When healthy the Packers have one of he best

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce- Looks like The backfield is ready to rock & roll out there this year. I have been out there at June minicamp for both sessions. All are working hard and running hard. Backs like Ahman Green who run hard, break tackles , fight for every inch, subject themselves to possible injuries. But that is the way these backs run, that what makes them great. Pro football is a brutal game as you know. The Packer Backs are all seasoned veterans. The Football instincts block everything out of the field when Pro football players are out on the field playing. As Brett did during the 18 months of problems he encountered. He still preformed, example The Raider game. Most well adjusted men and women do during trying times, you perform work duties despite your personal problems. You better or you will be unemployed. Same goes for for Football players, Firemen, policemen or Military personal, or anybody employed by a business. It must be this way with some occupations, your life and others depend on it, with football player -your team and its success depends on it and the person employment (or maybe the loss of it)depends ot it. Many '05 Packer players will do fine this year or will not make the Packer's roster.. Don't look at the problems of past, past is past, look to a new season. Every team starts out with same record -0 -0-Enjoy Packer Football as it happens, none of us Packer fans can do anything about it. It is only a Sport- to enjoy. Enjoy the '05 Packer season. I plan to!!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the better backfields I've seen in my lifetime was the Miami Dolphins of early 70's with Larry Czonka(power), Mercury Morris(speed) and Jim Kick(receiving). Our backfield this year should be right up there.

Enjoy them this season because it is possible none will be re-signed and all their contracts are up at the end of the year. Fisher can have a good career as a role player and should be the easiest to sign.

The better Davenport plays the more likely he will be gone. Green is in contract year and has incentive to play well(perhaps too well and overdo it?) Green will likely only get one more signing bonus before he becomes a back up like Dorsey Levens.

Likely one of them will feel snubbed and leave with a bad attitude. Hope it is Davenport. Williams should be on practice squad and signed early next year or this year if injury occurs.

Members online

Latest posts