1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to Jarret Boykin?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by red4tribe, Nov 8, 2014.

1. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    For a guy who had close to 700 yards receiving in 11 games last year, he has basically disappeared. Two catches all season. I know he was injured for a while, but I've seen him on Special Teams in recent weeks. Didn't look good at the beginning on the year, and has obviously been passed by Davante for the #3 slot, but I'm a little surprised he has been so absent. Is he even still our #4 wideout?

2. Sanguine camper

Sanguine camper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +200
    Boykin is only in there now on 4 receiver sets so his playing time is way down. When the Packers do go 4 WR he just isn't separating and therefore Rodgers is not throwing him the ball. In addition his YAC are way below the top 3 receivers so his chances of climbing into the top 3 where would get more plays is very low unless injuries happen.

3. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Didn't he do almost all of his work with Flynn or Tolzien last year? He must not click with Rodgers.

4. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +942
    The coach turned back into a pumpkin. The guy is at best an average possession, #3 or 4 type WR.
    Again, every team's fan base overestimates it's teams talent.

5. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,655
    Boykin had two pretty good games with Rodgers as QB last season as well catching a combined 13 passes for 192 yards and a TD in consecutive games vs. the Vikings and Browns just before Rodgers got hurt.

No idea what happened to him this year but it's pretty obvious Adams has replaced him as the #3 WR.

6. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    Boykin is only on the field when Nelson, Cobb, and Adams are too. Lacy is a three-down RB and a reliable pass catcher too. Of those five players who is the last one you would like to see with the ball in their hands in the open field? It's not even close, is it? Rodgers no doubt agrees.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,747
    Adams is more talented and versatile.

8. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Can't be a bad receiver. Seattle covered him with Sherman the entire game!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +507
    He signed with the Vikings. Oh wait, that's next year.

10. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,747
    Sherman does not switch sides. It's more like we put Boykin on Sherman's side to free up Nelson. Not a bad idea, but it did not work that time.

11. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,992
    Boykin is an undrafted WR that started for an injury riddled team last season. Many folks on this forum this offseason thought that he would be the clear #3 this year. That was a reasonable thought without knowing how our rookies will do, which is generally a smart move. Boykin just has never been an explosive player. He has the potential to work his way up but still needs to put in more work. He'll never wow anyone with his physical capabilities so he'll need to beat opponents in other ways - excellent route running, mastering the playbook, and out-hustling everyone.

12. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,631
    That I knew, just forgot to put it between [sarcasm] [/sarcasm].
    He did get a punt block even if officially it was only a tackle after a fumble recovery.

13. rondon57

rondon57 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +47
    He blocked a punt with his foot,if he don't make it in American Football he could go play for MLS

14. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,747
    It seems like he should at least get credit for a forced fumble. And you're right...I did not detect the sarcasm.

15. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,631
    He did get a TFL along with 2 solo tackles, same def stats as Nick Perry.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,747
    I detect that sarcasm. ;)

17. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +181
    davonte adams better talent, boykin was dropping crucial passes early in the year. Basically Adams beat him out of his spot.