Your Vote For The Packer......

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is your vote for the Green Bay Packers’ “Un-Sung Hero Award “after week 8.

I was leaning toward Jennings,… Who expected this much? Then looked at Hawk…….. But I said no! He is not in the class of un-sung….he is a very high draft pick and is a future super star in the making…..

I have come to the conclusion there is only one winner of the Packers week 8…. Un-Sung Hero Award.

Here is ….. Look at the stats.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/stats/leaders/NFC/PNT/2006/regular

Who is your winner?

R.P.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a tough one, but I'd either say Mark Tausher or Ryan Pickett.

Two great picks T.O.

But who expected the kid from Canada to end up where he is in the stats, and fix a very poor draft pick from the past. Punting is huge as far as success in our conference with the weather the way it is, and field position so valuable.

Both Tausher and Pickett are right up there, and may indeed better un-sung heros than my pick.

It is Thursday.... Not much to write about on the forum. This post is just food for thought, so I can have some good stuff to read from my brothers and sisters here until Sunday. Sunday there will be plenty to read about here on the Packer Forum.

R.P.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre he is having fun, he has only thrown 5 picks where as last year he threw 13 and he is 3-4 and not 1-6.

But all the other people listed so far are good picks

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wait no either harris or KGB u guys might not agree with me on KGB but from what I've seen he might not be gettin the stats but hes still putting pressure on the QBs

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman last year he got 6.5 sacks this year he has 8.5 sacks in 7 games ! and is leading the NFL in sacks

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd go with Taucher but the St.Louis game is to hard to forget so I'll go for my local lad Ryan. In pre-season everyone here was worried which CFL tream he'd come back to. I don't think they have to worry about that for a long time. As much as Favre isn't considered unsung he is quitely putting together a great year.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman. He is a beast and you don't hear much about him in the major media.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mine goes to Scott Wells and the interior oline.

Who woulda thought our running game would be so good UP the middle with the 'bad players' and 'young' and 'inexperienced' players. oh woe is me. right. Wells manned up and our run game up the middle is great. The draw play isnt a joke!

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wouldnt say kampman because he is getting recognised and a lot of coverage. therefore he wouldnt be an un-sung hero

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My Unsung hero will be Nick Collins. He has struggled this seaosn so far, but will have a big game this week. He'll be brought up to help against McGahee, while the Bills run the ball more. He'll be sent on some more blitzes SINCE wOODOSN APPEARS OUT OF TH GAME. GO COLLINS.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has to be Kampman....he may be getting recognition out there but here on the east coast, other than Packer fans, nobody has heard of him.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mine goes to Scott Wells and the interior oline.

Who woulda thought our running game would be so good UP the middle with the 'bad players' and 'young' and 'inexperienced' players. oh woe is me. right. Wells manned up and our run game up the middle is great. The draw play isnt a joke!

Scott Wells is a good one too. He's playing really well right now. Should get his contract extended before the end of the year.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the original post suggesting Jon Ryan. The key word is "unsung" and I'd say punter is probably the least noticed/respected position, at least among fans and media. If those stats indicate Ryan is second best in the league (I haven't looked closely at them, hope it's not because we have more punting opportunities.. LOL) then that would mean he is a huge boon for the Pack, that's a big part of the game.

The ability to pin a team deep almost every time is a huge advantage for your defense and will turn the game over time. Way to go Ryan!

Props also to Kampman, for sure..

I'm a huge Jennings guy but for sure, his praises have been "sung," (and will continue to be :) ) same for Favre, Driver, Harris, Woodson, Hawk, Green et al.

Members online

Latest posts