VET BEACH GONE [Merged topic]

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2007/06/15/1/

Packers Release RB Arliss Beach

The Green Bay Packers Friday released running back Arliss Beach. Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson made the announcement. Beach spent last season on injured reserve after signing with the team as a non-drafted free agent on May 5, 2006....

NOTE: EYES CHECKED.

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers released Arliss Beach

This is one for your surprise cuts thread. I thought that they had high hopes for him.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers released Arliss Beach

im surprised.

Bring on the "TT doesnt know what hes doing relasing a stud like that" posts.

oh well.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: VET BEACH GONE

I'm guessing this move has to do with his recovery from last year's injury. Too bad, as we've heard promising things about his field awareness, speed and cutting ability.

Not panicking, but I think it's logical to have concerns about this position considering the relative inexperience there and the fact that Jackson injured a knee in recent OTAs.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score

I'm guessing this move has to do with his recovery from last year's injury. Too bad, as we've heard promising things about his field awareness, speed and cutting ability.

Not panicking, but I think it's logical to have concerns about this position considering the relative inexperience there and the fact that Jackson injured a knee in recent OTAs.

AMEN to that!! The defense seems to be to just worry about the O-Line, which many think are great, but I disagree. I know they will be better, but I'm not quite sure how MUCH better they will be. Having a proven, skilled back with lots of talent would only help things out. I surely hope I'm wrong tho . .

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Geez, Tophat, you really are a ***.

No offense, but just wondering why you feel it was necessary to call someone else a name simply because they posted a thread on a topic 24 minutes before you felt it was necessary to start another thread on the exact same topic.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Packers released Arliss Beach

im surprised.

oh well.
TT DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING RELEASING A DUD........I MEAN STUD LIKE THAT!!!!
We're DOOMED I tell you!
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Reaction score

Man we haven't had such posts in a while. It's actually been some civil and quality discussion. Brings a tear to my eye.

As for the release of Beach, I think it has more to do with PJ Pope/Deshawn Wynn impressing than with Beach stinking the joint up.

Seemed like a good prospect, I expect him to latch on to another team somewhere (hopefully not another team in the NFC North, namely the Bears).

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm disappointed. I had high hopes for him, but not for any particular reason I guess. As previously stated, it's probably because the other backs are doing better, which is good to hear if true. But then, he's not the first I've seemingly jinxed with my support. I'm going to adopt all the Bears players, hurt as it might.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He seemed like an intriguing prospect, but was probably a long shot to make the roster let alone get any serious playing time, hence we released him. It'll be interesting to see who wins (Pope, Herron, and Wynn) the 3rd RB spot behind Morency and Jackson.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not surpised that he was cut, he was injured and sat on the bench. However I thought he showed some promise.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
we should have kept him.

well he never played against "top notch" talent in the NFL just the preseason games against the 3rd stringer. He was talented but no expierence and he was injured. Still with some work he could of been good.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not surpised that he was cut, he was injured and sat on the bench. However I thought he showed some promise.

:yeah:

I was actually hoping he'd make the team, but I didn't think he was better than Morency and obviously the coaches think he's not as good as Jackson or Herron.

Best of luck to him. I hope some other team signs him.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
TOPHAT said:
Last edited by TOPHAT on Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:24 AM; edited 5 time in total
I wonder if you get credit each time you edit a post.
If so, we have an immediate champion! :rotflmao:

I'm still trying to figure out how you edit a one word post five times. Guess I will never understand seeing as I am not an established writer.

Regardless, wonderful topic and post and mucho appreciated that it was posted here. Thanks TOPHAT!

Members online

Latest posts