Watch out for this Guy in 2012

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

He turned pro last draft a year early, and I had read some places that had he remained at Arizona State for his senior year, he could have boosted his stock way up to perhaps a 2nd round pick.

The Packers took him last year late, round 7, and basically redshirted him with a concussion thing.

He's a 6-4, 305 pounds which is the size that Jarius Wynn & CJ Wilson do not have. Wynn was 275 when drafted and Wilson 290.

I am not expecting a lot from him, but I believe he's a natural 5-tech who will give us more than Wilson, Wynn, and Neal have.

Still, I want to see us use a high draft pick on a better DE, and/or free agent.
Nonetheless, expect to hear some good things from this Guy this year for us.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...en-bay-packers-2011-nfl-draft-scouting-report
Lawrence Guy is a bulky, athletic defensive tackle with all the potential in the world.
Although his decision to leave Arizona State after his junior year was questioned by some, others say he should still blossom as he continues to develop and mature.

“An ascending player whose best football is still ahead of him,” scout Rob Rang told the Arizona Republic.

The 6’4” 305-pound Las Vegas native finished his junior season at Arizona State with 41 tackles, six tackles for a loss and 1.5 sacks in 12 starts. Guy is ranked by nfldraftscout.com as the No. 17 defensive tackle prospect.

He ran a 4.96 40 at the NFL Combine.

Analysis: The Green Bay Packers are forward looking by picking up Guy, whose potential is tremendous. Coming off of their Super Bowl win, they're in no hurry to develop the Arizona State product and can afford to wait and let him blossom.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82856&draftyear=2012&genpos=DT
DL Lawrence Guy (7/233) is a five-technique lineman that started all three years before turning pro early.

GET TO KNOW LAWRENCE GUY
.... he's tweeted with me before, nice guy who I root for. Really, great measurables, hopefully it translates onto the field for us this season!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for putting this together.

You can't help but root for this young man. He was projected to go much earlier in the draft. My hope is that being overlooked will provide additional motivation. His biggest challenge may be learning the defense. Luckily, DE, is one of the easiest positions to learn in the NFL.

BSchujasNYG

Giants Fan
Reaction score
Lawrence Guy was one of my sleeper guys as a 5T last year, I thought you guys got tremendous value for him in the 7th, especially with the imminent loss of Jenkins.

Hope he turns out well for you guys.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lawrence Guy was one of my sleeper guys as a 5T last year, I thought you guys got tremendous value for him in the 7th, especially with the imminent loss of Jenkins.

Hope he turns out well for you guys.
he might end up a lot better than mike neal in the long run.

BSchujasNYG

Giants Fan
Reaction score
he might end up a lot better than mike neal in the long run.
Yeah that pick isn't looking to promising now. It's a shame, before he went out with the knee last year, he had that nice game vs. Washington.

2 years in the league though, he barely even plays. He started getting some time for you guys down the stretch, but nothing much and he didn't do much.