Very Sad To See.... I hate to say it but...

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I really wish Brett would have retired last year. This is killing me. It is always about the interceptions. THREE more today... Regardless of if they were tipped or what ever it is still THREE.

It is always about the interceptions. It is always about the interceptions. It is always about the interceptions. It is always about the dang interceptions.

RP

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad Brett came back for another year, but he just doesn't have the running game he used to, and his highlight-reel plays are few and far between this season. Although Favre is frequently commended for his "sandlot" style of football, he is really at his best when he is in a good system and is sticking closely to the game plan. That's not the case anymore. When he lacks confidence in the players around him, he just wings it up there and hopes for the best. This will most likely be his last season unless the team makes a dramatic turnouround.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre had 3 INTs which hurt, but I think a more telling sign was Favre had a perfect QB rating in the 2nd quarter, yet the Packers were still losing at the time.

Green had 18 carries and had just a tad over 3 yards a carry. He hasn't had a 100 yard game rushing since the middle of last season. Teams are putting more players in coverage because the Packers can't run the ball, giving Favre less space to throw. I'm more concerned with Green being over the hill than Favre.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 games in...take it easy. Culpepper was playing even worse than Favre until today's game. there is a whole bunch of season left for people to panic in. of course Farve should've came back this season..not only will he have great stats this season, but what was the alternative? thats a no-brainer if you're a Packer fan.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I hate to say it, but I really wish Brett would have retired last year. This is killing me. It is always about the interceptions. THREE more today... Regardless of if they were tipped or what ever it is still THREE.

It is always about the interceptions. It is always about the interceptions. It is always about the interceptions. It is always about the dang interceptions.

RP

Its killing me too Raider. It hurts me very bad. How much more can we swallow.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
3 games in...take it easy. Culpepper was playing even worse than Favre until today's game. there is a whole bunch of season left for people to panic in. of course Farve should've came back this season..not only will he have great stats this season, but what was the alternative? thats a no-brainer if you're a Packer fan.

Yes indeed, there is a whole bunch of season left TO SUFFER, for the first time in 10 years I am allmost sure that we are not making the season.

Anyway with TT at the wheel at least I expect good use of our 1st overall draft pick next year, and I hope TT is a great punter as he need to PUNT Sherman´s *** all the way to Hawai....

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ferguson is not a courageous receiver. But lets not only knock the receivers on Favre's interceptions. The fact is this, he is going to be a Hall of Fame QB. He can stick make things happen and still throws the ball hard. The fact remains he threw 3 interceptions again. He has to stop trying to make the great play with this bad team and just make the right play. Part of the reason for our record are his turnovers. When he retires I will sign his praises. He is really an amazing player, but he's also making as many or more mistakes than than his receivers. I hate to say that, but it's true.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets see...last year they were 1-2 at this time(later 1-3) and ended up with the North division title.

I rest my case regarding fair weather fans.

I don't give a damn if they go 0-16. I'm a Packer fan, not a Packer whiner.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
Lets see...last year they were 1-2 at this time(later 1-3) and ended up with the North division title.

I rest my case regarding fair weather fans.

I don't give a damn if they go 0-16. I'm a Packer fan, not a Packer whiner.

I too am a Packer Fan, but it would be nice to see some drive out of the offense. Favre can't, and won't be able to do it all himself. I believe most of the problems stem from coaching and play calling. Why else would you let Green get 5 yards on a 1st and 10, then go to 2 pass plays that get you no yardage? Stick with the run for at least 2 downs so you don't get in those 3rd and longs where you NEED AND EXPECT Brett to pull you out.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Net.... I am too. I shall be pumped up for week 16 if both the Packers and Raidaaahs are 0 and 15 each.

Do not get me wrong. I just love Brett to death, and I hate to see this.

P.S. Phil and Packer Chick... Get a hotel room will you please.

RP

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
arrowgargantuan said:

Yes indeed, there is a whole bunch of season left TO SUFFER, for the first time in 10 years I am allmost sure that we are not making the season.

Anyway with TT at the wheel at least I expect good use of our 1st overall draft pick next year, and I hope TT is a great punter as he need to PUNT Sherman´s *** all the way to Hawai....

well, you started panicing in the first quarter of the second game...so forgive me if i take your comments with a grain of salt. i think the lot of you need a little backbone...

what it is about message boards that inspire such a dramatic response after every loss?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
tromadz said:
favre throws good balls...people drop them (cough, ferguson)

Favre has bad receivers. Simply put.
Come on now. Just 3 weeks ago I saw everyone here say that the Packers receivers were probably the best unit in the NFL. :stop:

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Net.... I am too. I shall be pumped up for week 16 if both the Packers and Raidaaahs are 0 and 15 each.

Do not get me wrong. I just love Brett to death, and I hate to see this.

P.S. Phil and Packer Chick... Get a hotel room will you please.

RP

Raider, dont force me into a room with him please.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre didn't have receivers today because 2/3 of the starters were out. But the biggest liability he has is a coach who doesn't get in his face about protecting the ball. He had fewer int's, with Holmgen, as a young QB than he does now, with Sherman, as a veteran.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
RP..

you sound like Michael Irving?

You two ain't buddy's now, are you?
Steve Young seems to think Brett has alot left in the tank..but no players around him...and no coaching...I tend to agree...

Now repeat after me...

It's not about Brett...It's not about Brett...It's not about Brett.....

It's about Sherman..that inept *******...

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
RP..

you sound like Michael Irving?

You two ain't buddy's now, are you?
Steve Young seems to think Brett has alot left in the tank..but no players around him...and no coaching...I tend to agree...

Now repeat after me...

It's not about Brett...It's not about Brett...It's not about Brett.....

It's about Sherman..that inept *******...
Wrong wrong wrong. Favre has been playing "sandlot" ball for the last few years. I don't know if he read to many stories about him being the Packers "magician" or he just doesn’t care anymore but he is now costing the Packers more games than he is winning. 3 and 4 INT’s in just about every game is a hint and a half.
What Favre have you been watching?

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya guys. The Pack lost the game by one point. One friggin point. And yet nearly everybody on this board wants to fire everybody on the team from Sherman/Rossley to Favre/Green.

Jeez. Some kind of fans.

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never liked Sherman. That aside, I don't think this thread is as much about wanting to fire Favre (whom I think most of us love) to wondering if his best years are behind him. I pesonally can't say. Brett has always had a good team around him and now he doesn't. I think he'll retire after this year anyways so it will be a moot question.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"But the biggest liability he has is a coach who doesn't get in his face about protecting the ball."

Brett's a big boy now, and as a 15 year veteran, he doesn't need Sherman to get in his face. If anything, Sherman needs to get in Fergusons face and tell him he needs to be more aggressive going after the ball instead of letting the db's out muscle or out jump him. These are the same passes Brett threw in the Raider game after his father died. The difference is, the receivers played inspired ball for Brett in that game. It shouldn't take a dramatic pregame speech from Favre or Sherman to get these guys to play inspired every game.

Members online

Latest posts