1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Will Mike Sherman be fired?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by musccy, Dec 20, 2005.

?

Will Mike Sherman be fired after this year?

1. Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Still up in the air.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Again, not if he SHOULD/N'T be fired, but will he be fired at the end of this season?

2. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I took the no option, even when I really think he deserves to be fired.

3. Royston

Royston Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    NO! but Tom Rossley will be replaced at OC.

4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I thin it's still up in the air but I'm leaning more toward yes.

5. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    This is not just a badly coached team, it is also a badly managed team. I think Bob Harlan needs to become very actively involved in this franchise before he retires because I'm not convinced that all the pieces are in place to turn this mess around. There have been too many cowardly acts by Mike Sherman as both GM and coach that have contributed to the dire straights this team is now in. I too voted that they would not release Sherman because I don't think anyone with any balls is left on this team.

Incidentally, I wrote on this website early in the year that I wanted to give Mike Sherman his due to see if he could coach. I already knew he was an awful GM. I knew after the preseason and after the first four games that this team would not and could not win. They are consistently poorly prepared and haven't shown any signs of hope. What everyone is now complaining about has been going on all season.

6. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to see him have one more year with a healthy team intact to judge him with and I may take heat for saying this but I think he deserves that season after contributing to our winning record in our regular seasons not to mention the fact there there is nobody to replace him anyways. Just my opinion though.

7. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Winnipeg, your point is well taken, but allow me to explain why I believe the Packers need to make a change. This team has looked awful coming out of the preseason for the last four years. We've started really slow I believe for three years in a row now. The thing is, he inherited a team with quite a bit of talent and offensive fire power. His poor choices of draft choices on the defensive side of the ball and his failure to secure adequate backups in the offensive line are keys to the failure of this team. However, his decision to keep bad coaches who haven't been able to make players better has been part of his problem. His lack of ability to motivate has hurt his team in preparation. They just come out flat every game. I think Mike Sherman the person is probably a really good man, but Mike Sherman the coach is and has been awful.

8. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am sure with you on the "comming out flat" aspect. I have to admit that always seeming to have to play catch up to other teams has driven me a bit batty at times.

9. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Comes out flat to start the season and to start most games!

10. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    If they keep him and TT says anything about his 'solid' regular season record I'm gonna freaking throw up I swear to god I will!!