What are you most interested in watching tonight?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am most interested in watching Allison, Davis and Martinez

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The new punter Schum of course, on both punts and holds. Guessing we will see the Packers not going for it as often on 4th down from mid field on in and attempting more directional punts and some FG's to give him and Mason a chance to work together in a game situation.

Otherwise, I'm looking for no injuries and anyone we want to slide to the PS not having too outstanding of a night that other teams take notice of them. :coffee:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see no starters on the field tonight.

agree I want to see Davis and Allison.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I want to see a victory! Let's finish the pre-season at 4-0 and take that coveted Pre-Season Championship trophy!!! :rolleyes:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If everyone stands for the national anthem. Just kidding. I hope they keep that stuff off camera and the announcers dont discuss it.

montanalj

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am most excited to be seeing the Pack play in person for the first time. Also excited to see if they tailgate as well for the preseason as they do the regular season at Arrowhead.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero injuries. No starters playing on O and D. Allison, Davis and Schum.

H

HardRightEdge

Will Nelson take some snaps and if so how will he look?

Clark is probable. Improvement is needed. It looks like Guion is playing; he'll be needed week 1.

The rookie OTs need to show progress. Will Spriggs be wearing something smaller than a full club? He can't be expected to play with that thing in the event of a starter injury.

Gilbert has a chance to steal Elliot's spot.

Evans vs. Brice...there looks to be a spot for one of these guys at safety. Maybe both if Banjo is the odd man out.

It looks like Ryan is playing. Also, Bradford or Thomas for the #4 spot?

Burks can solidify a spot as the #3. Or will Thompson do a last minute switcheroo as with the punters when the final cuts are announced?

Rollins started wide with Randall at nickel against SF. Will there be a repeat, and if so will that carry to week 1?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Will Nelson take some snaps and if so how will he look

I have read a few reports stating that Jordy will not be playing tonight. Which is fine, since I doubt AR is playing either and he and Jordy should be just fine in the opener at Jacksonville.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody. This is generally the most interesting game to to watch I'm the preseason to me because it's do or die from the bubble guys and players trying to move up the depth chart. I allready know where the entrenched guys stand and what to expect.

H

HardRightEdge

We can only hope. I meant that from a "needing work" standpoint. I don't think there is a need for him to play tonight to shake any rust off or establish timing with AR or any Packer QB.

Now as far as him being 100% from the injury and whether he will hold up over the course of the season, I hope so. Sounds like he has been looking sharp in practice.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-...nce-in-his-first-full-practice-since-acl-tear
While it is preseason, live game action is a step up from practice. Getting accustomed to contact after being off almost a year is needed. I expect rust in week 1, if he in fact makes an appearance.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree that live game action is a different animal but Nelson has been impressive from the get go in team reps during practice, catching a 70 yard touchdown on one of his first snaps with Rodgers throwing him the ball.

I understand fans being concerned about him being ready for week 1 with him not having played in a game for more than a year. Hopefully he will put all doubts to rest at Jacksonville.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not be surprised to see see Rodgers try and hit Nelson on their play action bomb for a 70 yarder in the first 10 plays of the season.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that live game action is a different animal but Nelson has been impressive from the get go in team reps during practice, catching a 70 yard touchdown on one of his first snaps with Rodgers throwing him the ball.

I understand fans being concerned about him being ready for week 1 with him not having played in a game for more than a year. Hopefully he will put all doubts to rest at Jacksonville.

Some players can hit the ground running without missing a beat after a bad injury and recovery. Maybe Jordy is one of them. Lets hope!

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have not been able to watch the game yet but am very glad to hear the new punter did well. Terrible news about Davis. Looking forward to week 1! Just hope MM does not run run run until it doesn't work. Would like to see him really mix it up.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Was absolutely shocked that Cook was in as long as he was and totally cringed when he was tackled backwards after his touchdown catch! Come on coach!

D

Deleted member 6794

Just hope MM does not run run run until it doesn't work. Would like to see him really mix it up.

The Packers passed the ball on 58.7% of the offensive plays last season. However you cone up with your impression of McCarthy running the ball until it doesn't work is plain and simple wrong.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was talking about those times when he runs twice in a row and both are done very well. He then keeps running and gets stuft leaving us with 2nd and long. He does that quite often whether or not he throws more time in the entire game. Would like to see that mind set changed a bit.

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching college football tonight. Oklahoma at Houston was a very entertaining game. Now watching USA at Texas A&M. Will have to record the Alabama vs USC game though - early start at work tomorrow. Oh how I wish I could live in the USA. Love the football.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I currently live in Houston. I called Houston winning this game. Here at my favorite pub, my friends and Houston fans are going nuts; just had a 3rd beer bought for me.

Members online

Latest posts