Would you trade pick #30, #44, and #118 for pick #13?

Would you trade pick #30, #44, and #118 for the dolphins #13 pick?

• Yes

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 27 81.8%

• Total voters

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I'd do it for sure and the dolphins might as well. They have a new coach and a lot of holes if there's no first round qbs they like left at 13 I could see them being willing to aquire a couple extra picks.

For gb this could be an amazing haul as you could likely land 2 potential blue chip players.
Maybe you take your edge guy montez sweat and your 3 down playmaking ilb Devin white. That would be quite a boost to the Packers defense. Mike pettine would be more than estatic to have two weapons like those guys to deploy.

Sweat 6-6 260 4.41 7.0 3cone 21 reps 35in arms 36 in vert has the ability to become a Julius peppers type player

White 6-0 237 4.42 7.07 3cone 22 reps 39.5 vert could be a better more explosive version of last year's top ilb roquan smith. And the way ilbs Excell in Mike pettines scheme I'd expect white to hit the ground running

Reaction score
It depends on who’s getting picked before #12. The yes part would be if we felt 2 players were on the board that were easily worthy of top #10 status.

I think 2019 is unusual in that there will be heavier than normal top end players (in what many years would be top 10 types) available throughout the teens.
On the flip side , there will be players and positions who make it into round 3 that could’ve went day 1 (or early 2nd round) in an average years draft. Namely at DL and WR. I believe we will see both positions slip rounds.

There’s 2 ways to look at that. You can do as you propose and trade up into the top 20 twice. Or you can trade back into the teens and rely on that depth with those extra 3rd or 4th round acquisitions. The more I’m reading I’m thinking trading back to the teens range and then getting an extra mid-3rd rounder could also pay dividends in this deep DL and WR draft class.

Last edited:
OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It depends on who’s getting picked before #12. The yes part would be if we felt 2 players were on the board that were easily worthy of top #10 status.

I think 2019 is unusual in that there will be heavier than normal top end players (in what many years would be top 10 types) available throughout the teens.
On the flip side , there will be players and positions who make it into round 3 that could’ve went day 1 (or early 2nd round) in an average years draft. Namely at DL and WR. I believe we will see both positions slip rounds.

There’s 2 ways to look at that. You can do as you propose and trade up into the top 20 twice. Or you can trade back into the teens and rely on that depth with those extra 3rd or 4th round acquisitions. The more I’m reading I’m thinking trading back to the teens range and then getting an extra mid-3rd rounder could also pay dividends in this deep DL and WR draft class.

I like the 2nd round in this draft. If the opportunity to trade back from one or even both first rounders arose and you could end up with 3 or 4 2nd rounders along with a pick in the teens. I'd do that too.

Only thing is you might not get a guy like Devin white at 12 and you're definitely not getting him in the latter teens. Sweat you might still get at say 15 but I don't think he makes it past that.

Looking at the pick value chart I guess the trade back I would eye would be trading pick 30 to Houston for picks 54 and 55. That would allow you to get white/sweat or some other blue chip player at 12 and have 3 picks in 2nd round 44,54,55.

In that scenario you could get say
12 Devin white
44 Paris Campbell
54 Chauncey Gardner Johnson
55 plug and play olinemen lindstrom,Jenkins,risner

That's 4 strong starters for the price of 3 and you still have all your other picks

D

Deleted member 6794

I like the 2nd round in this draft. If the opportunity to trade back from one or even both first rounders arose and you could end up with 3 or 4 2nd rounders along with a pick in the teens. I'd do that too.

Only thing is you might not get a guy like Devin white at 12 and you're definitely not getting him in the latter teens. Sweat you might still get at say 15 but I don't think he makes it past that.

I might be fine with trading back some spots from #12 to acquire an extra pick but would definitely prefer to have another first round selection.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say no. We have 4 picks in the top 75 and I think it is important that we come out of the draft with at least 3 of them. We have an opportunity to add at least 3 top quality players to address some of our most critical needs and having that 4th gives us the opportunity to double dip if the right guys are there. I wouldn't mind using 75 (or even 44 ) to move up a bit from 30 if the right guy fell to within reach but to give up 3 picks to move up for one is too much.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say no. We have 4 picks in the top 75 and I think it is important that we come out of the draft with at least 3 of them. We have an opportunity to add at least 3 top quality players to address some of our most critical needs and having that 4th gives us the opportunity to double dip if the right guys are there. I wouldn't mind using 75 (or even 44 ) to move up a bit from 30 if the right guy fell to within reach but to give up 3 picks to move up for one is too much.

We'd still have 3 in first 75 in this scenario.
So a fourth round pick would stop you from moving up ? I mean I get that bak and Daniels 4th rounders but far more often it's a Vince biegel

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I'd do it for sure and the dolphins might as well. They have a new coach and a lot of holes if there's no first round qbs they like left at 13 I could see them being willing to aquire a couple extra picks.

For gb this could be an amazing haul as you could likely land 2 potential blue chip players.
Maybe you take your edge guy montez sweat and your 3 down playmaking ilb Devin white. That would be quite a boost to the Packers defense. Mike pettine would be more than estatic to have two weapons like those guys to deploy.

Sweat 6-6 260 4.41 7.0 3cone 21 reps 35in arms 36 in vert has the ability to become a Julius peppers type player

White 6-0 237 4.42 7.07 3cone 22 reps 39.5 vert could be a better more explosive version of last year's top ilb roquan smith. And the way ilbs Excell in Mike pettines scheme I'd expect white to hit the ground running
IF they could get Sweat AND White at 12 and 13 it would be worth it. I have a hunch both will be gone by then, given their Combine performances. Intriguing though.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So a fourth round pick would stop you from moving up ? I mean I get that bak and Daniels 4th rounders but far more often it's a Vince biegel

Sorry, I misread it. I was thinking #30, plus second and third and not second and fourth which would have left us with 2 in the top 75. Obviously it depends on who is there. I can't say I would do it but I would not be absolutely opposed to it either. On the other hand if there are guys we would like back to back I might prefer to try to trade down a few spots from 12 and maybe pick up some more ammo to move up a bit from 30. Like Captain says I really want to come out of this draft with 2 first rounders. 12 and 30 is good, 15 and 25 would probably be better. I just think 4 picks in the top 75 is very attractive for a team with many holes to fill and the depth in the draft at some of the right positions to really plug some of those holes.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers having to give up their second round pick is the deal breaker for me.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since we're dealing with what if's here...

What if a QB is sitting there at 12 and Oakland comes calling offering 24 & 27 for 12 & 76? Based on the trade value chart (antiquated I know) the math works out and we'd be sitting with 24, 27, 30 and 44. That opens up some intriguing possibilities. Could just stand pat with 4 picks in the top 45 or trade 44 and any of the 3 1sts to get back into the top 15 and still have 2 more 1st Rd picks.

With the moves made today to go along with already having 2 1st Rd picks, the Packers have positioned themselves to turn this thing around in a very short period of time.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What if a QB is sitting there at 12 and Oakland comes calling offering 24 & 27 for 12 & 76? Based on the trade value chart (antiquated I know) the math works out and we'd be sitting with 24, 27, 30 and 44. That opens up some intriguing possibilities. Could just stand pat with 4 picks in the top 45 or trade 44 and any of the 3 1sts to get back into the top 15 and still have 2 more 1st Rd picks.

With the moves made today to go along with already having 2 1st Rd picks, the Packers have positioned themselves to turn this thing around in a very short period of time.

I would do that.

Nate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we select Montez sweat with in the first two rounds I’m throwing hands

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Depends on the players available at #12. I would have to think if Ed Oliver is sitting there we take him at this stage. I would like to think that if White was there we think about taking him as well. Beyond that it might be worth moving down but 24 might be a tad low. I am not sure why the Raiders would make that hard of a move on 12 though. Edge players are pretty deep in this draft and one should be available at 24 that is every bit as good as a guy they would get at 12 and they aren't going to go broke for Hockenson. Would be a steep move for them unless for some ungodly reason Kyler Murray or Haskins fell that far and they were looking to move on from Carr.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not as high on Sweat as most seem to be... he's straight linish, and a bit stiff. Not much bend to him at all.

So trading back and coming away with Sweat, as opposed to sitting at 12 and taking White or Burns??

Stay put.

Plus, I like Risner, Lindstrom, and M.Brown (WR), to potentially address needs at picks 30/44.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not as high on Sweat as most seem to be... he's straight linish, and a bit stiff. Not much bend to him at all.

So trading back and coming away with Sweat, as opposed to sitting at 12 and taking White or Burns??

Stay put.

Plus, I like Risner, Lindstrom, and M.Brown (WR), to potentially address needs at picks 30/44.

I don't believe the straight linish and stiff thing is true. At 6-6 260 running the 3 cone in 7 seconds indicates a player who is the exact opposite. Sweat has very good change of direction skills to go along with elite straight line speed and the long arms to keep olinemen off him so he can use that explosiveness

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another good hypothetical for you guys (Maybe change the title of the thread to ""Would you trade pick(s) x for pick(s) y?"):

Would you give up #30 for #54 and #55 from the Texans? If so, would you additionally give up #114 for this trade as it would be more plausible according to the draft value chart?

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another good hypothetical for you guys (Maybe change the title of the thread to ""Would you trade pick(s) x for pick(s) y?"):

Would you give up #30 for #54 and #55 from the Texans? If so, would you additionally give up #114 for this trade as it would be more plausible according to the draft value chart?

I'd do 30 for 54 and 55 because if the Texans wanna move up they gotta pay a little bit of a premium for the right to get their guy

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would we trade a bunch of picks to trade down......???

For what it's worth, I would part with #12 and #30 if it meant getting our hands on Josh Allen. Don't know if that would be enough though.

Edit: Oh, I see. Again, I would sooner package picks to get up there for Allen. That's just me.

Last edited:

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not on your life. Too much potential for upgrade in those 3 picks to stuff all into one pick.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely not.

We have too many holes to do that.
Amen. Those first three picks will be some combination of ILB, OT, and S - and in that order. S doesn’t seem that deep in the draft, and with the addition of Amos I’d be ok leaving S to the third round and taking a TE earlier - Hockenson, Fant, or Irv smith. Trading 3 picks for 1 maybe (a big maybe) makes sense for an established team, but not the Pack. Not this year anyway. Good FA moves for the most part, but still holes to fill if they want the NFC north crown back.

Last thought. Whoever they take at #12 needs to be an impact player. Not sure if they can pull that off, but that should be the goal.

Chuck47

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would trade back before I would trade up. As others have said, too many holes to give up picks. I probably differ from others in that I’d like to see a couple of O linemen in our first 4 (Jawaan Taylor, Jonah Williams, Andre Dillard,maybe Greg Little) and we don’t need to go to 13 for them. Biggest need is to keep Rodgers healthy, upright, and with time.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would trade back before I would trade up. As others have said, too many holes to give up picks. I probably differ from others in that I’d like to see a couple of O linemen in our first 4 (Jawaan Taylor, Jonah Williams, Andre Dillard,maybe Greg Little) and we don’t need to go to 13 for them. Biggest need is to keep Rodgers healthy, upright, and with time.
They NEED to take two OLs in the first four. As you say, what good is ARod if he’s on his back, or worse? And some great OLs have been taken later. I think Bakhtiari was round 4 and Linsley was round 5. OL seems to transfer well to the pros, well, except for Spriggs. He was second round and TT traded UP for him. Well, he’ll be a (bad) memory soon.

Members online

Latest posts