There were times he'd buy over 200 tickets. We'd get a whole section of nothing but Packer fans.

Since he knew the people at TCF personally, he'd actually met Bob Lurtsema (Benchwarmer Bob), and they'd become friends. He'd stop by our tail gate parties and say hello quite often. He was as funny in real life as his commercials. A really nice guy who turned being an NFL sub into a very good after football gig.

Anyhow, we'd usually stay at an area motel, and bring anywhere from one to four Winnebago motor homes over with us, for our "tailgate headquarters." They were also great in cold weather, to escape the cold before the game, and immediately afterwards. One rule, no booze for designated drivers of the motor homes, and cars. The rest of us? Let's say "the hair of the dog that bit you" was appropriate the entire day.

We'd meet so many Vikings fans at the motels, and at our parties. It amazed us how little they really knew about the game. Most of them couldn't even name the skill players who were regulars. They were sheep, following the pack to the Met.

I remember one trip we made over there. It was a very cold day, I'm certain in December. Our tickets were in the corner, near the end zone, but we were there to support one of our own. A guy in our group had a daughter who had become a Vikings cheerleader, and we were in the corner where her group would be performing. Of course we all knew her, so there was that too. On that particular weekend, one of our party group was celebrating his having owned this great country bar for 10 years, and he decided to be the source of our alcoholic needs, during the game. So, inside his snowmobile suit, he had this amazing number of bottles of all kinds of liquor. When he walked, you could hear the bottles clanking together. When we got to the gate, the guy there looked at him and said he heard the noise, and asked him what it was. Our friend looked straight at him and said; "Korean War. I got shot up pretty badly. They used metal joints to put me back together. I'm just thankful I can walk."

The guy looked at him sympathetically, and said; "I'm sorry! Have a great day!" It was difficult keeping from laughing, but those of us around him did. As we walked past, my Brother looked at me, and said; "It was your job to oil his joints. You let him down!" All I could say was; "I'm sorry. It won't happen again!" After we were out of range of the guy at the gate, we all just busted up laughing.

Story isn't over! When we got to our seats, before the game started, several of our group were at the wall, saying hello to our friend's daughter. Since the guy with all the booze in his outfit was her Godfather, he bent over the rail, because she was going to give him a hug. When he did, he started to go down. Fortunately, others grabbed him and pulled him back. But, not before a couple of hip flask size bottles fell out of his suit at the neck. Both brandy. One of the cheerleaders picked them up, and hid them away in her jacket and said; "I think we're going to need these, is it okay?" So, during the game, every once in a while a cheerleader or two would take a nip, and just smile at us all sitting in the stands. Near the end of the game, a couple of the cheerleaders came over and thanked us for keeping them entertained.

Fortunately, I wasn't one of the designated drivers, because as we were leaving, and there was a storm coming in, traffic was keeping our cars from getting into line to get out. So, I got out, and started directing traffic, and got our chain of cars into the exit lane. You should have seen the look on the faces of the Vikings fans whose cars had to wait to leave, because of our string of cars. Those who saw what I did, because I got back in our car, were cursing me out the windows, and giving me the finger.

Don't get me started about how we were at a game at the Hump, when we sat in seats directly behind the Oak Ridge Boys, and got ****** with them. That's another story best left untold. I got a lot of them.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
San son 1, San son i, San son I, San son prime.
San son 2, San son ii, San son II, San son the sequel.

you get the idea.
The sequel. Thats funny. But why am I thinking about Neil Diamond and song sung blue right now.

Calebs Revenge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope they proudly display their new state flag for everyone to see. Min and Vikings fans can get bent.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Min and Vikings fans can get bent.
Eh, many of us have moved to this fine state of Minnesota. Even Max McGee moved here, started the Chi-Chi's restaurant chain, and then his own disco/nightclub. I live less than a mile away from that site, which is now a Menards that I frequent often! There is great fishing here, great parks, and one of the best theater districts in the country.

Just toss in an old DVD of Grumpy Old Men and enjoy the culture!

I used to have Vikings season tickets just to prove to my buddies that I could be a better Vikings fan than them. That didn't take long. I gave those tickets up once the Gophers announced a plan to build their outdoor stadium. I had those tickets for many years until they got too expensive. I love outdoor football....the colder the better. I can't stand sweating in the stands during a warm September game.

I'm only 12,000 away from getting my own Packers season tickets. I hope that I live long enough to use them, because my daughter will throw that letter in the trash if I'm gone!

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score

I grew up in Wisconsin outside of La Crosse, so just a stone's throw from the Mississippi. There were plenty of MN fans around. Then I spent nine miserable years out in South Dakota. That land is regional broadcasting for MN sports teams. The MN fans out there were the worst I ever experienced. It actually made me become a better fan because of those idiots. I just thought to myself that if this is the way I appear to opposing fans I have some changes to make. I literally had a guy dance in my cubical when the Packers lost to the Giants in the playoffs in 2011. His team wasn't even in the game. Yet, there he was dancing like a buffoon. I have zero love for MN sports fans and hope that I never see a vikings super bowl win.

Reaction score
The Packers offense has so much going for it. The only if for me is to see how well the O line plays. Otherwise they have excellent players all around. Going to be fun to watch. That is if you all can get over all the money they are making off of us. So I'm thinking Jordan is going to continue to show poise and should throw the ball even better.
I agree. I think the loss of Nij and Runyon was minor. We have several additions that I believe can play at or above ‘23 Nij/Runyon. Might take a few games to get synchronized but I like this years OL potential and depth a little better.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Viking fans have been delusional forever, even worse when they suck. Even though the Viking roster is as bad as I've ever seen, it hasn't stopped Viking fans from proclaiming immediate glory. Other than Jefferson, O'Neill and Hockensen, the roster is a hot mess. I love Aaron Jones but will he be as good in the twilight years of his career? The Viking defense is as low on talent as any in the league. Other than Jefferson, there's nobody you really worry about. I hope they win their 6 or 7 games, just so they don't get too rich in draft picks.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I literally had a guy dance in my cubical when the Packers lost to the Giants in the playoffs in 2011. His team wasn't even in the game. Yet, there he was dancing like a buffoon.
If I hadn't lived so many years in Minnesota, I'd be shocked, but... I did so I'm not. There's something seriously wrong with people like that.

I don't ever want to see them win the Lombardi, either. That fan base just doesn't deserve it. Part of me almost wanted the Detroits to go all the way last year, just so they could get it done and go back to being the Lions for another decade. I don't want to see them in that position again for at least 12-15 years now.

Houston may have a legitimate shot in a few years; they certainly seem to have their quarterback. Cleveland and Jacksonville are the only other teams who never went all the way, and I don't see either of them climbing out of that hole anytime really soon. I just like the idea of Minnesota someday being the only team never to win the Super Bowl.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Viking fans have been delusional forever, even worse when they suck. Even though the Viking roster is as bad as I've ever seen, it hasn't stopped Viking fans from proclaiming immediate glory. Other than Jefferson, O'Neill and Hockensen, the roster is a hot mess. I love Aaron Jones but will he be as good in the twilight years of his career? The Viking defense is as low on talent as any in the league. Other than Jefferson, there's nobody you really worry about. I hope they win their 6 or 7 games, just so they don't get too rich in draft picks.
On top of having to live in MN's stomping ground, I have 5 bro in laws that are all vikes fans. One of them is drinking the kool aid that they are going to be good. His thoughts are that McCarthy is legit and it is the perfect spot for him with Jefferson and Addison. Hockenson is the best TE in the league and with adding Aaron Jones they will have a legit RB. I agree with you though. Their roster is low on talent.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O'Connell is a decent coach. I expect him to get whatever he can out of Sam Darnold, which isn't much, and then switch to McCarthy sometime in the Week 10 timeframe - plus or minus 2 games. They will hang themselves with a Justin Jefferson contract and fail to improve the defense. They are really hurting at a lot of positions. There is no doubt in my mind that the Vikings are the clear candidate for 4th place this season.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree. That's the way I see their roster too. I think they have lots of holes and question marks.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Years and years of ineptitude and/or frustration can do a lot to adversely affect an person's mental stability.

0-4 in superbowls. Going all in on Favre to only have him choke in the most critical moment, just as he did with the Packers. A kicker missing his first FG of the year to miss going to the SB.

The Denny Green tirade of "letting em off the hook" is the ultimate emblematic representation of Viking frustration.

We need to take pity as fans on these folks, not disdain. It's like the little neighbor kid who always wants to play with the rest of the kids, but is so slow and uncoordinated he is always lagging behind. You let him play, because you are a decent human being, but not decent enough to let him win.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there is more chance that the Bears win 12 games than the Vikings win 8. That's how bad I actually expect the Vikings to be.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...and then switch to McCarthy sometime in the Week 10 timeframe - plus or minus 2 games.
The Vikings have a tough schedule through Week 8 (@ the Rams) and then it gets much easier, so I'll stick with my prediction that they would try to start McCarthy versus the Colts. It's followed by three road games but those are against the Jaguars, Titans, and Bears - all good games for a rookie QB.

Vikings Schedule
at NY Giants
vs San Francisco
vs Houston
at Green Bay
vs NY Jets
BYE
vs Detroit
at Los Angeles
vs Indianapolis
at Jacksonville
at Tennessee