We can clinch top seed tomorrow night.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Niners lose to the Steelers tomorrow then we have clinched the number 1 seed.

Which then proposes the question.
Do we rest our players going into the playoffs?

In which case against the Bears? Id like to see Rodgers get rested, especially after the O-line being banged up like it is atm.

As far as the Lions go. I think it depends on whether or not we can eliminate them from playoffs.

On the bright side of this loss, atleast it can show the guys that they can be beat and be shown the formula to do so. Therefore have something to work with.

Id much rather lose in the regular season than in the playoffs.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think Big Ben plays, and the Niners fail against a good team.

Alex Smith will get PWNED by Roethlisberger oh wait...he got pwned by the red skeleton in Arizona. Case closed, he still sucks :roflmao:

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Steelers will go all out tomorrow. With the Ravens losing it's like early Christmas. Lucky.....

And if they win out they get the number 1 seed.
Ben will play. Of course. Others may not though on both teams. FG battle but I think the Niners o line will really struggle at times.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If the Steelers win tomorrow, then anyone who is healthy should play and play to win. It's never acceptable under any terms to let the Bears win in Lambeau.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I don't think the Bears will beat the Packers. And now the Bears nor the Lions have the ability to spoil the Packers perfect season either. It happened to happen to a neutral team nobody saw coming......

The Bears offense is really really REALLY bad. I mean bad. Hanie makes me happy the Colts have had Orlovsky lately he is that bad.

The Lions game is a more a toss up depending on how desperate Detroit is (they play SD this weekend, won't be easy) and the Packers injury concerns.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't cheer for the Steelers by any means. Do you really want them to get the #1 seed and cruise to another AFC championship? By no means do I want to see them in the Super Bowl. And the 49ers losing just helps out the Saints, who don't need any more help.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I can't cheer for the Steelers by any means. Do you really want them to get the #1 seed and cruise to another AFC championship? By no means do I want to see them in the Super Bowl. And the 49ers losing just helps out the Saints, who don't need any more help.
Sorry, I'll take my chances. I want that #1 seed locked up. If the steelers are the ones to do it, so be it. I don't care which team we meet at lambeau. If we worry about who we play we have no business being champs. Besides, Brees is like 1 and 9 in starts under 45 degrees.:cool:

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Newhouse is just plain BAD at LT, plus we lost Bulaga for the rest of the game yesterday which exposed Sherrod's weaknesses as well as EDS at LG. Rodgers was never comfortable yesterday, mostly due to constant pressure from Hali which is a direct failure on Newhouse's part and partially on MM's for not giving Newhouse more help.

I say play Rodgers for maybe the first two quarters then pull him and do the same against the Lions. Let Flynn get some time in against the Bears second stringers.

mcoomer146

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any team that helps us get home field by beating a team that can stop it, I'm all for. Playing the Steelers in the Super Bowl isn't a bad thing. History shows when the same two teams go to the SB back to back, the team that won the first will win the second
Ref towards Cowboys-Bills.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a sample size of 1 time! After the Packers only barely won the Super Bowl despite what seemed like total domination of most of the game, I'd hate to play that same Steelers team again. And what's with everyone suddenly wanting the Packers to get help to clinch the #1 seed? Wasn't it just last week that everyone wanted us to take care of our own business?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The majority of us, and the national fans, think the Saints are either THE team to beat in the NFC, or are our toughest competition.

If the 49ers can win the remaining games (Pit tonight, at Seattle, at St Louis), then that will make the Saints the #3 seed. Which is good.
It's good because the Saints don't get the free pass/win/bye, and it means they have to play the NFC divisional game at San Francisco, which is a lot tougher for them than if it was in the Superdome.
Now if we lose both of our home games (then they'd be playing at us in that divisional round as we'd be the #2 seed... but we can't lose to Caleb Hanie).

So let's go 49ers!
They have 3 tough games though, especially RIGHT NOW vs the Steelers who need the win.
SF lost at Arizona last week, so they can certainly lose at Seattle too.

D

Dan115

The majority of us, and the national fans, think the Saints are either THE team to beat in the NFC, or are our toughest competition.

If the 49ers can win the remaining games (Pit tonight, at Seattle, at St Louis), then that will make the Saints the #3 seed. Which is good.
It's good because the Saints don't get the free pass/win/bye, and it means they have to play the NFC divisional game at San Francisco, which is a lot tougher for them than if it was in the Superdome.
Now if we lose both of our home games (then they'd be playing at us in that divisional round as we'd be the #2 seed... but we can't lose to Caleb Hanie).

So let's go 49ers!
They have 3 tough games though, especially RIGHT NOW vs the Steelers who need the win.
SF lost at Arizona last week, so they can certainly lose at Seattle too.

I agree with you. Do not want The Saints to get the second seed.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ben is not doing well so far, so I would not be surprised to see the 49ers win.
True, but SF keeps settling for FG's.
And Ben is very clutch.... the Niners defense is for real, even without Patrick Willis.
And they run the ball as well as ANY team in the NFL.
I think they'd gash the Saints for 200+ rushing yards.

PackAttack1992

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but SF keeps settling for FG's.
And Ben is very clutch.... the Niners defense is for real, even without Patrick Willis.
And they run the ball as well as ANY team in the NFL.
I think they'd gash the Saints for 200+ rushing yards.

Definitely, however he's been making some risky throws that could lead to more interceptions. Fortunately for the Steelers sake, SF hasn't been turning them into 7 points. Ben, being a clutch QB, could easily catch up.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a great game..... wish I could stay up til midnight for it but I can't.
Big Ben is a guy you gotta put away.... they need to be up by more than 7.....

Good night.
I hate 5:30 alarm clocks.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I much rather have the 49ers get the 2nd seed, but it would have been nice to wrap it up tonight. Guess it will just be another Christmas present.