Which 49er offensive player are you most concerned with?

Which guy are you most worried is going to hurt us the most Saturday night?

• Total voters
OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was a big fan of the man he called "Big Hit Nick" There was an article on it here:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...an-cures-safety-issues-4s57ias-149598785.html
Cool.
I like this part:
But he also brings what the Packers lacked in 2011. He tackles. At Maine, McMillian roamed close to the line of scrimmage with coaches blitzing him often. As a senior, McMillian finished with 92 tackles (11.5 for loss) and 3.5 sacks.
"He'll try to kill you. He'll try to take you out," said Steven Vashel, McMillian's defensive backs coach who is now at Yale. "He's that type of a physical player."

RonnieLott42

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO Davis has had some issues catching a few deep throws from CK this year for some strange reason, maybe the velocity. Crabtree has been Kaps favorite target lately. Gore looked to be wearing down at the end of the season so the bye week probably helped him more than any other player, aside from Justin Smith, on the Niners. I have a weird feeling Moss might be the game changer in this one though. Just a hunch.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't worry about Witten.
Sure, he'll catch a ton of 6 yarders, 9 yarders, 7 yarders, 14 yarders....
But Davis can hit the home run at any time.

That's why I want to see Jerron McMillian or Morgan Burnett do this:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
We don't have any big hitters at DB though, other than McMillian. That's sad.

I have not liked Vernon Davis ever since his Draft day when we took Hawk at #5 and they took Davis at #6, and they interviewed him and he said he was hoping he wasn't taken by Green Bay.

Uh...I have no memory of that. You sure you didn't imagine that? LOL!!

All I remember about him on draft day was him crying because he was so happy to get selected.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh...I have no memory of that. You sure you didn't imagine that? LOL!!

All I remember about him on draft day was him crying because he was so happy to get selected.
No I have had a chip on my shoulder about him since that day.
Yes he was crying but he also said he was worried that GB was going to take him and he didn't want that.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like consensus was right, those runs killed us
Yep, these 12 voters were the WINNERS:
Although the 3 who voted for Crabtree going Jerry Rice on us were also winners IMO.
It seems like Capers made the mistake I would have made: initially focused on helping cover Vernon Davis over the top with safety help, believing that Tramon, Shields, or Hayward could handle Crabtree one-on-one. None of them could really.

Then when the moved the safety help towards Crabtree, we saw Vernon, the 2006 #6 pick, run past AJ Hawk, the 2006 #5 pick, and a perfectly-thrown perfect long ball hit Davis in the hands. Hawk really could not have covered it any better though without a penalty.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Yep, these 12 voters were the WINNERS:
Although the 3 who voted for Crabtree going Jerry Rice on us were also winners IMO.
It seems like Capers made the mistake I would have made: initially focused on helping cover Vernon Davis over the top with safety help, believing that Tramon, Shields, or Hayward could handle Crabtree one-on-one. None of them could really.

Then when the moved the safety help towards Crabtree, we saw Vernon, the 2006 #6 pick, run past AJ Hawk, the 2006 #5 pick, and a perfectly-thrown perfect long ball hit Davis in the hands. Hawk really could not have covered it any better though without a penalty.
In our defense, there were a few times Crabtree got "thrown open" and there was nothing anyone could do

Latest posts