What were the biggest drops in Packers history?

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can think of 2 big ones.

1) Super Bowl XXXII on the Packers' final set of downs. The Packers had a 2nd and 10 from somewhere around the Broncos 35 yard line. Antonio Freeman was wide open around the Broncos 15, and Favre threw a missile that hit Freeman's hip and he dropped it. It would have given the Packers a first down around the Broncos 10, or perhaps he could have even scored. Maybe Freeman was trying to run before he caught it, but I always thought Favre threw that ball way too hard.

2) 2011 Divisional playoff against the Giants. Early in the third quarter, the Packers had the ball somewhere around the Giants 40. Rodgers throws a deep ball that somehow goes right thru Jennings' hands as he's crossing the goal line. It would have put the Packers back into the game. Don't know how he didn't catch it - was he still rusty from the injury?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was ruled a drop on the field but in reality jerry rice caught the ball and then fumbled which the packers recovered. had replay been available in the 98 playoffs brett favre would likely have made a 3rd straight super bowl appearance. after rices fumble steve young went on to connect with a young terrell owens for the winning td in the final seconds. it was what turned terrell owens into to and it should never have happened.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can think of 2 big ones.

1) Super Bowl XXXII on the Packers' final set of downs. The Packers had a 2nd and 10 from somewhere around the Broncos 35 yard line. Antonio Freeman was wide open around the Broncos 15, and Favre threw a missile that hit Freeman's hip and he dropped it. It would have given the Packers a first down around the Broncos 10, or perhaps he could have even scored. Maybe Freeman was trying to run before he caught it, but I always thought Favre threw that ball way too hard.

2) 2011 Divisional playoff against the Giants. Early in the third quarter, the Packers had the ball somewhere around the Giants 40. Rodgers throws a deep ball that somehow goes right thru Jennings' hands as he's crossing the goal line. It would have put the Packers back into the game. Don't know how he didn't catch it - was he still rusty from the injury?
I remember it being a bad pass to Antonio

Members online

Latest posts