We Are Back!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The IRISH are back.

Who was that coach on the Irish sidelines? Was it Charlie Weis or was it Ara Parseghian. I could not tell?

Dave Wannstedt looked like he just saw the three men I admire most... The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

42-21 rout of No. 23 Pitt.

Touch Down Jesus Times Five equals a good Saturday.

Rally sons of Notre Dame:
Sing her glory and sound her fame,
Raise her Gold and Blue
And cheer with voices true:
Rah, rah, for Notre Dame
We will fight in ev-ry game,
Strong of heart and true to her name
We will ne'er forget her
And will cheer her ever
Loyal to Notre Dame

Cheer, cheer for old Notre Dame,
Wake up the echos cheering her name,
Send a volley cheer on high,
Shake down the thunder from the sky.
What though the odds be great or small
Old Notre Dame will win over all,
While her loyal sons are marching
Onward to victory.

Life is good!

R.P.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was impressive. Although I didn't really think that the Irish gave Ty a fair shake, it's hard to argue with replacing him with Weis.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T.O.

Toraunta Pack Fan,

(Note the proper pronuciation of Toronto.)

I agree with you as always, however sometimes change is good and change is what is needed. Fortune does not change men, it unmasks them. Ty will do well and his time in Notre Dame will make him a better coach.

T.O. You of all people on this forum know about change and how it can be good. How many cases have you studied where all was lost in a corp law suit until there was a change in attorneys and there was a fresh approach to the case.

You went to U Vic a damn good school, but you are practicing in Toronto. Was that a good change? I do not know I love Victoria and it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world but I bet you belong in Toronto.

Change is good.

It will be good for Ty and you are right the admin at N.D. gave him a short leach and raw deal.... But this was good for both and it will show.

P.S.

How bout dem B.C. Lions.... I found a bar here in Providence that has TSN,,, I will be watching next week when they keep the un-deafeated streak in tact.

AF Lion

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets See how they fair against Michigan at the big house before getting too excited. This could be a really exciting game for the two winningest programs in college football. Michigan is flat out loaded on the offensive side of the ball but quetionable on defense which makes them very vulnerable. Personally I will keep my Maze and Blue glasses on and say the Wolverines win an instant classic 34-31.

"Hail to the Victors"

Reaction score
RP, about your Lions... well I will agree they are one great team, but I just can't see them going undefeated. I think somewhere (I hope its against Toronto and their "bend but don't break" D) a team will beat them. However, if any team can go undefeated, its BC. One more thing RP, you want to talk about depth, look at Lions QB depth. ****enson and Printers both go down, yet they still manage to win with a no name third stringer. Thats what I call scouting and good coaching!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AF Lion said:
Lets See how they fair against Michigan at the big house before getting too excited. This could be a really exciting game for the two winningest programs in college football. Michigan is flat out loaded on the offensive side of the ball but quetionable on defense which makes them very vulnerable. Personally I will keep my Maze and Blue glasses on and say the Wolverines win an instant classic 34-31.

"Hail to the Victors"

Couldn't agree more. Notre Dame looked awfully impressive against Pitt, but now they come in to the "Big House". More than 110,000 screaming, rabid Wolverine fans will help the team pull one out. Sorry, Notre Dame is 1-1 after two weeks. Michigan 28, Notre Dame 17.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just figured I'd bump this thread for the hell of it.:mrgreen: I've never been a huge college football fan, but when I'm looking for scores/poll rankings it's Notre Dame and Texas A&M I look for. Also, RP, how about those 61 points B.C. hung up on the Renegades?!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Notre Dame looked good again. There's no reason that Michigan was ever ranked as high as it was, but ND is going to a BCS Bowl by the end of this season. Even better news, with Iowa, Ohio State and Michigan losing, the Big Ten is wide open fo the Badgers!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
The IRISH are back.

Who was that coach on the Irish sidelines? Was it Charlie Weis or was it Ara Parseghian. I could not tell?

Dave Wannstedt looked like he just saw the three men I admire most... The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

42-21 rout of No. 23 Pitt.

Touch Down Jesus Times Five equals a good Saturday.

Sing her glory and sound her fame,
Raise her Gold and Blue
And cheer with voices true:
Rah, rah, for Notre Dame
We will fight in ev-ry game,
Strong of heart and true to her name
We will ne'er forget her
And will cheer her ever
Loyal to Notre Dame

Cheer, cheer for old Notre Dame,
Wake up the echos cheering her name,
Send a volley cheer on high,
Shake down the thunder from the sky.
What though the odds be great or small
Old Notre Dame will win over all,
While her loyal sons are marching
Onward to victory.

Life is good!

R.P.
I like my version better.
That Leprechaun guy is pretty lame,
Raise her Gold and Blue
Because were Catholic, we don

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
That's awesome Phil. I can't believe we agree on something. :)
Notre Dame is only 90 miles from Chicago so I have had to put up with that crap all of my life. Sorry but I hate em.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts