Which school is correct for Rodgers? (And others?)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who watches football on NBC sees the starting players introduce themselves with their name and the college/school they went to before entering the NFL.
I dunno if anyone else noticed this during the Pack/Washington game but when A-Rod was up, he said "Cal."
Which is true. He went to Cal Berkley before the Packers.
However in years past he would say "Butte."
Which is also true since he went to this community college before being drafted by Cal.
Any idea for the switch?
And why do some players name a high school?
They don't get drafted into the NFL right out of high school, do they?
Is that because the HS is the last school they graduated from and were drafted before finishing college?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
probably just to give recognition to the various places they've been, as they're all part of who they are today. I would. I'd do my college, my high school, my home town, my state. There never would have been GB without Cal. never would have been Cal without Butte. i'm sure they all have their own reasons.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd do my college, my high school, my home town, my state.
I'm sure the time is limited.
If you mentioned all that, well, there goes the ball game!
Or else they'd be like, "Time out. Mondio is giving his shout out to everyone. Again." (Collective groan.)
LOL

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure the time is limited.
If you mentioned all that, well, there goes the ball game!
Or else they'd be like, "Time out. Mondio is giving his shout out to everyone. Again." (Collective groan.)
LOL
You just answered your own question as to why they say different things at different times.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I have been waiting for AR to just say "Relax U", but that would have people scrambling to Google wondering what school that was.

"Pokerbrat200, THE School of Hard Knocks"

Last edited:
OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You just answered your own question as to why they say different things at different times.
OK so no set protocol.

Just say whichever school they want.

And why do some put a "The" in front.
Is the school really named that or is it a sense of pride or both?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who watches football on NBC sees the starting players introduce themselves with their name and the college/school they went to before entering the NFL.
I dunno if anyone else noticed this during the Pack/Washington game but when A-Rod was up, he said "Cal."
Which is true. He went to Cal Berkley before the Packers.
However in years past he would say "Butte."
Which is also true since he went to this community college before being drafted by Cal.
Any idea for the switch?
And why do some players name a high school?
They don't get drafted into the NFL right out of high school, do they?
Is that because the HS is the last school they graduated from and were drafted before finishing college?

Anthony "Spice" Adams discussed this on 670 The Score Chicago today. Players do multiple takes of their introduction and aren't told which introduction will be used. A player, such as Rodgers, will do the first take with Butte, the second take with Cal, and the third take with the name of his middle school. It's up to the network to choose the right take.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Bullwinkle, QB, Wossamotta U!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts