We Are Not "Beating Ourselves"

LeapOfFaith

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jarrett Bush mimicked Clay Matthews by saying that 49ers "didn't beat us, we beat ourselves."

(LINK TO STORY)

First, I wish Jarrett would realize how terrible he is on defense. He may be good on special teams, but he continues to blow coverages. Something we are all too familiar with. I was a little frustrated when Matthews made similar comments about the NYG game last year, and this made things worse. Is this team TOO CONFIDENT? Confidence is good, but not to a point of cockiness. The team is talented, but we when lose...we lose when the other team out performs us.

The only way we can overcome a defeat is to accept the defeat and move on. These comments make us look like sore losers, and it's becoming embarrassing as a fan. Yes, the team played bad yesterday, but it was against a very solid team in San Fran. If it was the Dolphins or (insert other bad team), then it would be a cause of concern. But San Fran is going to have a strong year. Accept it, give them congrats, and work on your mistakes. Saying they didn't beat you, is not going to fix things. It'll only make the matter worse.

P.S. I wish Bush wasn't on our team.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
This whole "we're so good we can't lose, we beat ourselves" is getting really old. That's 2 games in a row now. First Clay who didn't want to admit, even though the Giants hands down beat the living crap out of us.

I know this team is a media darling and hyped up but this is pathetic, where was Jarrett Bush at all day? I'm not blaming the loss solely on him, the whole defense is garbage with a few play makers but seriously where was he? Sorry Bush but they really did beat us. You and the rest of the defense are so intimidating and threatening that Harbaugh put in a second string quarterback and ran a draw play and wasn't scared to kick a 64 yard field goal, nor was he scared to let Alex Smith THROW EVERYWHERE.

15-1 was last year, time to move on. This is an 0-1 team, not a 15-1 juggernaut.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
We should have spent a small amount of cash and got courtland finigan in the offseason. Yes, he is mean and nasty, but he delivers good hit, good tackles and he is a coverage beast. Look what he did this past weekend. He should be ours. I would gladly give up two of ours just for him.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
We should have spent a small amount of cash and got courtland finigan in the offseason. Yes, he is mean and nasty, but he delivers good hit, good tackles and he is a coverage beast. Look what he did this past weekend. He should be ours. I would gladly give up two of ours just for him.

With all the mistakes this defense was creating, Cortland Finnegan would easily make more flags come out for holding, pass interference, and other things. Kid is a worse problem child without Jeff Fisher to discipline him.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ maybe, maybe not. He is good, there is no doubting that. He hits hard and he can TACKLE. He is good in coverage and a ball hawk. We need all that, minus the fights.....that can be bred out of him.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Can you honestly look back at last nights game and think "We played better than that score suggests"? If you can look back and say "We played well" then they beat you. Doesn't matter if you lost by 50 points, if they beat you and you played well, they beat you. If you look back and say "we could have played better" they beat you. If we had won last night playing like that, I wouldn't have said we deserved the win, and I wouldn't have said that we beat the 49ers. I wouldn't have said the 49ers beat themselves, I wouldn't have said they didn't play well. I'd have probably said we just got lucky. Its not the score that matters. We did beat ourselves last night, but the 49ers beat us too, so did the Giants because they both played well those games. I didn't expect us to win last night, but I did expect us to play better. I didn see a team that deserved to score 22 points, I'm shocked that team only gave up 30 to the 49ers I saw last night.

Most of what I saw is easily fixed, so look for the Packers to return in the bears game. for the record I had them to win before the 49ers game

KManx89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson and Raji actually DID give the 9ers their due in their post-game comments, but of course, you can expect that to get overlooked with this latest ******* comment from Bush. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Techniqually, if the Packers defense didn't completely break down on the Moss touchdown and Rodgers didn't throw that interception, we would have won that game. We did "Beat ourselves" but you can't deny that the 49ers also took advantage of our mistakes to beat us.

KManx89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^If we made some unforced errors that cost us the game, I would agree with you, but the 9ers actually forced that interception on Rodgers, and our defense ultimately decided not to step up and play until the 4th quarter.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking back on our most recent 5 games, perhaps we peaked in New York last year.

We have lost our last 2, both at home, against NFC teams.
Before that, we barely beat the Lions but still gave up 41 points. At home.
Beat Chicago, at home, but they were missing their starting QB & RB.
And of course before those 4 HOME games, we lost at a Kansas City team down to their backup QB, backup RB, backup TE, and backup star safety.

We're not the same Packers as 2010, not even close.
That's what my eyes are telling me.

Now we still possess lethalness on offense, but it's totally finesse. Our OL simply does not know how to run block. None of them. No not Sitton or Bulaga, or Lang either.

How would you see our W-L record this year if we were missing Rodgers?

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking back on our most recent 5 games, perhaps we peaked in New York last year.

We have lost our last 2, both at home, against NFC teams.
Before that, we barely beat the Lions but still gave up 41 points. At home.
Beat Chicago, at home, but they were missing their starting QB & RB.
And of course before those 4 HOME games, we lost at a Kansas City team down to their backup QB, backup RB, backup TE, and backup star safety.

We're not the same Packers as 2010, not even close.
That's what my eyes are telling me.

Now we still possess lethalness on offense, but it's totally finesse. Our OL simply does not know how to run block. None of them. No not Sitton or Bulaga, or Lang either.

How would you see our W-L record this year if we were missing Rodgers?
Langs the only decent run blocker on the whole team. Maybe something to do with his strength? He was a workout warrior and has that quick first step to push the d lineman back and open up a hole.

The other guys on the other hand are all bred, raised and fed to pass block. It's all pretty much in their genes.

Reaction score
We did beat ourselves in the Giants game. We got our butts whooped this game. There is a difference between a bunch of dropped football and fumbles and getting ran over by frank gore and that O line. Jarrett Bush should know this

Members online

Latest posts