Who to blame for lack of pass rush:

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't even really blame him for letting Jenkins go. Certainly in hindsight, we needed him and he stayed healthy all season. But he has historically been injured a lot and we has over 30. Not a wise way to spend money.

I think this can be summarized as making the right decision, but getting burned anyway.
I'm going to continue to say this. Jenkins missed 5 of 32 games his last two seasons and he played every game but one for the Eagles. The money wasn't that great he signed for with the Eagles.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to continue to say this. Jenkins missed 5 of 32 games his last two seasons and he played every game but one for the Eagles. The money wasn't that great he signed for with the Eagles.

It's not that he couldn't be had at a cheap or reasonable price. He was over 30, has /some/ injury history and his replacement is on the roster (Mike Neal.) Yes, Neal didn't hold up his end of the bargain this year and may not next year either, but it was reasonable to think that he could have contributed.

Part of it is also roster numbers. We kept three pluggers, Raji, Pickett, Green and three ends in Wilson, Wynn, and Neal. And part of it is projection. Sure, Jenkins is at worst the 3rd best buy in that group, but again, he's over 30. He's not going to get better, only worse. Wilson, Wynn, and Neal might grow into better players than Jenkins.

Based on all that, it was a sane and defendable position to let Jenkins walk.

In hindsight, I wish we'd kept him.

Members online

Latest posts