Who Is Our Best CB?

Who is the Packers' best cornerback this season?

• Tramon Williams

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Sam Shields

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Casey Hayward

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Davon House

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jarrett Bush

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted Shields..I would have voted Hayward, but he doesn't really have the same role as Tramon and Shields. It's almost like comparing apples and oranges in that respect.

Shields is still overall the best pure cover corner, but Tramon is better on some Sundays.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Shields and Williams are about equal imo. Neither are top 5 in the league, both are probably top 20 in the league.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted Tramon because I believe that he is the most consistent complete CB on the team. Shields is faster and a better defender of the pass, but Tramon makes up ground against the run and in the smart decisions he makes in going for INTs. What I like overall is how spread out the INTs are among our DBs. There is not one guy you can pick on without fear of a pick six.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
by far tramon, shields can't cover the slant at all. shields has more speed which helps him to let receivers pass him and he just run them down. Tramon has better technique and leaping ability. Tramon by far the better tackler shields misses a lot of tackles. I'm not saying shields is a bad corner but he's not compared to tramon. i voted tramon

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone watch What You Might Have Missed on Packers.com?

This week, Mike Spofford points out that a tipped pass by Clay could have taken away a pick 6 for Tramon who completely jumped the route Bridgewater was throwing to.

Anyway, I'd say Shields is our best as of now.

Members online

Latest posts